Frackle and Fraggles

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
I have a theory. Frackles first appeared in the sixties and Fraggles in the early eighties/late seventies.
By this time, Frackles evolved into more gentle creatures, thanks to Santa, and they sang and played. But, they kept changeing into the Loveable Fraggles! For all we know, Boppity the Blue Frackle can be Mokey the Fraggle! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the Frackles were still used after Fraggle Rock began. They could be seen in The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years (and Traveling Matt is also there, so that's one fraggle and some frackles at the same location), The Jim Henson Hour, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Mopatops Shop. Then again, aside from Mo the Frackle on Family Feud, as the term "Frackle" ever been used in any productions besides The Great Santa Clause Switch? I'm not talking about behind-the-scenes stuff.

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Well, the Frackles were still used after Fraggle Rock began. They could be seen in The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years (and Traveling Matt is also there, so that's one fraggle and some frackles at the same location), The Jim Henson Hour, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Mopatops Shop. Then again, aside from Mo the Frackle on Family Feud, as the term "Frackle" ever been used in any productions besides The Great Santa Clause Switch? I'm not talking about behind-the-scenes stuff.
I beleive it's used a few times in jibberish characters... :confused:

Emeowrald

Reaction score
Who knows in the Muppet world Frackles and Fraggles might be distant cousins on the same family tree.
I believe that it is stated in the book "Jim Henson The Works" that when the Fraggles were originally being planned they consindered calling them "Frackles" at first.