Fozzie Thread

WemblinKate

Reaction score
First of all, I totally agree. I am a big Fozzie fan and show it proudly. Let's just say I use some of his jokes sometimes and I've gotten used to the smell of tomatoes.
Alright, now with this whole Gonzo taking his place, I see it too. I don't like that there's less Fozzie, because he's such a classic role and so darn adorable. I mean, you gotta love em. I think the reason Gonzo and Rizzo have kinda taken over as the big pair duo type characters is because 1.) Steve and Dave work so well together (it is still Dave right? i mean there's not somebody new doing Gonzo, right?) 2.) The audience is highly responsive to the two. They love those two together because there such an odd pair, and that caused Gonzo to be the main character for the last movie I think. And I love Gonzo, I really do. But I would really love to see more of Fozzie, because he's jokes aren't funny but because he has this kind of spunk and he doesn't let things get to him and at times he can be pretty stupid but he's cute. I mean, he's just got this naivity about him that just forces you to love him.

Well, that's my 2 cents. Pretty repetative, but oh well.
-Wemblin' Kate

wockawocka

Reaction score
I agree with you also, WemblinKate. I know that Gonzo and Rizzo do make an excellent team, but so do Kermit and Fozzie. I guess they wanted to give Rizzo and Gonzo a chance because Kermit is always so main, but that doesn't mean Fozzie must leave! I think that Kermit and Miss Piggy was now like a pair, but I liked Kermit and Fozzie together better like in the TMM. After all, Kermit met Fozzie first and they ARE best friends, aren't they?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
1.) Steve and Dave work so well together (it is still Dave right? i mean there's not somebody new doing Gonzo, right?)
Yup, Dave is still performing Gonzo.

-Kim

wockawocka

Reaction score
You all know I miss Fozzie, but now I miss Frank too! :frown: I'll get used to the other guy, but I'm gonna miss Frank Oz!

banAndi

Reaction score
I agree, I miss Fozzie, but I like having Gonzo on a lot too. I kinda think it's a fair trade off, cuz Fozzie had much bigger parts in the Muppet Movie and the Greatr Muppet Caper. Gonzo is cool! And besides, I think maybe people think of him as being more "modern" that the others. I do miss Fozzie tho. I like seeing his ears waggle.

wockawocka

Reaction score
It was nice to have Gonzo as the main character of MFS, but, if you noticed, Fozzie has never been THE main character in any of the muppet movies! So sad!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by wockawocka
\ Fozzie has never been THE main character in any of the muppet movies!
Well.... Hard to say, but I think that he was a pretty main character in TMM and GMC... Dunno about MTM, Haven't seen it in a while.

I just say that his role in MCC was dreadfully small! Just like one scene for like 5 minutes at most.

Besides, the worst role that a Muppet has in a film goes to Sam the Eagle. He only appaers briefly in most of the movies (except for MTI, his biggest role and MCC) just to say a line or two!

banAndi

Reaction score
oh sure, now everybody's worked up about Fozzie, but just think about poor Bunsen and Beaker! They had much smaller parts!!! And Beaker is awesome!!! This isn't fair!!!

wockawocka

Reaction score
Yes, but see, we ARE just talking about Fozzie. Because a lot of people miss him and he is bascially supposed to be the second most main muppet. Yes, his MCC role was sad, I also think the MTI role was too.

Natalie

Reaction score
Fozzie's great and all, but nobody ever said he was supposed to be a main character, and where is this evidence you have that Kermit and Fozzie are "best friends"? Just taking note sista