Fraggle Rock on DVD - Region 2

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Fraggle Rock is coming to Region 2 DVD (Europe).

It will be released in France on September 15th.

It will also have the Original English soundrtrack !

Im not sure how they will work out the British Matt segments tho, Or the British 'Captain' segments.

Extras -
  • Bloopers
  • Interviews
  • Making of Fraggle Rock
  • English/French Audio

It will be 30 episodes this year, And another 30 next year and then the remainder the year after.

They will be produced by LCJ Editions, a French DVD copmpany.

They also say that it is an Eternal Edition.

See ya
Warrick

Jackie

Reaction score
What about in AMERICA!!!!!! eeeeek!

Luke

Reaction score
Great news. Did the French actually have original Captain/Matt segments or did they just dub over the English ones ? Thats the only way i can see them pulling this off with English audio without resorting to subtitles.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

Im not sure abut the Matt segments, But they did have French 'Doc' segments.

I should think those parts would have subtitles, Or you get an option to watch the whole British episode with the Captain and UK Matt segments ?

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
THANK GOODNESS FOR REGION FREE PLAYERS!

Hey Warrick!

This is the news I've been waiting for! Unlike most people, I dont care at all about an american release, as I have a master dvd player (ie: can play every single media format on a shiny disc) that has region free. Folks, this might be it as far as FR dvds, so get your region free dvd player (usually the off or generic brands, which are cheaper anyways)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just think that it's stupid and confusing that they have different formats for these things. Europe has PAL, we have NcST PH. D. E I E I O or something. That drives me nuts to no extent. If so, we'd be able to grab some British Fraggles DVDs and play'em here with-out expensive equiptment or those pricey conversions.

And besides, don't DVD's have different Language soundtracks anyway?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I just think that it's stupid and confusing that they have different formats for these things. Europe has PAL, we have NcST PH. D. E I E I O or something. That drives me nuts to no extent<<<

thats true, but with a dvd player like daewoo or any number of off brand names, theres no such thing as regions or PAL or ntsc or a difference between vcd-vcdr-cdr. Heck, Im hoping fans start ripping specials like the Weezer half hour, Swamp Years, and I LOVE THE MUPPETS BBC special to cdr/vcd rips!

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Corey

I know you can get region free players in the states but how the heck do you get a PAL signal on a NTSC TV set - they are totally different display formats ? I take it you must have some kind of PAL compatible TV set as well ?

HombreDeSilla

Reaction score
>how the heck do you get a PAL signal on a NTSC TV set - they >are totally different display formats

Dunno about Corey but I know the codefree player I have has the option to translate the Pal signal to NTSC or vice versa. PAL video tends to 'move' a bit oddly on my NTSC tv but it's better than nothing.

-Steve

scarecroe

Reaction score
The region-free/all-region DVD players that work on NTSC TVs have a converter included in the unit that converst the PAL signal to NTSC. I would think it's just as easy to get one that will convert an NTSC signal to PAL.

It's more difficult with VHS. NTSC to PAL converters are relatively cheap, but getting a unit to convert a PAL signal to NTSC is another story. Those start in at about $400.