1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle figures! (we need 'em)

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by BEAR, Sep 16, 2005.

1. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I think we need them!
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I don't know where it's at, but Palisades posted their Gobo Fraggle prototype figure online some time back.
  3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

4. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

5. theprawncracker

Yeah, the figure needed alot of work.

Palisades didn't make the figure because Disney purchsed the Muppets before JHC could agree to have Gobo put in a special 2-pack with a Muppet fig.
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Was Fraggle Rock included in the deal when Disney bought the Muppets? Who owns Fraggle Rock?
  7. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Well, The Jim Henson Company still owns Fraggle Rock, but HIT! Entertainment currently owns it for DVD's.
  8. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Fraggle figures would be neat, I dunno how long the line would last though since the cast of characters isn't as large as say Sesame Street or The Muppet Show. And you couldn't really do any variations since the Fraggles never change their clothes. Still, I would love to see it.
  9. Actually the fraggles donned several different costumes throughout the series; yeah, just for 1 scene or episode lotsa times, but still...but then we do have "fraggle jammies" variations, too. They just wouldn't be as well-known as TMS ones (except to hard-core fans who've seen a good hunk o' the series).

If they did make 'em though, I'd love me a "Trash Heap Mokey" from the episode "New Trash Heap In Town"! :D
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

He's cool, but he looks more like Nigel then :smirk:
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Bryan dude! You want Fraggle figures... So do we all. But saying there's not a wealth of characters? Well, maybe not to the extent of the super heavyweights like SS and TMS with their international versions and specials and alike...
    But if you want, I can import/post the fictional lineup I created here. Or send it to you personally. Or tell you the thread to go to so you can check out.
    LMK, we'll talk later.
  12. Moran9969

Moran9969 New Member

Dern right I wanna see Fraggle figs...

Even if they were a small run, with two waves, it would be more than perfect.

Wave 1:

Gobo
    Mokey
    Boober

Wave 2:

Red
    Wembley
    Uncle Traveling Matt

Exclusive:

Sprocket
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Trust me, if Sesame Street was possible, there's always a possibility of FR figures in 2007.
  14. theprawncracker

I know Ed(The Count) posted his dream list here somewhere, but I can't find it, so I thought I'd give you people a taste of my Fraggle dream line...

Series 1:
    Gobo Fraggle w/ two Doozers, a stack of postcards, a map, a removable backpack, and a Doozer construction

Red Fraggle w/ Cotterpin Doozer, Cotterpin's trike, a flute, a towel, and a Doozer construction

Large Marvin Fraggle w/ Fenie Fraggle and crackers

The World's Oldest Fraggle w/ throne, and Fraggle horn

Exclusive:
    Marjorie the Trash Heap w/ Philo and Gunge

Series 2:
    Boober Fraggle w/ two Doozers, laundry basket, socks, lucky walking stick, and Doozer construction

Wembley Fraggle w/ two Doozers, yo-yo, basket of radishes, and Doozer construction

Convincing John w/ two singing Fraggles

Cantus Fraggle w/ magic pipe, and bug minstrel(I don't know his name, but it's the one that looks like a giant cockroach...)

Exclusive:
    Sprocket w/ bed, Fluffenella, and food bowl

Series 3:
    Mokey Fraggle w/ two Doozers, paint brush, easel, radishes, and Doozer construction

Uncle Traveling Matt Fraggle w/ removable backpack, garden gnome, removable hat, notepad, pen, and postcard

Brio and Brool Minstrels w/ instruments, and a whatnot Fraggle

Green Minstrel(I don't know his name) w/ instrument, and two whatnot Fraggles

Exclusives:
    JUMBO Jr. Gorg (this would have to be like 5 times the size of the other figures...)

Other ideas:
    Detective Red

Trash Heap Mokey

Purple Jacket Gobo (season 1)

Boober without hat

Wembley with rolled eyes
  15. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Good list, Ryan! I think I would have thrown in Gobo's guitar and Boober's blues harp (harmonica).
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You want I shoulds post it again here?
  17. theprawncracker

Yes please Ed! :)
  18. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Amen! :smirk: :excited:

No exclusives though unless they're obtainable. I hate exclusives.

Nick
  19. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

I am sure I remember when the photo of this figure was first shown on Palisades site that were planning on just putting one Gobo in each case, they were not going to tell anyone so it would be a surprise when you went to buy that Series. Cant remember what series they were going to do it with though.

Fraggle Line would be great. Make Fraggle Figures!!!!

Chris
  20. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yup! That was uplifting yet disheartening at the same time. I printed up those pics for my fraggle scrapbook. :smirk:

Nick