Fraggle Rock film in development

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If they choose celebrities, I hope they choose some that are not the "here-and-now popular" celebrities and will choose people who are more timeless...like good character actors. Christopher Lloyd--everybody knows him, but his performances are timeless; Shirley McClaine...folks like that.

The new, so-called "hip" celebrities are too blah and are fly-by-night stars. They'll be forgotten in 10 years.

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Bear in mind also, that Fraggle Rock had ONE human character, with others only implied. Doc felt like a real person to me. Gerry Parkes is an actor. He isn't a more well known celebrity. He's just a GOOD actor. That's what I think the film needs. We've already heard fans saying they didn't want to see precocious children overly featured. So why taint the movie with needless guest stars and celebrity cameos? Yeah, they did it in the muppet movie, but that was an entirely different animal. ( Pun intended )

And personally, I found those cameos distracting, and they definetly DATE the film. When you make a film, you want to make something that people can watch long after it's been released. I would hate to think that after a successful theater and DVD run, our beloved Fraggles find themselves at the bottom of a $2.99 bin at Wal-Mart because the studio chose to spend the budget to attract celebrities instead of focusing on a story.

The fraggles have their own magic. Their own "it". Whatever that is. And they didn't get it by having a celebrity walk onto the stage to thunderous applause. :stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
Mattfraggle, you say the cameos in The Muppet Movie dated the film. I see what you are saying but I don't completely agree. Because when you watch the movie now, those comedian cameos are still funny and wonderful. I could show that movie to my kids someday and it will still be funny because the jokes are timeless. That is why the Muppet Show is so great. Unlike Saturday Night Live the jokes are still funny after 10 or 20 years.

Agree that Fraggle Rock probably should not have a bunch of celebrity cameos because the orig series didn't have celebrities and it might take away from the film. It works for the Muppets because they are seen with celebrities all the time.

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Well Bear, I'm just giving my own opinion based on my experience in the business, and from my own personal likes. You're free to disagree.

BEAR

Reaction score
MattFraggle said:
Well Bear, I'm just giving my own opinion based on my experience in the business, and from my own personal likes. You're free to disagree.
And I am basing mine on my experience in the business as well as my experience as a human being. I might disagree but I was in no way puting down your ideas either.

BEAR

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
i just want it made
ME TOO!!:zany:

I don't even think they have started filming at all.

Not to muffin the thread, but i will go off topic for a sec. I just saw the trailer for the new Producers movie and it looks great.
Also read announcements for Santa Clause 3 and Mrs Doubtfire 2 to be made.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Whoever said that their shouldn't be celebrities or cameos, I agree with that.

The only human we ever see is Doc! Mr. Shimmelfinny (graawrl), and the neighbour-lady who's name I forget (and any other human characters that may have been mentioned, though I think they're the only two) are pretty developed characters, and we know alot about them. But we NEVER see them. It's always only Doc. It's because Gerry Parkes is such a good actor that we know things about Mr. Shimmelfinney anyway. Seeing people in the movie would just be kind of bizarre (people in roles that is, not including stuff with Travelling Matt where we have lots of nameless extras) and it wouldn't really go with the magic of the Fraggle universe.

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Whoever said that their shouldn't be celebrities or cameos, I agree with that.

The only human we ever see is Doc! Mr. Shimmelfinny (graawrl), and the neighbour-lady who's name I forget (and any other human characters that may have been mentioned, though I think they're the only two) are pretty developed characters, and we know alot about them. But we NEVER see them. It's always only Doc. It's because Gerry Parkes is such a good actor that we know things about Mr. Shimmelfinney anyway. Seeing people in the movie would just be kind of bizarre (people in roles that is, not including stuff with Travelling Matt where we have lots of nameless extras) and it wouldn't really go with the magic of the Fraggle universe.

But, Mrs. P, if the plot involves the Fraggles going into "outer space" there needs to be some humans in the cast other than Doc. They don't need to be big name celebrities.