1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Fur Discovery!

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by PukkaPukka, Dec 19, 2003.

1. PukkaPukka

PukkaPukka Member

Hello and Happy Holidays everybody!

I just wanted to let you all know that, as I was browsing for a Christmas present or two over at Wal-Mart today, I had this repetetive thought of how I could possibly get my hands on some Fraggle-ish fur fabric. Well, now I can say that I have an idea on something that will definitely get the job done, and looks really close to the real thing - and it won't break the bank! I was shopping around in bathroom accessories, and I came upon bath mats (all-fabric - not the rubberised-bottom ones) where I pretty much had an epiphany: the shag mats (with the sort of "puffy" pile of material) look pretty darn close to Fraggle fur-fabric, and the way that they're done (correct me if I'm wrong), it seems as if you can cut them without loosening all the fabric (a la store-bought fur-fabric). I was kinda shocked, because they had them in at least 10 or 15 different solid colours, and even in the odd yellowish colour that is Red's body (sort of a goldenrod colour, I'm guessing) and Boober's off-green colour. They run about $2.50 each, and they are fairly large (enough to at least cut 1/2 of the body out - buy two and overlap them). I would suggest this if you are looking to get that all-over Fraggly look. I can only kick myself for not finding them sooner....oh well. A happy Fraggle is a correct one, eh? Well for now, I'm very happy!

>Adam

P.S. Yeah, I'm obsessed! This program specifically touched me off on how to make a show that angles itself toward kids (a la Sesame), but makes itself on a higher child-intellect level (thus, Fraggle). Both were key in my upbringing, and I think I could veritably do this for a living! Although, I'm sure many of you would concur before me...in CAPITAL LETTERS....ha ha!