Fraggle CD collection arrives October 30

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wish Disney had the initiative to do something. i understand they having to give Muppet Musique the death penalty, but they could at least try and release these on CD or something. This is getting rediculous.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Hey, coincidentally, "Magic" is the new album from Bruce Springsteen, as well as the title track on the album.

BJ

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock Gets Ready To Roll
A 3-CD collection comes just in time for Halloween

by IGN Music
September 14, 2007

Who doesn't remember Fraggle Rock?

Jim Henson's bugged out subterranean vision carried on with same whimsical tradition he'd put forth on such sublimely seminal projects as Sesame Street, The Muppet Show (and subsequent movies), Dark Crystal, and Labyrinth.

As with both The Muppet Show and movies, as well as Labyrinth, Fraggle Rock was instilled with an amusing musical attitude. In fact the show was so focused on music that during its run there were no less than three accompanying albums released, each one chock full of tunes featured in the show.

Long out-of-print, the music of Fraggle Rock will get a new lease on life come October 30th, 2007. That's when Koch Records will release Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock: Fraggle Rockin' -A Collection, a whopping 3-CD collector's edition that brings together all three of the original albums - newly remastered versions, no less - into a singular digi-pack set packed to bursting with rarely seen photos and contributions from the original composers.

As with the bulk of Henson's material an emphasis on harmony, both among species and within nature, was a core thematic element of the Fraggle Rock series. To this end music was used to not only enliven the show, but to help slip these messages of love and peace out into the world in a sly, playful manner.

The three Fraggle Rock albums - Fraggle Rock, Fraggle Rock: Perfect Harmony, Fraggle Rock: Music and Magic - features songs performed by the Fraggles, Doozers and Gorgs. The music from the show was composed by Dennis Lee and Philip Balsam with musical direction courtesy of Don Gillis.

http://music.ign.com/articles/820/820233p1.html

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I am SO excited for this set! With less than a week away-- gah! I can't stand the anticipation! :excited:

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Well if they bring the box out in the land down under I may get it as I do not have any of the original LPs.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Well its Oct 30th, but there are no comments or reviews on the net about this CD set?

I ordered from Amazon.co.uk, as I live in the UK, but had an email saying that the publisher has postponed its release date by 2 weeks? Has anyone in USA seen or bought the set today?

Chris

Stulz

Reaction score
CD Set - a no show

A 2 week might explain why I tried 3 different stores with no luck.. the Best Buy I went to even tried to find it at one of there other locations and guess what... no a single copy in any ...ANY of it's stores in PA, NJ, or NY.

Anyone recieved this same message from Amazon US ?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The only e-mail I got from Amazon US was telling me that my CD set shipped today... :smirk:

I'm super excited to get my hands on it though! :excited:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Amazon, and it shipped today. It estimates an 11/2 delivery date.

Since Amazon usually delivers on or before release date for a pre-ordered item, I think there might be a slight delay overall (I also checked Target and Circuit City and neither had it).