Fraggle Movie Writers

Foodie

Reaction score
The Fraggle movie thread has gotten too huge for me to sift through. I hope it's okay to ask this question under a new thread.

Anyhoo, does anyone know who's writing the Fraggle Rock movie? :smirk:

Nick

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I'm not sure who's writing the screenplay for the movie, but I personally think that they should get Kirk Thatcher to step in as writer; he did a great job writing Muppet Treasure Island (he also did great in directing those two made-for-TV films).:smile:

Foodie

Reaction score
I'm just concerned they're gonna chock it full of celebrity guest stars. I hope they stick with as many of the original writers as possible.

I wonder why there's no news at all about this though. :smirk:

Nick

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
I'm not sure who's writing the screenplay for the movie, but I personally think that they should get Kirk Thatcher to step in as writer; he did a great job writing Muppet Treasure Island (he also did great in directing those two made-for-TV films).:smile:
Didn't Jerry Juhl write the original draft of MTI tho?

That said, I would like it if one of the original FR writers wrote the script, esp. series co-creator Jocelyn Stevenson. Who better to write it than the woman who wrote the most episodes of the series save for maybe Jerry Juhl?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Foodie

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:

That said, I would like it if one of the original FR writers wrote the script, esp. series co-creator Jocelyn Stevenson. Who better to write it than the woman who wrote the most episodes of the series save for maybe Jerry Juhl?

Mrs. Juhl and Laura Phillips and David Young and any of the other fraggle writers left too. .... & me. :smirk:

Nick

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
He did. And I think Kirk Thatcher served as co-writer with him or something like that.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Foodie said:
Mrs. Juhl and Laura Phillips and David Young and any of the other fraggle writers left too. .... & me. :smirk:

Nick
Was that a response to the rhetorical "who better than Jocelyn Stevenson" question? Not a fan or somethin'? Granted, I have certain episodes by certain writers that I tend to prefer but that's nothing against Mrs. Stevenson.

Who all of the original FR writers have passed on? I know of Jerry Juhl, Carol Bolt, and B.P. Nichol (my three favorites:cry: ). I hope Bob Sandler is still living- he was also one of my favorites.