Fozzie Thread

wockawocka

Reaction score
This is sort of the same thing as my other one. I'd like to see comments on Fozzie. But, the thing is, I think that people are starting to forget about Fozzie. I mean, we can't forget him! He is Kermit's best friend! I think Gonzo has sort of, well, taken his place, I mean, I like Gonzo, but I want Fozzie back!

wockawocka

Reaction score
Please reply, I want to hear what you have to say. Do you miss Fozzie or do you hope he stays away?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I agree with what you said. I mean Gonzo appeared on "Hollywood Squares" about a few months ago and he was the main character on "Muppets from Space," but lately Fozzie hasn't done too much of anything. I wonder if this has to do with Frank Oz retiring. Hmmm...

Waldorf

Reaction score
I agree, too. I want Fozzie back! Gonzo and him are two entirely different characters. More Fozzie! I love him!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Waldorf...wants more Fozzie? Only on this board!

Fozzie an' GOnzo are my two absolute favorites!!! Closely followed by The Electric mayheim and the Sweedish Chef

But in all honesty, Fozzie's still around, and performed by (I think) John Kennedy. He had a breif speaking cameo in the Weezer video!

But in truth. I think that the role he got in Muppets Christmas Carol was dreadfully short. Fozziewig's rubber chicken factory was cute, but come on! He was in the film for about 5 minutes!

He had a much better (and funnier) role in Muppets Treasure Island!

wockawocka

Reaction score
Yes, I think that Fozzie's role in Muppet Christmas Carol was not big enough and same with his role in Muppet Treasure Island. It was funny, but Gonzo and Rizzo both had bigger parts. His role in Muppets From Space got bigger and better towards the end, but at the beginning he hardly did anything!

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Maybe we're seeing less of him because he's in the middle of switching pupeteers (or so I think). HOPEFULLY, when whoever takes him over settles in, we'll see more of him. What I really miss are Kermit and Fozzie as a team, now Fozzie really stays out of Kermit's way. :frown:

-SPEEGS

wockawocka

Reaction score
Yeah, me too! Miss Piggy sorta took that place. :frown: But it's weird because Frank Oz did/does Miss Piggy too, and she had a bigger part in Muppets From Space still. Oh well, I'm hopefully we'll see our fuzzy friend again soon!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigSPEEGS
Maybe we're seeing less of him because he's in the middle of switching pupeteers (or so I think). HOPEFULLY, when whoever takes him over settles in, we'll see more of him. What I really miss are Kermit and Fozzie as a team, now Fozzie really stays out of Kermit's way. :frown:

-SPEEGS
Well we'd also have to see how well Steve and Fozzie's new puppeteer work together. I mean, Jim and Frank DEFINATELY had a rapport as Kermit and Fozzie, as Kermit and Piggy and as Ernie and Bert. Same with Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt as Floyd and Janice, Robin and Sweetums or Two-Headed, or Dave Goelz and Steve as Gonzo and Rizzo now. If Steve and Fozzie's new performer have a good working relationship with each other that'd be great, but if they don't I think the chemistry between Kermit and Fozzie would be lacking compared to what it was with Jim and Frank.

-Kim