Fraggle Rock on "I Love the 80's Strikes Back"

P

Philo and Gunge

I just read that on October 21 during the "I Love the 80s Strike Back" for 1983 wil have Fraggle Rock as one of the topics. It airs at 10:00PM on VH1.

Ryan

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:
I just read that on October 21 during the "I Love the 80s Strike Back" for 1983 wil have Fraggle Rock as one of the topics. It airs at 10:00PM on VH1.
Thanks a lot for the heads up. Where'd you hear this from?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Some production assistant came here asking for pictures a while back. Wonder what became of that!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Sounds good. I just wonder how much the interviewees know about the show.

Philo and Gunge said:
From ToonZone fourms.
Really? You're a member there? I'm "The G Man" on that forum, and I mostly visit The Termite Terrace Trading Post. (LONG LIVE CLASSIC CARTOONS)

P

Philo and Gunge

Boober_Gorg said:
Really? You're a member there? I'm "The G Man" on that forum, and I mostly visit The Termite Terrace Trading Post. (LONG LIVE CLASSIC CARTOONS)
I'm not on ToonZone (www.toonzone.net), I do visit from time to time. I myself am a classic cartoon fan (Only 26 days till "Looney Tunes: Back In Action"). If only Cartoon Network butthead didn't can Bugs & Daffy and replacing with more Scooby-Doo.

Back on subject, I can't wait. :smirk::excited: and all the rest.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ahh... Fraggles... once again on cable with no way of me seeing it...

I wonder if they'll ever get around to doing something really obscure, like MUSCLE figures on something like this...

NikZane

Reaction score
They're on in 5 minutes! I'll be back...

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
The second the announcer used the term "Muppets on acid", I had a good idea of what to expect. The women kept spouting about how much they loved it, yet the guys seemed to concentrate on how hippie like the characters were. Well, it was nice to laugh at Boober saying, "It's a hiddious round thing".

NikZane

Reaction score
Well, that was brief. The Fraggles were probably the shortest of the segments in this section (the others being Martina Navratolva, Kiss removing they're makeup for the first time.. and maybe something else).

Most of the comments were good, Juliette Lewis is a big Fraggle fan. Red Fraggle was the only Fraggle that was actually mentioned, and they had a little Red plushie.

The dude from 'Queer as Folk' (i've no idea what his name is), only referred to the Fraggles with his usual sardonic sarcasm.. "The Fraggles are another example of puppetry combined with pot smoking... they're obsessed with eating, and they look like hippies". I never did like like this guy, not since he bagged out The Cure on the last season of I Love the 80's :wink:

All in all it was generally a pretty positive 2 min segment, thankfully (they're not always positive).