1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Region 2 DVD to be released in April

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Whataday, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

The first time I saw Fraggle Rock was on HBO. Yes I said it HBO. And the US version that Is Gary Parks is the one who played Doc on these Episodes. I'm just saying since some one said that when Nick and Disney showed them thats only when Gary Parks was shown. So just to make a note that Gary Parks was shown on those HBO episodes.
  2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

We were talking about the UK, Not the USA. The DVD will be a Region 2 release. Also... Its Gerry Parkes.

:rolleyes:
  3. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I hoped it was him, do you know anything else BlueFrackle?
  4. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir New Member

I think BlueFrackle was simply correcting Erine81981's consistent mis-spelling of the name Gerry - not confirming we are getting the Gerry Parkes episodes on DVD!
  5. BlueFrackle

Oops, Sorry! I was correcting Erine.

:o
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

If they indeed use the "American Doc" and not the UK Lighthouse Keeper, why can't they just port the darn thing to US Region 1 format?
  7. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir New Member

Because it's being released in the UK and (unless they have them hacked or chipped) people over here tend to have Region 2 DVD players!!! The best you could hope for is for Columbia TriStar UK to leave the region coding off therefore making it a universal Region 0 release... but although some UK DVD companies do that Columbia don't!!! :zany:
  8. Drtooth

Should have been more specific on what I said.

What I MEANT was why cannot they just take the same footage and import and convert it to a Region one style disk of whense to be released in the US, so they don't have to go through the trouble of making a region one DVD from scratch?
  9. BlueFrackle

They would have to do less than that. To make a Region Two disc they will need to get the original NTSC taped footage and convert it to PAL.
    So there is nothing stopping them making NTSC discs. Maybe they just dont want to.
  10. Drtooth

I'd say they just don't know we want them... or columbia thinks that maybe rereleasing a very obscure show from the 1970's that no one remembers is a better iddea! :eek:
  11. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

:o OH... I knew that, just teasing :o
  12. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Fraggle Rock R2 DVD Special Features NEWS

Since we know that "Fraggle Rock" will be released on DVD (R2) in April. A lot you will be thinking what special features will it contain ? - Well I can tell you that on the 5th Feb. '04 The British Board of Film Classification (B.B.F.C.) gave "DOWN AT FRAGGLE ROCK... ...BEHIND THE SCENES" passed the classification for the DVD!!!! :excited:

Also it includes a cast list, which only says Fulton Mackay! I'm getting the impression that this DVD could be showing UK shows? :) :p :smirk:

Will keep you posted!!!

See ya
  13. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

That could be the case. But is it Fulton that they show when they show the different "doc" scenes from the other versions. Then that could be the reason for why the mention him.
  14. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir New Member

That's great that we're getting the Behind the Scenes special... woo-hoo!!!! :excited:
  15. EleganceLiberty

EleganceLiberty New Member

Oh, how I long to have this DVD alongside my vast collection of DVDs.... ;_;
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

That's fantastic news. I guess it'll be DAFR and a few of the episodes that they originally released ages back. I can't wait for this DVD !!!!!
  17. anathema

anathema Active Member

Play now have the disc up for pre-order at £14.99
  18. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

19. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

20. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Thanks for the link, I really like that cover, I can't believe this is actually happening. :excited:

And it looks like it's been pushed back to May 4th, oh well at least we're getting it.