Fozzie on a cloud ...

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently picked up Muppets figure collecting which means I'm trying to build a collection of Muppets PVC's, Palisades figures and the occasional food promo figure.
I now came across the next eBay auction and won it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...PageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008#ebayphotohosting

I'm rather puzzled about this figure because it doesn't appear in the Guides here at MC as far as I know ... I asked the seller and he could tell me it is a solid PVC figure. The embossed text on the figure reads: "1997 Henson GW 01 05 China".

:confused: Does anybody know where this figure comes from? Did it come with a playset of sorts? Was it part of a set of figures? And if so, what other figures came in the set?
I'm grateful for any and all information you guys can give me! Thanks ... :wink:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I check ebay alot, and I have never seen this figure before.I wonder if it is a factory sample that never went ahead?also, it doesnt look like a cloud-more like a bean bag or could it be an oversized whoppee cushion?Trying to think what was happening around 1997 to release this.I guess "muppets tonight" but I still cant see the relivance to the product.Congratulations on the find.Wish I had one!

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think I have the answer.It could be fozzie on a snow bank, which was one of the toys from long John Silvers Muppet Winter wonderland in 1997.there were 4 characters to the set-Gonzo trapped in a snowball, Piggy on a Snow Coaster, and Kermit on Skis.The picture has gone from the MC guide, but the description and year match so I am fairly confidant that is what it is.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Silly me! I found I already have this fozzie and the set.The figures are very small and I didnt realise it was them.I guess that i have that much Muppet Stuff that I forget what I have.LOL!

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
You're da greatest, Eric! Thanks a bunch for all that info.
As a matter of fact I now found back the reference in the Guides over here at MC, but the picture doesn't show that much details so it was easy enough to overlook it.
I'm pretty anxious to receive this one ... and of course I'll have to add the others to my WANTS list now ... :stick_out_tongue:
By the way, you make it sound like you have quite the collection ... what items did you collect? Or is that list just too long?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Only a minor amount is in my manager's toy museum(link in signature).It over takes a whole house, but there are other Television character toys/props amongst it.

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Pretty nifty stuff in that link, Eric ... my stuff still fits into a couple of boxes and I do hope to keep it that way. Even so ... my collecting bug is infamous for liking BIG collections only ... :halo:

I received my Fozzie figure in today's mail. Since you have the set, I have another question if you don't mind, Eric ... if I take a look at the folder the Fozzie figure seems to come on top of some translucent pillar, but I just got the figure sitting on a snowbank. The snowbank has a plastic half-circle piece underneath with three holes in it. Is it the same for yours or is my figure incomplete? Is there something the snowbank fits into?

Thanks again ain advance for your help!

muppetperson

Reaction score
The idea is that you put Fozzie into an ice cube tray with the white curve and holes submerged in water.The holes are for the figure to bold when the water goes between it.Then you freeze him(Brrr, poor Fozzie) and then you take the cube out and you can slide him accross the floor.

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
I see ... the "translucent pillar" on the folder must be an iceblock then. Cute! ... :smile:

Thanks again for all the info, Eric.