1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fozzie Illustration

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Reevz1977, May 12, 2009.

1. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Thanks Zena Star:D

I am hopefully going to make a huge leap forward on this illustration in the next week and will keep adding little snippets to my Flickr page to give people here an early work-in-progress glimpse of how the characters are shaping up. I have got my first week off work since Christmas and intend to use this time to focus on this project!

I was going to add one character this week but I'm going to opt for 2 instead as the characters I'm currently doing are a double act;)

Keep your eyes peeled

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/
  2. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

Outstanding! That's all I can say! You always outdo yourself with these!
  3. Reevz1977

Cheers Baby Gonzo:D

As promised, another addition to the list of characters "in-progress". This isn't the character that I originally intended to show however there will be many more in the next few days;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/
  4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

SAM! ! ! He's SO awesome! Those feathers are GORGEOUS! His facial expression is priceless! And look at ROWLF! AHHH! I love it! AMAZING job, man!
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I am so stoked about these inclusions. You've really pegged the eye focus on Rowlf. That's the hardest part with his oval eyes and specific pupil placement. Sam is incredible, of course. His expression is perfect and the feathers are fantastic. I like that you've stuck him with the musicians (Rowlf, Dr. Teeth and Zoot from what I can tell). It makes me wonder how much character interaction there be? It doesn't need it, but clearly Sam is disturbed by something he sees. :attitude:
  6. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

*claps loudly and screams with joy* amazing. this is beyond awesome. when the whole thing is done, i'll probly end up ******* my pants. great job! keep up the good work.
  7. Reevz1977

Well spotted Jamie, there is alot of character interaction. One of the reasons I have not shown any bodies is that it would give too much away;) The image as a whole is a cinema shot. On the front row there is Kermit, Piggy and Fozzie all (relatively) normal. As the theatre goes back, the rows get more and more manic with the (un)usual random Muppet mayhem!

Calm down Nick22:)
  8. Reevz1977

9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the final product!
  10. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Hahahaha! ! ! Harry is GREAT! And Floyd is wonderful! His expression is priceless! I love the details on Harry's clothes and all the intricacies of him all together... terrific stuff! This is really going to blow everyone away.
  11. Leyla

Leyla Member

Wow... I just popped in and started looking at your work. It's amazing. I can't even grasp how you're doing that, but they're all of them just beautiful. So vivid. I feel like if I touched the screen I'd feel muppet. I love the composition too, the expressions, the way you've captured the character. Just amazing!
  12. Reevz1977

One part that I've worked on is Zoot and Lips having a conversation(?). Whilst drawing the pencil sketch I did chuckle several times wondering how that conversation might go:confused:
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It would probably need subtitles and/or translation. :cool:
  14. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

...Dude... You are putting a LOT of work into this... and it shows! I spy Floyd, and I swear, at first glance I thought it was a photograph of him. I love all the detail you're putting into each of the characters... You must have insane amounts of patience! Keep up the great work!
  15. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

You know, you just made my day when you wrote that. I was gonna suggest that you could put them sitting together, anyway.

You've made a girl very happy, and I thank you for that.
  16. Reevz1977

It would actually bother me quite alot if I totted up the hours spent on this piece. That said, it's been such a learning curve trying to figure out how to do this and get the characters right and I've enjoyed the challenge. The final piece will (hopefully) showcase my photoshop skills and limitations and also make me aware! ! !

I aim to please:D
  17. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Floyd and Harry are AWESOME! I can't wait to see some more.
  18. Reevz1977

Your wish will SOON (! ! !) be granted:hungry:
  19. Reevz1977

Hope you like - another coming (very) soon!
  20. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad! I had a snafu with my computer in another thread and accidently wound up posting the exact same reply twice! :o