Fraggle Movie Integrating Popular Music Acts

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Weird Al would definitely be a quirky but interesting choice. He keeps his songs clean more or less and is adept at adapting numerous genres. LOL ... *imagines the opening theme redone like The Saga Begins*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Because Kelly inspired me... :sing:

Long long time ago.
In a studio far away.
Jim Henson had himself a plan.

And now I heard Henson's kin.
Trying to convince a new generation in.
To buying as many movie tickets as they can.

This new film, a rollicking rompus.
Where garden Gorgs, they try to thump us.
Escape into Outer Space.
Or is it some other place.

We popped back into the Rock.
With our burgled bumper radish crop.
We hope so much this movie doesn't flop.
That's where we found our home.

*Chorus:
So dance, dance your cares away.
Save your hurries and your worries for another day.
Let the Doozers work while the Fraggles play.
Rockin' down at Fraggle Rock.
Rockin' down at Fraggle Rock.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*dies laughing*
You can't imagine how awesome that would be. Even if they didn't use it in the movie, it should still be a Weird Al song. It's perfect.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought they said it wouldn't have popular music.

Anyway, if they do indeed get Weird Al in here on some level, it's gonna be all sorts of awesome, and I don't even LIKE the word awesome. And I of course, mean the original definition of amazingly powerful.

If there's one person I'm very disappointed that hasn't worked with the Muppets, it's Weird Al. He really could be the PERFECT guest star for a new muppet show, and I really wish somehow they could get HIM on Sesame Street (he was in Square One, another CTW show). Other than that, his only collaboration was in a Muppet Magazine interview.

Lady Gaga could be cool too, but I really don't see how any of her stuff could actually fit. She definitely dresses sillier than any silly creature, though. Could be a fun little aside.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm confused, are these artists going to write songs for the film or contributing their own work to the soundtrack?

Either way, I wouldn't mind Lady Gaga or Weird Al being involved with the film. We all know Lady Gaga loves the Muppets a lot and must know the Fraggles well enough to want to do this in a heartbeat... and Weird Al would just be great alone. :smirk::excited::coy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fraggle Rock needs a killer soundtrack, but we do want to hear Fraggle singing Fraggle songs in the movie. I'm sure the balance will be right. Cory Edwards appears to have the right take on it.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Just to clarify, but I don't think the article explicitly stated either Lady Gaga or Weird Al would be featured in the movie. I think it was just stating that as the range of possibilities for the music for the Fraggle Rock movie. Kinda like they could get anybody from Relient K to Slayer for the movie- but they probably won't.
I guess Lady Gaga and Weird Al seem to be top choices by the reporter. Weird Al would definitely be cool, though I don't care that much about Lady Gaga. Honestly, as long as the Fraggle Rock theme song is in there somewhere and at least some of the classic Fraggle Rock songs (whether performed by the Fraggles or otherwise), that's about all I care about for that. I'm more concerned that the movie is good storywise and productionwise. But yeah- looking forward to some Fraggle Rock movie action going on soon!:excited::smirk::coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, I just think Weird Al NEEDS to be involved with the Muppets (any faction... Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Henson) in some form or another. It's like Peanut Butter and Chocolate long before anyone felt they'd go together.

beaker

Reaction score
Honestly, I just think Weird Al NEEDS to be involved with the Muppets (any faction... Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Henson) in some form or another. It's like Peanut Butter and Chocolate long before anyone felt they'd go together.
Just as much as weird al: Robin Williams:smile:

Robin Williams was a reoccuring character on Sesame during the 80's and 90's, was *spose* to be(but never was) a guest on The Muppet Show, and was on the cover of two Muppet Magazine issues.

...but never officially worked with the main Muppet crew. I know this is a Fraggle thread, but how awesome would a Robin Williams cameo in an FR film be?