Fraggle Rock Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, need some help and thought this would be the best place to ask.
So, here are my questions about some of the FR characters.
1 Who is "Aretha"? If you could, please describe who/what she is and what she looks likeand say in what episode she appeared.
2 What instruments did each member of the Minstrels play? Please match up the name of the character with the name of the instrument they played.
3 The Merggles, these are merfolk versions of Fraggles seen in one specific episode.
a. What color were the shirts of each? Please match up the name of the character with the color of their wardrobe, if they had any to speak of.
b. Please speak a little about the differentiating personalities of all five Merggles.
Hope to hear from you guys soon, since this will help in planning something of the stuff that dreams are made of.
Have a good weekend and a good night.

Foodie

Reaction score
1 Who is "Aretha"? If you could, please describe who/what she is and what she looks likeand say in what episode she appeared.

She was this furry creature that helped Gobo sing " Only Way Home " just before he discovered the tunel that leads into the Gorg's castle. The episode was " Sir Hubris and the Gorgs " I believe.

2 What instruments did each member of the Minstrels play? Please match up the name of the character with the name of the instrument they played.

I'm trying to do this from memory.

Cantus= magic pipe
Brool= some sort of banjo deal
Brio= little castanet type things
Murray= guitarish thing
Balsam= bongos

3 The Merggles, these are merfolk versions of Fraggles seen in one specific episode.

The episode is " Beyond the Pond "

a. What color were the shirts of each? Please match up the name of the character with the color of their wardrobe, if they had any to speak of.

Darnit, I can only think of Mervin who Jerry Nelson gave a very raspy voice to. He wore a brown jacket sort of thing.

b. Please speak a little about the differentiating personalities of all five Merggles.

Mervin Merggle liked to sell hats. Then there was an older, leader-type merggle, a bubbly female merggle who always looked on the bright side, a gloomy male merggle who was always negative and I think there was another female too. Some one else will hafta fill in the blanks though.

Hope to hear from you guys soon, since this will help in planning something of the stuff that dreams are made of.

Ooh! :smirk:

Nick

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Foody. Just trying to plan out an impromptu 10-series lineup. Not anything official mind you, just some fan wishes.

BTW: The Merggles' names are Mervin, Merple, Merkie, Merboo, and Mermer if that helps you sort them out.
Hope to hear from others on the Merggles, and have a great time.

Foodie

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks Foody. Just trying to plan out an impromptu 10-series lineup. Not anything official mind you, just some fan wishes.

BTW: The Merggles' names are Mervin, Merple, Merkie, Merboo, and Mermer if that helps you sort them out.
Hope to hear from others on the Merggles, and have a great time.
Awesome. I like how in the other lists you made that you didn't throw all the main characters out at once, but spread them out a little.

Several years ago, I had it in mind to sculpt an all-inclusive series of little fraggle figurines. Heh heh. Never got around to doing it. For some reason the idea for Red dressed up like Mokey comes to mind first when I recall this.
:smirk:

Fraggle ... err.. I mean Nick. ( Outside of this board, I'm known as " Fraggle ". I'm not used to signing my real name. Hee hee )

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't worry bout it pal. The only thing I posted in the FR Action Figures thread was a prelim S1 lineup, but I fear it'll have to change in order to give each series an anchor character.
Well, I'll post when it's ready, have a good night.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Got some more questions I hope someone can answer.
1 Who's the character named "Yvette"? Please describe what she looked like and/or who or what she was. Also, in what episode does this character appear?
2 Please describe what Sir Blunderbrain looks like, and in what episode he appeared.
3 Who's the character named "Felix the Fearless"? Please describe what he looks like and in what episode he appeared.
Hope to hear from you guys and gals soon, and have a good night.

Mokey Fraggle

Reaction score
I don't know who Yvette is, but I think that Sir Blunderbrain looks somewhat like Wembley. He is in "The Terrible Tunnel" and was the fraggle who entered this tunnel and was never heard from again. Felix the Fearless is in "Marooned". He is head of the rescue squad and "comes to the rescue" when Red and Boober are trapped in the Spiral Caverns. He wears armor, is kinda tall, and he looks like a tough fraggle until he speaks. His voice kinda resembles Mickey Mouse. Of course, he is no help to anyone at all and Gobo ends up being the leader, naturally.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I some questons myself!

1. Do you think merggles can see eye to eye with mermaidsor merman?
You know Merfolk like humans but with fings.
2. How come Gobo, Boober, Red, Mokey didn't beleeive Wembley when he told them he got his wish to fly?
I always wish I can fly!
3.Why Traveling Matt's Uncle Gobo wasn't so nice to Young Matt?
I mean every time I see Uncle Gobo and his nephew in the same scean: I always see Uncle Gobo strangeling Young Matt.
Which I think that's not very nice.
Those are all the questons I can ask!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
The Mergless include Murky who's a pessimist, Mergoo who's an oracle, and Mervin who loves to sell hats. There's a leader Merglee, and a very optimistic one, but I don't remember their names.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I some questons myself!

1. Do you think merggles can see eye to eye with mermaidsor merman?
You know Merfolk like humans but with fings.
2. How come Gobo, Boober, Red, Mokey didn't beleeive Wembley when he told them he got his wish to fly?
I always wish I can fly!
3.Why Traveling Matt's Uncle Gobo wasn't so nice to Young Matt?
I mean every time I see Uncle Gobo and his nephew in the same scean: I always see Uncle Gobo strangeling Young Matt.
Which I think that's not very nice.
Those are all the questons I can ask!
1. Dunno what you mean.
2. Legal reasons. This was a "kid's" show. If the flight thing was believe, people fear that kids will jump out of windows.
3. I used to just assume Matt had something like dementia or something. The flashbacks show he's ALWAYS been that way. A lot of folks can't stand those who are, shall we say, "quirky." Uncle Gobo was set in his ways. He couldn't stand that Matt was outright irrational. He wanted Matt to be "normal". In some ways, he's a lot like Pa Gorg, who also resented that Junior was ... "quirky."