Fraggle Puppets

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Got it. But basically what I'm saying is there is no rigidity to the mouth. Good to know construction wise though RavageFrackle.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
BorkBork said:
Well, cant you post a pic of them? I just love to see that fan-work :smile:

/Anders
Please do Sir Didymus. I am going to try my hand at a unique Fraggle (my next project) with Boober's head, Red's body, and Wembley's legs (all blue of course, as Boober is my fave).

My other project idea is a Muppet a la Grover OR Cookie Monster, with Rick Lyon's vacuuform eyeballs and in the style of the Avenue Q puppets. Does anybodee know about a place I can find a vacuuform eyeball tutorial on the Interweb? Also, I like the style of the Avenue Q puppets and was wondering if they were coming out with a Behind The Scenes book like the musical WICKED is on Oct. 21. Hope I get a response soon!

BJ

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
What are mouth plates and how do you make them?
J'ever see those tribal women with their lips stretched waaaaaaaaay out? Those are mouth plates. :crazy:

:stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You could always buy the Sababa plush and unseam them, and then make a larger pattern. :excited:

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
So the mouth plates just help keep the mouth's shape.

Those are the scariest Fraggles I have ever seen!

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
<<Those are the scariest Fraggles I have ever seen!>>

No kidding! When I was young, I had lots of grand schemes. I was always planning plays and puppet shows based on my favorite characters, and they almost always required complex recreations of these characters. I was learning to draw, and figured if I could draw a good Mickey Mouse, so why couldn't I make a great Kermit or Fozzie Puppet? Well my one roadblock was that I really couldn't sew. But my Grandma could. She quickly became the first person I consulted with on any project. If I needed a costume or a puppet she was enlisted to figure out the practicalities- I was an idea man. There was only one little problem. Her standards weren't quite as high as mine. So when we set out to make something, frequently what she thought was good enough, wasn't good enough for me. When we tried to make Fozzie, any brown fur fabric was fine for her, even if it was a light brown hairy fur and not nappy mustard like Fozzie. I always appreciated her help- I mean she was doing all the work and for nothing- they just weren't what was in my head. Anyway those Fraggles look like something that she would have been totally happy with, while I would have been trying to get her to change the pattern to make it work.

video567

Reaction score
have anyone found any fraggle patterns? something we could use? thank you

puppetise

Reaction score
i have but ill have to re draw them they will be up soon