1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Fraggle Rock returning to The Hub April 21, 2013

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The Hub finally posted a video for one of the promos: .

PanthraDion and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  2. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

No way! Well, he did an incredible job as Gobo, after all, he is a big fan of Fraggle Rock so this went hand in hand. His performance as Gobo is nearly dead-on, keep up the good work, John!

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

And his chemistry with Karen/Red is perfect too. I wouldn't mind John being the official Gobo now. In fact, I hope it's permanent.

They just need a project for the Fraggles to be in.

(Off topic... anyone else think that the Doozers cartoon, if not getting on PBS, should go to The Hub?)

muppetlover123 likes this.
  4. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I sort of remeber him now. I researched he was Princeton from Avenue Q. Heh! Then, my question is, "Why do all of us FR fans think Gobo is like the Princeton kind of guy. I mean he has his street smarts, right? I didn't mean to get off topic, but then I was also thinking the bad idea bears remind of Philo & Gunge. Either good or bad advice, those rats do try to help the Fraggles (that would include Gobo, eh?) Okay, back to your regular FR topic program

5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

6. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

What's awesome, muppetlover123?

7. MuppetGeek

MuppetGeek Member

John did an Awesome job as Gobo when I first heard it I thought it was Matt :)

Sadly I dont have The Hub because I live in Ireland and I dont have the final collection dvd because its not released in Region 2

8. muppetlover123

just John Tartagila getting to be Gobo

JonnyBMuppetMan likes this.
  9. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

I am so glad that Gobo had finally been recast! :excited:

10. muppetlover123

11. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

What remains to be seen is how well he can do Gobo's singing. Of course, there's no doubt that John is a fantastic singer, but I sure hope that he can bring that certain sound quality in his voice that Jerry brought.

12. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I hope that Gobo's going to be active enough for us to find out about his singing voice, as opposed to only being around for a promo here and a lip-synched video there.

Last year at Dragon*Con, when I was walking around with my Janken puppet, someone told me that Henson was doing something with the Fraggles. I told them that I'd heard about the movie, and that it was stalled out in development heck. No, she said, a TV show. I said I'd heard about the Doozer show, and it seemed to have the same problem. No, she said, a Fraggle show. I told her that I'd have to see that to believe it, but I'd sure like for my skepticism to be proven wrong. Normally I'd just discount this as some fan's wishful thinking, but at the same con a guy came up to me and, in the same matter-of-fact tone told me about a Fraggle project he had been working on. A music video. Of course, I told him that that would be neat, but I'd have to see it to believe it. He accepted that and said that he couldn't tell me any more, but it'd be released in a few weeks. And a few weeks later the Ben Folds Five video appeared!

So...who knows? Gobo might need to warm up his vocal cords after all.
    "What do ya do​

With a big stack of postcards..."​

Collgoff and JonnyBMuppetMan like this.
  13. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

Well, now we know! (no G.I. Joe Pun was intended)

14. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

A new Fraggle promo just appeared on the Hub website (and presumably is airing on TV now) called Ask a Fraggle, where Gobo and Red answer viewer questions ranging from Doozer towers to Bronies :smirk: :excited:

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  15. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I know how I'm going to do my hair tomorrow.

16. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Well I really like it but I have one question!
    What's a Bronie?

17. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

A Brony is a fan who is in love with the show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on The Hub. Surprisingly, most of the fans of this show are male.

"Bronies" is the plural form of "Brony". You spelled "Brony" wrong. That's all.

18. antsamthompson9

That video is hilarious and awesome.

19. antsamthompson9

If you don't want to deal with buffering on the Hub website, here it is on YT: .

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  20. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Fun video! Great to see Fraggles in action!

And completely baseless speculation here, but I think that Fraggle Rock must be returning on a semi-permanent basis to the schedule, because this seems like a lot of promos to make for a single marathon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.