Fraggle Rock Fan-Fiction: Perfect Harmony

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok, I had a busy weekend so I missed that last chapter. I just read it and well......OMG!

Extermination....Gorgs....danger all around.....oh my, oh my.....where's my teddy bear I think I'm going to need it.

More please? Gulp.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Demona, if this answers your question, Gobo came into Doc's workshop in "The Honk of Honks" in order to get something from our world to complete the Honk of Honks, as directed by Cantus.

More story please!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 12

"What… what is it?"

"It’s so… big!"

"It must be bigger than a Gorg!"

"A Gorg? Hardly, this thing’s barely even the size of Large Marvin!"

Sprocket tilted his head as the three Fraggles argued over the meaning of the blue mailbox on the sidewalk.

"Well whatever the case," Gobo said. "It looks like there’s a door at the top that could lead to another cave in Outer Space! Maybe Uncle Matt’s hiding in there!"

"Heh, he would be ashamed to show his face out here," Red said mockingly.

"Ha ha, very funny Red," Gobo said sarcastically. "Sprocket, can ya gimme a boost up?" Gobo asked.

Sprocket nodded and Gobo climbed on Sprocket’s back. The dog stood up on two legs by propping himself up on the side of the mailbox.

"Steady, steady Sprocket," Gobo said, climbing carefully to the top of the box. When he reached the top he stood up proudly. "Ha ha! Look at me! I’m a real explorer!"

"A real nut-job, that’s for sure," Red whispered to Wembley.

Gobo kneeled down and pulled open the lid of the mailbox, shouting inside it. "Uncle Matt? Uncle Matt are you in there?"
"Do you see anything Gobo?" Wembley called up.

Gobo sighed. "Just a bunch of white things with Silly Creature language scribbled on them." He climbed down carefully back to the sidewalk.

"Well, where do we go now?" Wembley asked.

"I guess we should just keep moving forward," Gobo said.

"But there’s nothing that way but a bunch of tall glowing sticks and even more Silly Creatures!" Red argued.

"Well where do you think we should go?" Gobo asked.

"That way," Red said, pointing down a dark alley.

"There isn’t even anything back there!" Gobo said.

"How do you know? It’s too dark to see!" Red said.

"We’ll ask Wembley then! Wembley, which way should we go?" Gobo asked his pal.

"Oh why do you always ask me…" Wembley asked.

"C’mon Wembley, just pick my way so we can move on," Red said.

"No way, he’s picking my way," Gobo said. "He is my best friend."

"Oh, that’s not fair!" Red said. "C’mon Wembley, do what your heart tells ya!"

"What if my heart tells me one thing and my gut tells me another?" Wembley asked.

"Then do what your mind says!" Gobo said.

"Oh no, not another one!" Wembley said. "Now I have three things telling me what to do!"

"Wembley!" both Red and Gobo shouted at the wembling Fraggle.
Wembley bit his bottom lip, and then ran off screaming, unable to handle the stress. Gobo and Red looked at each other and shook their heads, and started to run after him with Sprocket in toe.

"I don’t care what they say, ‘cause I know where to find my way, it won’t be the way they said to go!" Wembley shouted as he ran. He stopped. "Hey, that sounds familiar…" he said, then began humming.

"’Cause I’m not like they say
I just want to find my own way," Wembley sang.
"I’m goin’ the way I’ve got to go.

"So show me a way to go
And I’ll go free
I hope you’ll see that
I’m goin’ the way I’ve got to go."

"That’s nice Wembley," Gobo said as the others caught up with Wembley. "Now which way should we go?"

Wembley rolled his eyes. "I don’t know!"

"Well why didn’t you say so?" Red asked. "Sprocket, what do you think?"

Sprocket stroked his furry chin, and then pointed down the alley.

"Ha!" Red scoffed. "I win."

"This round," Gobo said.

"All rounds," Red replied.

"I have a headache…" Wembley mumbled as the four explorers traveled towards the dark alley.

>< >< >< >< ><

Cotterpin didn’t even know Doozers could move as fast as she was.

But apparently they could, because she was.

"Red! Red Fraggle!" the little Doozer shouted breathlessly.
There was no response.

Cotterpin had a sudden realization that Red had left Fraggle Rock with those other two Fraggles.

She knew the other two Fraggles, Gobo and Wembley, they were the only other Fraggles she knew.

"Wait a second," she said to herself. "There was one more! The Fraggle that didn’t like to laugh! Oh, what was his name… Bobby? Buddy?" she thought out loud. "Boober!" she shouted with realization.

Cotterpin continued running, not knowing exactly where to, just hoping it would lead her to Boober Fraggle.

>< >< >< >< ><

Boober whimpered and shook violently as he and Mokey sat in a private cave with Cantus.

"So you mean… neither you or Madame Trash Heap know what’s going to happen to Fraggle Rock?" Mokey asked Cantus quietly.
Cantus shook his head. "I’m afraid not Mokey."

"Well then how do we know sending Gobo, Red, and Wembley into Outer Space was a good idea?" Boober asked frantically. "They don’t know what’s out there! They could be killed! Or worse, infected!"

"Since we do not know exactly what this great tragedy will be," Cantus said, "we do not know what it will not be either."

Boober looked at Mokey desperately. She gently patted him on his back. "So you’re saying that we have to take whatever precautionary measures we can to prevent this tragedy, right Cantus?"

Cantus nodded. "We must be prepared for anything while we are prepared for nothing."

"This is too much for me," Boober moaned. "I barely understand the uneventful ways of soap suds, let alone epic tragedies."

"Boober, you’ve spent your entire life worrying about epic tragedies," Mokey chided him.

"Yes, but I never actually expected one to happen!" Boober said.

"Try not to worry too much," Cantus said. "But at the same time, worrying to little could prove fatal."

"Perfect," Boober scoffed.

Cantus smiled his sagely smile. "Go young Fraggle, return to your cave, try to get your mind away from this subject, but don’t stay vigilant."

Boober grimaced. "Whatever," he said. The worrying Fraggle walked out of the cave, leaving Mokey with Cantus.

"Um, Cantus," Mokey said, "can I ask you something?"

"Of course Mokey," Cantus said.

"Should the Fraggles be worried about this tragedy?" Mokey asked.

Cantus sighed. "I was afraid you would ask me that."

>< >< >< >< ><

"Oh you haven’t seen him then? Alright, thanks anyway Ned. …No, no, I’ll be fine. He’s probably just off chasing a cat or something. Fluffenella isn’t missing, is she? …She’s not? Fantastic then. Well, I’ll talk to you later Ned, thank you."

Doc hung up the phone and sighed heavily. "Sprocket, where could you be?"

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I shouldn't have done that! Now I want more!
:insatiable: But there was this tantalizing chapter right in front of me, and nothing else to do to distract me, (well, I guess I could have gone to bed, but let's not talk about that), and I just had to read it! Loved it as always!

So more please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sitting here after reading. Nice update Prawn. Wonder what'll happen once Cotterpin and Boober meet. Maybe another instance of his untold bravery... Oh well.
*Quietly sips hot chocolate and browses some other conversations.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Prawn Fraggle said:
"Oh no, not another one!" Wembley said. "Now I have three things telling me what to do!"
Oh, boy, do I know the feeling, Wembley. :coy:

In other news, the exploration of the mailbox was quite amusing, as was the scene as a whole.

I very much enjoyed Cotterpin's scene, especially the first two lines. Run, little Doozer, run!

As for Cantus, Mokey, and Boober... Awesome. Awesome, awesome. And Cantus is amazing. Wow.

And... I LOVE Doc calling Ned about Sprocket! Very awesome touch to finish up the chapter.

<GLOMP!> MORE PLEASE!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 13

Boober calmly folded his laundry as he pulled it off the drying line. He sighed happily. “This is where I belong,” he said to himself. “Laundry is my calling, not some terrible crisis…”

“BOOBER FRAGGLE!” a voice shouted, echoing throughout Boober’s cave.

Boober jumped, knocking over his washtub, slipping on a bar of soap, and landing in a bucket with a sock on his nose.

“Oh, Boober I’m sorry for scaring you,” said little Cotterpin Doozer as she made her way into Boober’s line of sight.

“Uch a Doozer…” he grumbled. “Scared me, no,” Boober said, pulling himself out of the bucket, “frightened me to the point of a near-death experience-“ Boober threw the sock off of his nose. “Yes.”
“Sorry again,” Cotterpin said, “but I really need your help!”

My help?” Boober asked. “You’re a Doozer, I’m a Fraggle, and quite frankly, I don’t really have time for this. I’ve got tube socks to wash and I need to sew a patch on one of Gobo’s toques…”

‘But the fate of Fraggle Rock could be at sake here!” Cotterpin said.

“Oh no, they’ve gotten to the Doozers too.” Boober sighed. “Listen, nothing is going to happen to Fraggle Rock, it’s—“

“But a huge hand broke through a cave wall!” Cotterpin shouted.

Boober did a double take. “I beg your pardon?”

“A giant purple hand reached inside! It must be a… a gong or whatever those things are called!” Cotterpin said.

“A Gorg?” Boober asked nervously.

“That’s it! It’s a Gorg! A huge purple hand and—and—“

“Gorgs? In Fraggle Rock?” Boober said as he shook violently. “Um, well th-this is… GORGS!” Boober shouted as he took off his hat, scooped Cotterpin inside and ran out into the Great Hall.

He looked both ways, screamed again and blew loudly on the Fraggle Horn.

“Whoo! It’s a party!” Feeny Fraggle shouted as he popped up from nowhere.

“Ooh a party?” Large Marvin asked. “Where is the food?”

“No, no, no! This isn’t a party you dolts!” Boober shouted. “Where’s the World’s Oldest Fraggle?”

“What is it, what is it?” asked the World’s Oldest Fraggle as he came hobbling in front of Boober with Henchy following in toe.

“Your elderlyness,” Boober said frantically. “This little Doozer in my hat here told me that Gorg’s have broken in to Fraggle Rock!”

The Fraggles started to panic. The World’s Oldest Fraggle rolled his eyes. “Henchy, blow the horn again.”

Henchy did as he was asked and blew the Fraggle Horn. The Fraggle’s panic calmed as they all turned to the World’s Oldest Fraggle.

“Attention Fraggles!” World’s Oldest said loudly. “Do not panic! As the oldest Fraggle in the Rock, it is my duty to protect the Fraggles from whatever horror might be brought upon us!”

“Hey, wait a minute,” shouted a Fraggle in the crowd. “Why should we believe what some Doozer says? We’re Fraggles!”

“Hm,” the World’s Oldest said, “You’ve got a point there! Never mind then, carry on.”

“Whoa, whoa, wait a minute!” Boober interjected. “This isn’t just some Doozer, this is, um, this is my friend, Cotterpin!”

“You’re friends with a Doozer?” another Fraggle in the crowd asked.

“Well,” Boober mumbled, “somewhat, um, maybe… Kind of?”

“Heh, a Doozer, tellin’ us that Fraggle Rock’s in danger,” said another Fraggle, “that’s a riot!”

The Fraggles in the crowd slowly began to return to their games and songs.

“Sorry Cotterpin,” Boober said into his hat.

Large Marvin and Feeny walked up quietly towards Boober. “Um, excuse me Boober?” Large Marvin said.

“Marvin?” Boober asked. “What? What is it?”

“Did you say, um, Cotterpin?” Feeny asked.

“Yes,” Boober said confusedly, “Cotterpin Doozer, she’s in my hat.”

“Oh, miss Cotterpin! Hi!” Large Marvin said excitedly into Boober’s hat.

“Miss Cotterpin, what are you doing in a hat?” Feeny asked.

“You know these guys?” Boober asked Cotterpin.

Cotterpin climbed up on the brim of Boober’s hat. “Oh, yeah, hi guys!” Cotterpin said. “These are two of the bravest and noblest Fraggles in Fraggle Rock!”

Boober looked with disbelief at the two Fraggles. “Large Marvin… and Feeny?”

“Yeah,” Cotterpin said. “Wait! Boober, maybe no one else will help, but I’m sure Large Marvin and Feeny will, won’t you guys?”

“Sure!” Feeny said. “Help you do what?”

“Save the Doozers,” Cotterpin said, “and probably the rest of Fraggle Rock too!”

“Well…” Boober said. “Only because no one else will help…”

“Alright, c’mon guys, let’s go!” Cotterpin said.

“Can we stop for lunch first?” Large Marvin asked.

As the three Fraggles and the Doozer ran off, the World’s Oldest Fraggle looked at Henchy. “Henchy, we’ve got a little trip to take too, come on!”

“Can we stop for lunch first?” Henchy asked. World’s Oldest Fraggle looked at Henchy momentarily, and then whacked him with his cane.

>< >< >< >< ><

“Eww, they’re hideous!” Ma screeched.

“Aww, c’mon now Ma, I think they’re cute,” Pa said. “Look at they’re little helmets.”

“Well… what do they do?” Ma asked.

The little Doozer in Pa’s open palm cleared his throat. “Excuse me, but we are Doozers and we build things.”

“They talk?” Ma asked.

“Hey there little green fella,” Pa said to the Doozer. “What do you think you’re doin’, addressing the king and queen of the universe like that?”

“I beg your pardon sir,” Architect Doozer said from the cage he was being held along with all the other Doozers. “But I’m the Architect, leader of the Doozers. I believe anything you… giant beast have to say, you can say to me.”

Pa peered down at Architect Doozer. “Hmph, fine. Junior hold this,” Pa said, handing Junior the Doozer in his hand.

Junior held the little Doozer gently in his hand. “Hello theyah, I’m Junior,” he said.

“I know, we’ve met,” the Doozer said. “Flange, Flange Doozer. From the radish famine, remember?”

Pa picked the Architect up in his purple hand. “And who exactly are you?”

“Architect Doozer,” he said. “I’m the leader of the Doozer community inside Fraggle Rock.”

Fraggle Rock?” Pa asked. “This here is Kissin’ Rock! Who’d name something after a Fraggle?”

“I don’t know, nor do I know what a ‘kiss’ is,” Architect said, “but we Doozers have been living in Fraggle Rock for the entirety of Doozer-kind!”

“Oh yeah? Well we Gorgs have been utilizing Kissin’ Rock for centuries to—“ Pa cleared his throat, “woo our women.”

“This is beside the point,” Architect said, getting annoyed. “Can you please just put us Doozers back and leave us to be on our own in our home? Our home that you just put a giant hole in that will take months to repair.”

“Ha!” Pa scoffed. “Repair? Little green fella, this is the perfect way for we Gorgs to finally get the respect we deserve!”

“And what about the respect of we Doozers?” Architect asked.

“Respect?” Pa asked.

Respect?” Ma laughed. “You’re tiny little green specks, we—why, we are Gorgs, the most magnificent creatures in the universe.”

“And as such,” Pa said. “We demand the most respect from… both Doozers and Fraggles and whatever else you’ve got hidden in that rock!”

Pa put Architect back in the cage with the rest of the protesting Doozers. “Junior, put your Doozer back in the cage too,” Pa said.

“Um, I alweady did daddy,” Junior said, nonchalantly slipping Flange Doozer into his shirt pocket.

“Good then,” Pa said. “Grab the cage and haul ‘er inside, let’s see if we can’t find something for these green guys to do.”

“I wonder if they cook?” Ma asked allowed. “I bet those Fraggles can cook. Pa, when do I get some Fraggles for my own?”

“Sometime tomorrow, sugar lips,” Pa said. “It’s gettin’ late and we need to celebrate our newfound respect.”

“Don’t worry mistah Doozer,” Junior said, patting his pocket. “I’ll keep you safe.”

“Great,” Flange said, muffled inside the pocket, “but could you stop hitting me?”

>< >< >< >< ><

The large light sticks, as the Fraggles called them, clicked on as the sky turned dark.

“Gobo,” Wembley said. “Shouldn’t we stop somewhere? It’s getting hard to see.”

Gobo looked around the alley they had turned down. “Look there, that looks like a cave!” he said.

The three Fraggles and their canine companion walked over to a cardboard box sitting in the alley.

“Kinda small for a cave,” Red said.

“At least it’s a shelter, Red,” Gobo said. “C’mon, we’ll get some sleep and keep looking for Uncle Matt in the morning.”

Wembley yawned. “Sounds good to me Gobo.”

“Yeah, for once I agree,” Red said.

Sprocket barked and ran into the box, running around and curling up inside the box. The Fraggles dropped their bags outside the box and went in, laying against Sprocket’s fur.

“Good night Wembley.”

“Good night Gobo. Good night Red!”

“Good night Wembley. Good night Sprocket.”

“Good night Red.”

“Night Gobo.”

“Night Sprocket.”

“Night Red.”

“Wembley, you already said good night to me.”

“Oh yeah, sorry.”

Sprocket shook his head as he and the three Fraggles drifted off to sleep.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hey look, the "More please" thing worked. :stick_out_tongue:

Poor Boober, getting laughed at for believing a Doozer... <sigh> <HUGS DOOZERS!> Poor guys, stuck in a cage! And Wembley and Red and Gobo and Sprocket, all curled up in the box... I loved the goodnights, by the way.

MORE PLEASE! ...But could we stop for lunch first?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nah... I'm stuffed from earlier. But these things called muffins keep appearing. Maybe we should give one to this Prawny guy? And maybe he'll return our kindness with more story?
Why... That's so crazy, it just might work!