1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

FRAGGLE PUNK ROCK?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by SillyRed, Dec 31, 2002.

1. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

Allister, the punk band's CD "Dead Ends and Girlfriends", features a punk version of "Fraggle Rock theme". Phillip Chapman, you will not believe this. (The CD also features a punk Backstreet Boys', "I Want It That Way")LOL, The title is "Fraggle Rawk".

2. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Fraggle Rock and Backstreet Boys with a punk rock attitude. Boy, the world has changed. :)

3. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

I'm not a fan of punk, almost at all. But this is one original song that goes covered in the punk genre actually pretty well.

4. the_great_gonzo

the_great_gonzo New Member

i have that cd! i love that song! allister do a great cover of it right down to the "Down in Fraggle Rock" at the end. I also got lucky and saw them perform it live at the warped tour this past summer. :)

5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of punk usually either, but I am very very happy the Muppets have found fans among the punk/ska world...be it the Bosstones with the Count(love that song) on Elmopalooza...the Gimme Gimme's with the Rainbow Connection, etc.

And of course emo indie hipsters Weezer...the video/special/merchandise thing with the Muppets was a really big boost in 2002.

6. zebadee

zebadee New Member

Fraggle Rawk is an amazing version of the theme tune!

Usually once a month at my mate's club, he will play the song for me :D Get's the dance floor filled ;)

Still to hear the rest of the album though.

7. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

it rocks my socks off!!!