1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Fraggle Rock on Boomerang UK TV July 23rd

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by SweetumsMonster, Jul 18, 2007.

1. SweetumsMonster

SweetumsMonster Active Member

Hi all UK fans,

As reported on toughpigs.com, Fraggle Rock is going to be aired on UK TV for the first time since its re-runs in the early 90's on Nickelodeon. Starting on July 23rd on TV Channel BOOMERANG.

It appears by there web site ad that it will be using the USA versions, and unfortunetly not the UK versions that most UK fans want to re visit, but at least its back.

http://www.boomerangtv.co.uk/events/fragglerock/

Chris

2. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER Well-Known Member

I think that The Jim Henson Company wants to have the world get useed to the US version so everyone haa seen the first version and feels it has universal appeal. Also so the movie can focus on one doc.

3. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

That's great news!

It's not the first time that UK Boomerang had puppet shows. Last time it was Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds.;)

Fingers crossed if the show get lots of viewers it may get HIT DVD to release more Fraggle DVDs in the future.

4. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I wish I lived in the UK. You guys are so lucky!:)

5. SweetumsMonster

SweetumsMonster Active Member

Hi Guys

Did anyone manage to catch this this morning?

I cant get Boomerang, also Im at work when its on, I just wandered if there showing the episodes in order, or just random, and if it is definetly the US version?

Chris

6. RugbyTiger

RugbyTiger Member

I caught it this morning, and checked the evening showing to check it was the same episode (which it was). We started with 'Beginnings' so it looks as if we are going in order.

It is the American version of the show, which I think is probably for modern screenings - I think the Captian sequences would look terribly dated today, whereas Doc has always had a more timeless 'young at heart' quality. Along with the consistency of him appearing in all 96 episodes, I'm pretty happy with the decision. I just hope there isn't a flood of "Where's the Lighthouse?" responses that cause people to switch off.

I love that they are promoting it as a new show, and apart from the occasional dated music cue or outer-sapce fashion disasters it still feels super fresh! It was very thrilling knowing that a whole host of kids were seeing it for the first time.

7. RKUNKLER

Im glad you liked it. Doc is timeless and wonderful.

8. kbug67

kbug67 Well-Known Member

I Hope that if the episodes that are been shown on Boomerang get enough viewers the Henson Company + Hit entertainmnet may think about releasing full season dvds!

PLEASE!

9. Rose

Rose Well-Known Member

Just seeing it again on TV would be good enough for me.

10. RKUNKLER

Craig Shemin said that the reason that the North American version is shown is because it ran the longest and is made up of 96 episides where as the coproductions ran shorter.

11. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Fantastic news!

12. muppet baby

muppet baby Well-Known Member

I wish they would air here in the states on the boomerange network that we have here .

I am so glad though that the UK fans are geting to see it though it is a great series i just love it so much i will be buying the faggle rock season 2 soon , it just that money just got recaally that money is not tight for me any more at least for now lol :o

Oh also what is the differace in the UK Faggle rock version and the USA Faggle Rock version ?

I LOVE FAGGLE ROCK

13. muppet baby

muppet baby Well-Known Member

cool that is great news :) :excited:

14. MuppetDanny

Boomerang will be showing "The Muppets Take Manhattan" on :

Starting: 10:00am on Tuesday 23rd October.
    Starting: 11:00am on Tuesday 23rd October (Boomerang Plus 1)
    Starting: 17:00pm on Tuesday 23rd October
    Starting: 18:00pm on Tuesday 23rd October (Boomerang Plus 1)

All we need now we need is Boomerang to air "The Muppet Show" :zany: lol

15. MuppetDanny

Boomerang (UK) will be showing "Kermit's Swamp Years" on :

Starting: 14:00 to 16:00 on Sunday 16th December
    Starting: 15:00 to 17:00 on Sunday 16th December (Boomerang Plus 1)

16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh Well-Known Member

The UK's Boom and the US's Boom are diffferent. Europe doesn't have the stationary copyright laws we in the States have (i.e. that say, Disney would have to pay royalties to the CW [formerly The WB!] for that station allowing some of their programming to air on the American Jetix [that sadly, is taking the Disney away from ToonDisney, a station meant to air vintage Disney toons]), and so, European airwaves could air shows from different stations--and countries--without worrying about legal problems, whereas even our American oldies stations must pay royalties to companies in order to allow the station to play something generations old that's since been owned under various stationary companies (HBO, Disney, Odsessy, etc.).

Aside from the Doc and Sprocket sequences and the lack of "Around the World" being used for the Travelling Matt sequences--as well as little grammatical things that vary from culture to culture--there basically is no difference, for as the Fraggles themselves said, we may be different, but we're also one and the same, for we--through future generations--are the children of tommorow.

Don't we all?

*dances cares away, leaving worries for another day, whilst opting to let the music play...Down at Fraggle Rock*

17. MuppetDanny

There's another UK cartoon channel is currently show Fraggle Rock at the moment, it's on a channel called "Cartoonito" - anyone heard of this channel before?

18. wwfpooh

wwfpooh Well-Known Member

It must be the 'toon version of the series that's airing there, unless that station pulled a "Cartoon Network" or "ToonDisney" and is airing live action shows on a cartoon...well...network.