1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Fraggle Rock coming to Blu-ray September 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by lauraisrad, Jul 25, 2018.

1. lauraisrad

lauraisrad Active Member

2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Are the bonus features subtitled and is Steve Whitmire left intact? If so, I will definitely get this.

3. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Well-Known Member

Just got this today. Steve Whitmire is definitely left intact, along with the "With Jim Henson's Muppets" sign. I haven't checked out the bonus features yet.

Overall I'm very pleased with this release. Nice and compact, and the episode guide is pretty handy. The picture quality is obviously upscaled but the good thing is it doesn't look like it was doctored up with filters or other weird tools to make it look more 'HD'. It just looks like the SD footage scaled up to accommodate a 1080p screen which I like. It also has all the bonus features from the previous release, plus some new ones. If you're into blu ray releases I'd recommend it, but otherwise the previous dvd set works fine.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  4. lauraisrad

lauraisrad Active Member

I received it 2 days ago, special features ARE subtitled. Picture quality is great and worth the upgrade. Sounds better too.