Fraggle Rock on Knocked Up!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Okay, first let me say that I haven't seen the movie, nor do I have any intention of seeing it! My mom went to see it over the weekend though, and she tells me that in one scene, a Fraggle Rock poster is seen on a kid's bedroom wall. I was very
:excited: about this, because, as I said to my mom: "I figured Sesame Street, sure, maybe the Muppet Show, but you never see Fraggle Rock anywhere!".
I wonder if this has anything to do with product placement and the new FR movie that's supposed to be coming out?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Well, it's not actually a kid's bedroom wall (actually, it is, it's just that the "kid" in question is 23 years old). And I doubt that it's product placement, unless Universal is the studio distributing the Fraggle Rock movie. It was really just something that was done when designing the set for the movie, as the character of Ben, played by Seth Rogen, is the kind of guy who would have a Fraggle Rock poster up on his wall.

By the way, the movie is really great.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Haha I totally noticed that! But had forgotten about it by the time we got to the birth... yucka. That's the only downside of the movie--I thought it was even funnier than 40 Year Old Virgin!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Oh my God. I've seen it three times now (and it gets better with each viewing), but I cannot stand the birth scene at ALL. Ugh. I may never have kids just so I don't have to go through that.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, it's just that from seeing the commercials, and hearing my mom and cousin talk about it, (she saw it a couple of times too), it just seemed a bit cheap to me. I'll keep your recomendation in mind though!
That, and at the risk of sounding like Sam the Eagle,
:attitude: I tend to prefer movies with some substance and depth in movies that I watch.

So he's the type of guy that would have a Fraggle Rock poster on his wall? Hmmm, what kind of guy is that exactly?
:wink:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Don't worry. There's definitely a lot more to find in Knocked Up than foul humor (which I happen to love).

Well... it's sorta hard to explain. The character is sort of a five-year-old twenty-three-year-old, if that makes any sense at all. Which isn't to say he's a kid trapped in a man's body or anything. It's... I guess you just have to see the movie!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's still so cool that they had that poster in his room! He's like almost the same age of the show itself.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
That movie was totally hilarious! I noticed the Fraggle poster too and got so excited I immediately pointed it out to my friend. She didn't seem to have the same enthusiasm about it as I did.