1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fozzie Illustration

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Reevz1977, May 12, 2009.

1. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Thanks :) I'm drifting between angry and flattered after seeing Disney's poster
  2. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too. Their version is a standard Photoshop job. Your composition is absolutely beautiful!
  3. Reevz1977

Cheers Jamie!! Coming from you that means ALOT!!!
    jvcarroll likes this.
  4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

WOW! Stuart, once again you've blown me away! I am SO thrilled to know that you're still working on this. Your piece is absolutely breath-taking. Beautiful, beautiful work.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Whoo-hooooo! Its amazing to see them all together like that after seeing all the sneaks and previews and individual characters! When I got the alert that this thread had been updated, as usual my heart skipped a beat wondering what exactly we would get to see next!

There IS a similarity! Although I'm sure there was a very old piece of artwork that depicted the Muppets in theater seats...although I cannot remember where or what it was originally...which they may have been referencing. But the similarity between your Animal and theirs is uncanny.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  6. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

This is SO WONDERFUL! (though yes, there is definitely a resemblance and they should be ashamed of themselves if they pilfered... especially because theirs is just some crappy photoshoppy photo thing and yours is ART).
    I am ecstatic to see Link and Strangepork in the back there (I've been eager to see your Link ever since I discovered this project), and I love the ever-gleeful Lew in mid-fish-fling! Also the random penguin up there, lol... and I really can't get over how *perfect* Sweetums looks. Just... wow.
    I am very glad you've picked this project back up. This reminds me (in the best way possible) of the beginning of "The Muppet Movie", as it very much captures the chaos (popcorn and penguins flying) of getting the Muppets together in a theater! The only thing I might suggest is that you add a paper airplane or two? ;)
    LOVE IT!
  7. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    AWESOME!!!!!!

Is that enough excalamation points? No. It is not.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE tell me you'll be offering this as a print! As a t-shirt! Both! Soon!

Agree with the pros. Your art is gorgeous and really draws in the viewer! I'm not even a penguin fan and the flying foot made me giggle. The whole thing is wonderful!!
    ------------------
  8. Reevz1977

THANK YOU EVERYONE for the kind words!!. As you know, this thing has been a labor of love ...and then some!! Whilst I wanted to keep the final piece a surprise until it was finished, after seeing the Disney poster (who saw this mine 2 or more years ago) I felt like sharing it with everyone early - plus theres ALOT more interaction not shown yet that should raise a smile or two on the final piece. But just to explain some of what is shown on this visual...

• Floyd will have a chain, attempting to reign back Animal
    • The Penguin is going to catch the fish thrown by Lew, which has also shocked the Chef, making him spill his popcorn
    • Zoot and Lips are having the most muted conversation in the history of the Muppets!
    • Robin is offering Sweetums his popcorn
    • Waldorf is enjoying a cup of tea as opposed to the usual movie beverage
    • Link is baffled by Strangepork who is wearing his "Pigs in Space" getup
    • Gonzo is pulling Rizzo from Rowlfs popcorn
    • Jim is at the back (to be joined by the Jerry and Frank Puppets) who is enjoying watching all the mayhem infront of him.
    • PLUS many, many more secret interactions to come!!

Characters also lined up to appear are:
    • Miss Piggy...Obviously
    • Foo Foo
    • Annie Sue
    • JP Grosse
    • Wayne and Wanda
    • Doglion
    • The Muppaphones
    • Mahna Mahna
    • Thog
    • Hilda
    • Angus McGonagle
    • Behemoth
    • Big Momma
    • Bobby Benson
    • Boppity
    • Lew Kazagger
    • Droop
    • The Fazzoobs
    • George
    • Gladys
    • Gloat
    • Luncheon Counter Monster
    • Nigel
    • Pops and Gaffer
    • Timmy Monster
    Plus countless other Monsters, Chickens, Pigs etc etc

Have I missed anyone out?
    newsmanfan, Nasubionna and jvcarroll like this.
  9. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Wow! This sounds incredible! I wish you the best of luck with your work on this.
  10. WebMistressGina

WebMistressGina Well-Known Member

I couldn't view your work on the Flickr page (not found), so I decided to go to your website and OMG! It's talent like that that always makes me wish I could draw or make some sort of actual picture and not stick figures. :D

Most definitely very awesome and I'm really wanting to see the final unveiling is!
  11. Reevz1977

Thank you, does this link work OK?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/6960934498/in/photostream
  12. WebMistressGina

WebMistressGina Well-Known Member

Ah ha! Mini Garcias! That is awesome and very close to the Muppet poster, but no copyright intended on either part I'm sure. As someone on Flickr mentioned, you are missing the Divine Miss P, but I think as you mentioned, you're still working on and the ideas that are going to be combined in it.

I would definitely love to have this as actual poster for my wall. :)
  13. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

Ah, I was wondering what Gonzo was up to! It all makes sense now, heehee! :D
  14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

15. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

Amazing as always Stuart. Looking forward very much to the finished project!
    So happy that you've explained who we can expect to see and the various interactions planned!
  16. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------
    Holy camerones. Can I triple-"like" something? Wonderful!!!

-----------
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Holy Camerons.

http://kirkcameron.com/

Bea:zany:{It was funny in my head}regard
    newsmanfan likes this.
  18. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Stuart, your art is very beautiful and it is just that--art. I'm so glad you are continuing. But I want to say very sincerely to you that I don't see a great resemblance between what you have done and what Disney has done. The idea of the muppets in the theater seats to see their new movie is really something that comes from the original, The Muppet Movie and I don't see much comparison beyond that.
    The Disney poster is just a movie poster, designed to give us a quick tease by showing us the muppets we love in the theater again (where they belong). Your lovely work tells a story--actually, many stories--and you should not feel that your art is diminished in any way by their commercial product.

But I do understand. I believe all artists struggle on some level with a pure selfless love of their art and the need to be recognized. I can have 100 "looks" at one of my story posts and still feel like "no one liked it" when they don't comment, too, so let me be one of many, many here to comment and say, "We see you and--boy--do we like what we see." Please know that if we could vote you in as a poster-maker, we would, but that's not the coin of our fan realm. All we can really do is share with you how wowed and amazed and impressed we really are. (And buy the t-shirt if you make one!)

Speaking as a huge Piggy fan-girl, when it was confirmed that they were going to do a new movie, I was worried about how Miss Piggy would be portrayed in The Muppets. I wondered if they would do her justice, or make her the butt of another lame round of jokes. Happily, I think they did her proud, and mostly because they let Jason, who was--first of all--a fan, set the tone for how the characters were portrayed. Does it mean anything to you when I say that while I was worried about what Miss Piggy would be like in The Muppets, I'm not at all worried about what she will be like in your work. I have every confidence in you that she will shine like the star she is.

Bravo, dear. I'm throwing all the roses in my garden at your feet.

Ru
    newsmanfan likes this.
  19. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

Any updates for us fans there Stuart?
  20. Reevz1977

Sorry Joel :(

To try and give some form of explanation, I was informed earlier in the year that one of my biggest clients no longer needed my services for 18 months. With that in mind, I had every intention of finishing the lingering piece for good...

However, this year has turned out crazier than ever for work with absolutely no window for progress on this project. Whilst its a good thing for me, part of me really wants to get this thing done and out for all to see.

In short...I'll stop making promises!