Fozzie's First "Wocka"

BradFraggle

Reaction score
Does anyone know in what episode of The Muppet Show Fozzie said his first "Wocka, Wocka"?

Misskermie

Reaction score
It may have been the first episode...
Wait, second I mean.
Although I could be wrong.
On a safer note, I'd say the fourth or fifth.
:embarrassed:

BradFraggle

Reaction score
Well I know it's not in any of the first five episodes of The Muppet Show (as I just re-watched them). :embarrassed: So does anyone know when the first "wocka" was?

Hubert

Reaction score
Hm, very interesting question. I guess the only way we would know is to just scan through all the TMS episodes in order and see (which I should do that again one of these days).

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
What a good question. Funny, we've kept track of Piggy's first karate chop, but not Fozzie's first "wocka". And what about Kermit's first "Hi-ho!". And considering Beaker didn't really "Meep" when he first showed up, when did he first utter that phrase?

Hubert

Reaction score
For some reason, I always feel like Fozzie is pinholed into his "wocka wocka" and Kemrit into his "hi ho" when in reality, neither of them said them quite as much as anyone thinks they did. Sure, they said them occasionally, but I can't really remember much of a Kermit "hi-ho" in the TMS era, and even Fozzie's "wockas" seemed somewhat limited.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
For some reason, I always feel like Fozzie is pinholed into his "wocka wocka" and Kemrit into his "hi ho" when in reality, neither of them said them quite as much as anyone thinks they did. Sure, they said them occasionally, but I can't really remember much of a Kermit "hi-ho" in the TMS era, and even Fozzie's "wockas" seemed somewhat limited.
I kind of noticed that too. It's sort of like how a lot of people think the character Ernest T. Bass was a regular on The Andy Griffith Show, when in reality, he was only in about four episodes.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. It's like, especially for Kermit, everyone always puts him to that "hi-ho" phrase, when in all honesty, I can barely even remember him saying it more than once or twice. Fozzie said his line much more frequently, but still, it wasn't to the extent that everyone makes it. He didn't put it at the end of every single joke like we make it out to be.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. It's like, especially for Kermit, everyone always puts him to that "hi-ho" phrase, when in all honesty, I can barely even remember him saying it more than once or twice. Fozzie said his line much more frequently, but still, it wasn't to the extent that everyone makes it. He didn't put it at the end of every single joke like we make it out to be.
Is is just me, or has Fozzie said "Hiya, hiya!" more often then "Wocka, wocka"?

Hubert

Reaction score
Definitely, as far as I can tell. He opened so many of his acts with a "hiya hiya," and yet he may have only said "wocka wocka" once every few, yet for some reason the more peculiar one stuck.