1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock DVD Petition

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by BlueFrackle, Apr 22, 2002.

1. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

BlueFrackle, I have to congratulate you. Somehow you did it.

694. John Lennon.

Either you somehow managed to get the famous John Lennon to sign, or there's some other less famous John Lennon out there.

Do you think you can get Ringo to sign as well?

:D
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

yeah BlueFrackle - if you are gonna start faking the signatures i think it'd be best to pick people that are still alive - what next ? Walt Disney and John F Kennedy ?
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Luke,

Haha ... (Sarcastically)

did i spell that right ?

- LOL

Guys keep up the good work, I mean the 'good' work, And if you are gonna fake signatures, MAKE SURE THE PEOPLE ARE STILL ALIVE !

See ya
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hey BlueFrackle

Yes, you spelled it right ........ that proves that you aren't the one faking the signatures ! If there's one thing i've learn't through all these petitions is that the majority of Muppet fans can't spell !
  5. BlueFrackle

Luke,

Yeah i noticed too...

Sometimes bad spellin leads to other stuff like this one ...

Bring Bake The Fraggles

Then we got...

MMMmm...Baked Fraggles!

"They're Weirdos, But they're nice weirdos !"

See ya
  6. Jessie

Jessie New Member

BlueFrackle

LOL! Baked Fraggles!
    My problem usually isn't the spelling...it's the typing.
  7. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Is it that unthinkable that someone with the last name "Lennon" wouldn't be able to withstand the temptation of naming their child John?:D

...and Fraggles are best baked with halls in the candle of the brain.
  8. Jrobert

Jrobert New Member

More signatures

Can we post this in the General Annoucements of the Forum or get it out elsewhere to gather more signatures? Seems like we've got a good ball rolling, let's go for more!!
  9. BlueFrackle

JRoberts,

Hi,
    It was but Someone took it away...

See ya
  10. Jessie

Jessie New Member

BlueFrackle-

Someone took it away? How come?
  11. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The exact same message was posted in multiple places throughout the various forums. One of them was left up and the other one was removed. That's what happened.
  12. AbbessBryony

AbbessBryony New Member

13. BlueFrackle

Guys,

Hey,
    I forgot to mention that on Saturday we reached 800 !

I added a story written by our very own Joggy to the 'Fraggle Fun' page !

See ya
  14. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet New Member

After the debacle with the Pan-and-scan Muppet Treasure Island and Christmas Carol is dealt with, it will be time to start targeting a campaign to Henson about this with even more "umph". Great to see so much interest out there in Fraggles Rock!

Hey...are any of you still waiting to get the Dark Crystal Soundtrack on CD??
  15. BlueFrackle

16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Actually, I do know a woman named Vicki Lawrence, but she's not THE Vicki Lawrence!
  17. KPrell

KPrell New Member

Hi Folks,

I saw that some addresses for Henson execs were posted for people to contact. I'm worried about these people being bombarded with requests for Fraggle DVDs.

Hensons are not a huge corporation like Disney. They are a small company and at the moment everyone is tied up with everyday business, current projects and planning for the future of the company. They are aware of the Fraggle anniversary and would like to do something with the library of shows eventually, but there are other very urgent matters they must deal with first.

That's why I thought the Fraggle petition, quietly growing but available whenever Henson's, distributors or possible new owners need to take a look, would be an excellent way for them to be aware of interest in the shows.

It'll surely hit 1000 today, which is pretty good for only two weeks, and will continue to grow as word spreads.

I personally would feel better if you didn't bombard the people at Henson's directly. If you've got thoughts about how the shows should be re-released that won't fit on the petition, please post them here. They'll be seen. And otherwise, trust the quiet strength of the petition and have patience.

The shows WILL be released again for new children to discover. Your wonderful support and enthusiasm for the series have already gone a long way toward making sure that will happen.

Thanks again BlueFrackle for starting the petition and Jessie for the heartfelt statement. And thanks to all the folks at Muppet Central and those who've signed the petition for your appreciation of Fraggle Rock. It means alot to everyone who worked on the show.

Karen Prell
  18. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet New Member

Karen,

I hear ya loud and clear. Administrators please feel free to edit my earlier post with Henson contact info (i can't edit it now).

My biggest fear here is that the Henson folks will think "how quaint, they want fraggle DVDs" and then think "hey, this is kids stuff...let's make a cute little compliation "best of" DVD set."

That would be a shame. Fraggle fans deserve the entire series and we deserve to have the episodes in order. If you're aware that Henson folks are reading this thread and that what is discussed here will have some effect on their decision making process, super!

Another thought I've had is that once an outside-vendor has been established to have the rights to press the discs (like Time Life) it may be a good idea to let *them* know we want the series in order. When I called henson and talked about getting all the muppet shows on DVD they kept saying "That's not in our hands...Time Life makes all the decisions about that."

I just don't want to risk another situation like we have with the Muppet Show or South Park where we get stuck with "best of" collections and that's it. Fraggle Rock is a show that develops as a series that one ought to be able to experience in order and every episode is worth watching...and worth owning on DVD.

This has been a dream of mine for years and I really don't want some "marketing" guy who's never even watched the show to hand me a best-of DVD!

Anyhow, here's some of my ideas about how to best-serve the Fraggle Fan with a DVD release:

thanks for listening :)
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

David

Was Fraggle recorded in Stereo then ? I know some prime time shows like ALF were at that point, but i didn't know about Fraggle.

I can't seem them remastering the stuff as it is just gonna make things more costly but making the songs a special feature is a lovely idea.

I'd love to see Karen and others appear on a commentary - i would guess Henson aren't looking to go to the cost of doing 'extras' like this if they do put out a set but if they did then that would be numero uno on my list.
  20. Jessie

Jessie New Member

You guys!

Hey everyone and BlueFrackle! We just got 1000 entries!

Great news! :0)