1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Fraggle Head Pattern

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Silent Rowlf, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Silent Rowlf

Silent Rowlf New Member

Hello all!! I've recently started making puppets and have decided to do a web show with them. I've used a lot of patterns from Project Puppet and they've worked out fine, but two of characters need heads similar to the Fraggles. I can't seem to find any patterns for Fraggle like heads, so if anyone knows where I can find one or a good equivalent (maybe even one on Project Puppet I might've missed), I ask kindly that you let me know. Thanks.

2. JammieJam

JammieJam New Member

3. Silent Rowlf

Silent Rowlf New Member

Hmmm, I had tried that before but it didn't help me much, but if it's the best I got to work with I guess I'll see what I can do. Only reason I'm against experimenting is because I'm a novice and have limited funds, so if I screw up too much I'm out of material. Thanks for answering though, I honestly appreciate any help I can get.

4. JammieJam

JammieJam New Member

I completely understand--I'm a newbie too. I was really afraid to waste foam at first, because you're right, it adds up. Once you start really playing with it though I think you'll be surprised at how forgiving the foam can be. My advice would be to buy some cheap foam (I get $10 sheets of 1/2" upholstery foam, and it's a good amount) and play with 1/2 or 1/4 scale mock ups. Once you find a pattern that works for you, you can trace it out on a piece of paper and blow it up on your computer printer. I hope it works out for you!