Fraggle Rock Movie Gets Screenwriters (Hollywood Reporter)

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Here you are.

One of the co-writers has worked on the screenplay and storyboard for Rango and the storyboard on Pirates of the Caribbean, while the other is a former Cartoon Network executive. I have not seen Rango, but I remember it got very good reviews. I don't know much about Rango, so I will leave any judgments to other posters, but it looks like tenuous progress is again taking place on this long-in-the-works-project.

Hubert

Reaction score
Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully something will come out of this, even if a movie doesn't get made.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
That's great! I hope we get a Fraggle Rock movie in the future, because shocking news. Fraggle Rock will have a 30th anniversary next year. Is that amazing or what?

Borples

Reaction score
I hope it gets off the ground this time. I hope these guys are good, and I hope they both sit down and watch all four seasons of the show twice before they start to write. And the DVD extras so they can see what the show meant to the people who worked on it.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
If they do write the Fraggle Rock movie, I want them to please stay in character for the Fraggle Rock five clan. Some jokes, and puns and references from the show would be cool.

Borples

Reaction score
Yeah. The thought of recasting any of the Fraggles is disturbing, somehow. It's possible that they'll wind up recasting all of them...in which case I don't think I'll be watching the movie. But we'll see. Maybe the Hensons are determined to do it right and get back as many of the original people as are available. That would be cool. And if that's the case, then I hope they ask Matt Vogel to take on Gobo. He's been perfecting his Robin voice, and Gobo's not much different. Plus, he has a knack for capturing the soul of a character, even if the voice is not quite the same.