1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fozzie Illustration

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Reevz1977, May 12, 2009.

1. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone - more to follow soon!
  2. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i've loved every character so far! i am itching to see the final product.
  3. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

Any new updates there Reevesie?
  4. Reevz1977

SORRY! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !...AGAIN! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

...annoying (for you not for me as I'm WELL happy!:D), I've had 4 big illustrations come it that will take me to the end of April. I'm gonna be doing several 80 hour weeks so it's not all fun and games though:sympathy:

I PROMISE, I will get back onto, and push forward, the Muppet illustration as soon as I can. To date I've only shown 21 of the 37 that exist in various stages so theres not a great deal to be done before I will post these little previews.

Sorry again - I am genuinely chuffed that people still care about this project and endeavour to not let you down...
  5. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

Hey no worries... I just figured it had been a month since Statler, so I thought I'd check in...
    and actually.. by my count... its closer to 27 that you've shown us...
    but.. who's counting.. :)
  6. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Not to be picky or anything, but I was just going through your photos and discovered a small typing error. You labeled Dr Bunsen Honeydew as Br Bunsen Honeydew. :confused:

Just thought I'd point it out (stickler for spelling ;)).
  7. Reevz1977

BRILLIANT:D

That'll taech me to tpye drunk!:p
  8. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

I saw you had posted in this thread Stuart, and I got pretty excited that there was an update.
    Oh well, soon enough I hope!
  9. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

*bump*
    Got anything for us there Stu?
  10. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

What happened? O_O

I try to see if maybe I missed some ... and they're all gone. :(
  11. Reevz1977

Relax folks, everythings fine. Sadly I've been snowed under now for months now, although I have nearly done the Jim Henson puppet in the odd spare second I have. I've taken down everything off Flickr as they have all been updated since and will preview the stuff on stuartreeves.co.uk in the near future.

On a separate note, my recent workload has raised the possibility of me going freelance, which is the only way I'm ever going to get some spare time (I'm currently illustrating 80 hours a week!) and have approached Disney to see if I could pitch to do a promotional poster for the new movie. My thoughts would be to go for a Struzan-style poster done in a more contemporary digitally airbrushed way, as I categorically hate the photoshop "photo-montage" posters that seem to be in vogue right now and believe the Muppets deserve more.

The question is what does everybody here, as Muppet fans, think to the idea? ? ?
  12. ZeppoAndFriends

I'm sick of contemporary movie posters, too. :p

I prefer the ones that were drawn and/or painted, they looked a whole lot better and not as...squeaky clean.

I'm all for it! :excited: (Let's hope Disney is!)
  13. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

I'm all for hand-drawn stuff....

I always loved the old movie posters way better than the "clip-art-thrown-together-at-the-last-minute" styled stuff of today.

Best of luck to you Stuart! I for one am a huge fan of your muppet illustrations and I would love to see you get paid for it.
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Drew Struzan's illustrated take on the Muppets marks the best cinematic feel to me.
    The Muppet Movie
    Great Muppet Caper
    Muppet Christmas Carol
    Muppet Treasure Island
    Henson Specials
    and Emmet Otter
    were all done by this fantastic artist. Not sure who did MTM or MFS's style one and style two, but to me they miss a little bit of the magic of the others.

I think Stuart's take on the characters is pitch-perfect and Disney should take note and stop using the same tired 90's clip art they've been using. I also think it's time to take some new character photos. The thing is, they have a wealth of wonderful classic photos in their archives that they never use.

Photoshop is a fantastic tool, but only in the hands of someone who can already draw and has a keen eye. I doubt the new film will get a graphic poster like Struzan's work, but I think they should go for Stuart's photo-realistic drawings. My two cents. I just wants me a Muppet movie and some new artwork coming out too. I miss the updates in this thread.
  15. ZeppoAndFriends

Now, those are the types of movie posters I like! (His portrait of Taminella was great!) :excited:

There's a certain richness to them that is lost when you just put photos together digitally. There's no way you could ever get a sense of warmth like that through a machine!

(No offence meant to anyone who chooses to create that way. I just prefer the look of paint.)
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I miss my Mupdates. :o
  17. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i know! i hope the project hasn't been scrapped :(
  18. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

I'm sure it hasn't.
    I sure hope it hasn't.

Stuart's website hasn't been updated in awhile. But I'm sure he's working diligently and planning on presenting a huge update for all of us that are following his work. *hint* *hint*;)
  19. Reevz1977

Whoa whoa whoa, don't panic folks - I ain't dead. I'm really REALLY trying hard to become self employed at the moment which is taking up most of my time. There has been a "development" with the muppets - I will tell more when I know more. Trust me when I say this project is far from dead, I have done a significant amount of work since I last showed anything but I really feel I need to show something BIG to win folks over after such a long period since I last updated. Please, please, PLEASE keep the faith folks, this project was done solely for myself and others like-minded and my intention to give us muppet fans something we have never seen before. I promise I'll post something new ASAP!
  20. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

I smell someone getting signed by Disney to illustrate the posters for the new movie.