1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Season 2 coming September 5

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Ilikemuppets New Member

I know, I can't wait!
  2. Frogster Active Member

Lost: Season 2 comes out the same day... I guess I'll have to wait on one or the other. Someone needs to start a petition to get Kathryn Mullen and Mokey some media attention when it comes to advertising Fraggle Rock. I feel bad for her.
  3. King Prawn New Member

I'm in the same boat as you, i don't collect that many tv shows on dvd though i do collect, south park, muppet, show, simpsons, fraggle rock and Lost and this wek I need to picu up Simpsons season 8, a week later south park season 8 and like another week later both Lost & Fraggle rRock, glad my birthdays of the 8th that'll help a little. I'm kind of glad the decided to wait on The Muppet Show season 2 otherwise i'd be losing a lot of cash this month.

I hope disc art or something new is realased soon about the set:excited:
  4. I'm collecting the Simpson's sets too. But I got a very late start. I'm only on season 3.
  5. DTWolf Member

Y'know, I just gotta say HIT deserves big big big applause for the extra contents of their Fraggle releases. Not just interviews with actual cast members and production staff, but a reproduction booklet with original illustrations from the early planning! And in season 1, we got the Henson notebook reproduction! For Hit to make the extra effort to provide a replica of the pitch book really impresses me. This is the sort of thing more DVDs should have, and here it is with a series that really merits the treatment.

Leaving Mokey off the cover is a mistake; and having a year between season boxes is frustrating; but the contents new and old are well, well worth the money. I'm looking forward to it!
  6. From here till Oct. I will be spending money like crazy. See I am collecting Full House. and Season 4 just came out. Fraggle Rock 2 in about 2 weeks, THAN on Oct 3rd, The Little Mermaid 2 disc Spec Ed DVD, Evanescence new CD, AND X-men the Last Stand, all on Oct 3rd. I will have like no money! But it will be well worth it!
  7. Traveling Matt New Member

I totally agree - HIT is really doing the fans right with these season sets.

Go HIT!!
  8. muppet_dk Active Member

I'am sitting with the boxset right next to me.
    The interviews is around 64 minute long. The topics are Season 2 Overview, Docs And Sprockets (the co-productions), Travelling Matt, Steve's home video (that segment is 5 minute long, recorded at the sound studio), All Around The World Music Video (including the video). Theres also a colection of 20 Matt segments from around the world, all have daves voice on them.

The Jerry Juhl tribute is about 36 minutes long, and in my opion the best part of the boxset.

The pitch book is a pad like the one from season 1. It describes the world of Fraggle Rock and it's characters.
  9. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Whoah! You guys got this a week early??? Guess I'm moving to Denmark, the Land of Early DVD Releases.

:)
  10. But is Kathy in them??
  11. muppet_dk Active Member

No she is not.The Interviews are with Jocelyn Stevenson, David young, Dave Golez, Steve Whitmire, Sugith Varughese, Karen Prell, Susan Juhl, Lawrence S. Mirkin, Duncan Kensworthy and even Jerry Juhl, he talks about Travelling Matt

Mokey is featured on the bonus disc along with Boober.
  12. Well that's very disappointing for us Mokey fans, but I also realize we don't know the details of how the interviews come about. Thanks for your answer though.
  13. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Just wanted to mention; I was helping put together this week's issue of our campus paper last night (early this morning), and in the A&E section, Fraggle Rock season 2 is listed under DVD Releases.
  14. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hey Muppet dk,

Any chance you can post some pics of the set, the disc art, the box and the book etc??

Its great to hear that Steve's 'Home Movies' are included, he told us that he had given this to Hit when I met him in June, its great that they have included it. :excited:

I have mine on order too and cant wait to get it.

Thanks

Chris
  15. Traveling Matt New Member

Wow, those bonuses seems pretty Traveling Matt-heavy!

Are the original opening and closing credits still intact like the first set? How about any inserts or paperwork (other than the pitch book)?

Thanks!
  16. muppet_dk Active Member

Well the box looks just like the images thats already released. Heres the disc art http://www.h-rytter.dk/diverse/frseason2_discs.jpg

The front cover and a page from the pitch book http://www.h-rytter.dk/diverse/pitchbook.jpg

Steve also talks a little about how he found the tape and about whats happening on it.

I really don't know haven't had the time to watch the episodes yet. no inserts except the pitch book
  17. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

wow, Thanks Muppet DK, so much for that, I am soo excited about getting this, even more so now, that book looks great, I love the original Frith art work.

All Im curious about now is what the back of the box looks like??

Who is the character on the right hand spine, there is a Doozer on the left so who is on the right?

Thanks again,

Chris
  18. muppet_dk Active Member

The back http://www.h-rytter.dk/diverse/frsetback.jpg

On the right hand spine theres another doozer
  19. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Many many Thanks Muppet dk,

I'll hopefully recieve it soon,

Chris
  20. Ozzel New Member

Do we know yet if there's gonna be a Best Buy bonus disc?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.