Fraggle DVD coming this summer in the US

Let HIT know how much would you would pay for a 24-episode Fraggle season box set.

• I'd pay up to $39 per box set

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • I'd pay up to $59 per box set

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • I'd pay $79 or higher for a box set

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • I wouldn't buy a box set at any price

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Damage

Reaction score
Ah, didn't know what a "Soft pack" was...

Well, if it's technically a sampler... Shouldn't it be two of the better episodes anyway? Or would it be the a couple of the first ones in order to get those who are unfamiliar with the show used to it?

I dunno, I've just been hoping they release the whole thing...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Brian Damage said:
Or would it be the a couple of the first ones in order to get those who are unfamiliar with the show used to it?...
I would think this option, to get folks to refamiliarize themselves with Fraggles.
------------------

Hey, everyone!

Instead of complaining about there only being two episodes on the DVD, or which ones were chosen, why not start thinking postively about this:

TEST RUN! FRAGGLE DVD!! If it sells well, we may get what we want!

Discuss what you'd like to see, stop worrying about what we're getting 'for now...' who knows what the future holds?

The SHADOW knows...oops, sorry. Wrong franchise...

Brian Damage

Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose. And even then, if they show no inclination to give people the series in chronological order, there's always the option of a massive email bombardment...

I'd mainly like to see the episodes that were on the TV when I was too young to remember them at all, followed by the episodes I can just barely remember.

But that kind of goes without saying, I suppose... I'd quite like to see the last one again...

Oh, if you mean what we'd like to see in the sets... I'd like to see that 45 minute special that the UK DVD, I believe, had...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What "I" want to see is a season-by-season Chronological dvd release that includes specials such as "Down at Fraggle Rock," and even interviews (et al) with the performers today. They can even put phone interviews on the DVD with photographs/stills of the production and characters on the screen. That'd work!

Brian Damage

Reaction score
Yeah, I realised what you meant. I wouldn't mind seeing that "Fraggles Look For Jobs", or whatever it was called... I don't think that was ever on Aussie TV... Perhaps in the last set...

David Slater

Reaction score
well, if it comes down to it i still have most of Fraggle Rock on tapes.
if they cant bother puting them on season dvd sets then ill just have to live with my tapes.

tvoice

Reaction score
Yeah...it's not just the fact that this new DVD is only going to give two measly episodes for $15 but if we had to buy every episode the same way i'd have to have a set of shelves JUST for Fraggle Rock.
I always thought five episodes was good for animated shows. Four acceptable. Three and I would think twice. Two...well I didn't even consider that someone would try that. It should really be in the $6-$10 range for that.

Oliver

Reaction score
Not to mention that if HIT! were to continue with this proposed release context, it would cost us $720 to own the entire series!

$75 US for 10 episodes... sure.

This company's due for a huge reality check.

Status
Not open for further replies.