1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fozzie's hat

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by dan, Apr 19, 2002.

1. dan

dan New Member

I've got a friend that wants to get a hat like Fozzie's but we haven't really been able to figure out what kind it is exactly. He asked me to post on the board and ask all you fellow muppet lovers if you knew what style of hat Fozzie has. Is it just a beaten up fedora? Or a derby? Is it not really a specific hat because it was made for a puppet? Any help would be appreciated!
  2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Dan,

I think it is called something like a Pork Pie hat ?

see ya
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Dan,

I think it is called something like a Pork Pie hat ?

see ya
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

You should just ask me. I know. I can tell you exactly what kind of hat it's supposed to be. As a matter of fact, in one episode of I Love Lucy, I saw Ricky Ricardo wear one. Mighty Mack Blues of the Blues Brothers 2000 wore one in concert and on SNL, and even Ed Norton had one on the Honeymooners.

Wait...what was I talking about again?

Oh, yeah...BlueFrackle is right: Pork Pie Hat.

I got one of those brown wool Indiana Jones hats from Walt Disney World and got it wet and kind of sorta resculpted it some. Only in the bill of it, really. It works just fine for me. On the other hand, he MIGHT be able to find a "clown hat" at a local costume shop.

Later! FOZ
  5. dan

dan New Member

Wow! Thanks you guys! Thats great! I'll tell my friend and then once he gets the hat, maybe he'll be funnier..........
    Dan
  6. Fozzie Bear

Well, according to SOME people, it didn't help me much...but, I do what I can with what I got. Thank GOD folks can't throw tomatoes at me from online. Whew!

FOZ
  7. DrGoshposh

DrGoshposh New Member

The hat

Didn't Fozzie say in the recent TV Guide interview that his hat is a "crushed fedora"? It seems like the interviewer asked him about his hat, calling it a Bowler (or derby), but he responded, saying that it was a fedora that had been crushed.

Scott
  8. Fozzie Bear

Re: The hat

Check YOU out! Indeed you're correct, sir!! TV Guide DID Quote Fozzie as saying that. Well, time for me to contact JHC for sure!

FOZ
  9. DrGoshposh

DrGoshposh New Member

Foz

I was pretty sure I was right when I posted that, but after I made my post, I feared I had dreamed the whole thing up. Thanks for ensuring that I hadn't created the whole thing myself.

Aah! the wonders of having a mind that can hardly do math, but can retrieve useless pop culture facts in a heartbeat.

Scott
  10. Fozzie Bear

Re: Foz

I wrote to Henson via email to find out what kind of hat it is exactly. I've always been told a porkpie hat, but then you reminded me of that. HMMM!!!

My fave character shouldn't be THAT hard to figure out!

FOZ
  11. Fozzie Bear

Re: Foz

UH OH! Here's a conflict, but I will take what the JHC says as being the correct answer...especially since it backs my previous knowledge LOL!

At 03:31 AM 4/21/2002 -0400, you wrote:

Hi, maybe someone in the archival part of the JHC can answer this, if not the bear himself.

It's been many years that Fozzie's hat has been considered a Porkpie Hat; but according to TV Guide Insider he describes it as a crushed Fedora.

Which is it?

Bearly here,
    Foz de Kev

Subj: Re: Fozzie's Hat
    Date: 4/22/2002 4:59:05 AM Central Daylight Time
    To: Fozziemup@aol.com
    Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear Kevin,

It's a porkpie except around Miss Piggy.

Wocka, wocka!

and regards . . . The Jim Henson Company

THE MUPPETS TAKE MOTORSPORTS!
    The Muppets will make their NASCAR racing debut on Saturday, July 14, 2002 at Chicago’s Chicagoland Speedway. For more information, visit www.henson.com or www.actionperformance.com/muppets

For the most Sensational, Inspirational, Celebrational, Dot.com-ational...
    ...This is what we call...collectible Muppet Moments!
    http://www.henson.com/anniversary25
    If you would like to receive ongoing information on MUPPETS, please email us at
    muppet-fans@henson.com
    © 2002 The Jim Henson Company. THE MUPPET SHOW mark & logo, Kermit Head Logo, MUPPET, MUPPETS, characters and elements are trademarks of The Jim Henson Company. All Rights Reserved. Please read our Terms of Service at www.henson.com