Fraggle Rock Fanfic: You'll Be In My Heart

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
After reading all of the wonderful fanfics already posted here, I've been itching to post my own. Unfortunately the muses and the ideas didn't want to cooperate until last night, when something finally clicked (and Richard, I think I might owe you one, buddy). Right now all I've got ready is the prologue; chapter 1 will most likely follow sometime this evening.

And so fellow members of MC I give to you...

You'll Be In My Heart
(A Fraggle Rock Fanfic)

Prologue:

In the early morning hours, very few Fraggles in Fraggle Rock were up and about. After all, even a boisterous race such as they needed to sleep. But a few souls were awake, wandering here and there around the Rock and taking advantage of the space.

One such Fraggle was Cantus, leader of the Minstrels.

Cantus was used to early mornings; in fact, he and the other Minstrels enjoyed them. During the summer months it was the time of day when it was coolest, and the dew was still on the ground giving the world a glistening quality. In the winter it was cold, and sometimes snowy, but the sky glittered with morning stars before they gave way to the rising sun.

At the moment, the elder Fraggle was standing at one of the many entrances to Fraggle Rock, specifically the entrance to the Great Hall. There was very little activity there, and predictably the ones who were the busiest were the Doozers. For an instant his arms tensed as Cantus thought of raising this pipe to his lips to call the other Fraggles out, but he refrained. He wasn’t here on Minstrel business, for once. No, this errand was much more important – and private.

Beside him Cantus’ traveling companion gave him a curious look. “Is this where my uncle lives?" she asked.

“Yes, Small One," Cantus smiled. “This is Fraggle Rock. Your new home. Now, come along.”

Taking the minstrel’s hand, Tosh Fraggle allowed herself to be led into the Rock.

-Kim

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ooh, I'm intrigued! I really like your writing style, too. I like that Cantus almost played his pipe, and I like his reasons for not doing so, and like I said, I am VERY intrigued!

This looks great so far! MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know something... It's short, yet it's sweet and effective. Me like.
Post more please!

Java

Reaction score
Ohh, I'm ready to read more.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I agree whole-heartedly: I wanna read more, and soon! This is a nice piece of work, Kim!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
You know, I had a pretty good idea that it was Tosh, based on some hints you dropped earlier.
:wink:
I also love your style, and can't wait to see where you go from here!

More please!
:smirk:
:excited: