Fraggle Rock coming to Blu-ray September 25, 2018

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Are the bonus features subtitled and is Steve Whitmire left intact? If so, I will definitely get this.

TwoHeadedLlama

Reaction score
Just got this today. Steve Whitmire is definitely left intact, along with the "With Jim Henson's Muppets" sign. I haven't checked out the bonus features yet.

Overall I'm very pleased with this release. Nice and compact, and the episode guide is pretty handy. The picture quality is obviously upscaled but the good thing is it doesn't look like it was doctored up with filters or other weird tools to make it look more 'HD'. It just looks like the SD footage scaled up to accommodate a 1080p screen which I like. It also has all the bonus features from the previous release, plus some new ones. If you're into blu ray releases I'd recommend it, but otherwise the previous dvd set works fine.

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
Are the bonus features subtitled and is Steve Whitmire left intact? If so, I will definitely get this.
I received it 2 days ago, special features ARE subtitled. Picture quality is great and worth the upgrade. Sounds better too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I got this a few weeks ago.

The picture quality looks great.

Somehow I missed that Fraggle Songs and Doozer Music were included as special features. While both had been available digitally, neither had been on a season set or complete series set before (Doozer Music hadn't even been a bonus feature on any of the single disc compilations).

I remember renting Doozer Music a few weeks before I started seeing reruns of the show, and seeing it after getting this was my first time viewing since (I jokingly thought about just not watching the show again afterwards, thinking of it as bookening my FR experience). Even though I only rented it once it did bring back some memories (I forgot that the end credits was a reprise of Doozer Work Song). And I don't remember there being a couple of clips that are not really song/music clips.

I liked watching the feature on the evolution of the theme song, seeing the original taped opening. At first when they were showing demo recordings, I didn't realize they were being played over clips from the show (I was a little preoccupied while watching), I thought those were versions of the opening. It is a shame that,when showing the first taped opening, they had to talk over the part where the Gorgs appear.

I enjoyed watching many episodes that I don't remember seeing (or don't remember seeing often), like "Scared Silly" and "Fraggle Wars". While I knew the plot and thought it was weird before, I must say that in "Scared Silly", it is odd that Boober would scare others (even if it's to test the bloobius), since he is always afraid (and it's weird how smug he is over Wembley being unable to scare him), and I find it weird that Wembley would want revenge for it. I'd expect revenge over being scared to be attempted by Gobo or Red before Wembley. Watching "Wembley's Egg", I must say that the egg is a lot bigger than I expected - I expected it to be a normal-sized, scaled-to-fraggles egg.