1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock Season 2 officially announced

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

2. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Yes! I am so glad that this is official. I can't WAIT! Season 1 was completely fantastic, and I can't wait to watch season 2.

As for bonus features, some of the suggested ones in the article were pretty cool. However, the real selling point for me is being able to own all of the episodes, especially since they look so crisp on DVD. :excited:
  3. chestermcdragon

chestermcdragon New Member

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

That is...unbeleivable! FR Season 2 before Muppet Show Season 2? Can FR have a bigger fanbase than MS?
  5. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Thats funny i contacted them two days ago and no news or plans LOL.

A sneak-peak of the Fraggle film in development. i'd love to see that.

i went on to HIT
    s website there is no news there
  6. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

I am giddy right now.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  7. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

This is great news indeed! Its funny, I got an e-mail from the HIT Customer Service today that said "...There is no information on any upcoming Fraggle Rock DVD releases at this time. A Season 2 set of Fraggle Rock is something we are currently considering; but at this time we do not have any kind of information on the possibilities of HIT Entertainment producing a Season 2 set..." (It's funny how the customer service people are usually the last to know anything.) I e-mailed them back with the link the article here, and the quickly responded "well, there you go. I guess it is coming."

Now if only Disney would get motivated and officially make some kind of comment on the future of the Muppet Show sets.

I can't wait! :excited:
  8. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I thought we already knew Muppet Show Season 2 was coming out this spring?

Anyhow, this is awesome news, can't wait!
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

As for The Muppet Show season 2, we have heard nothing official. We just have estimations, internal speculation, insider rumblings, rumors, interpretations of early statments and vague official comments. Nothing official or solid. Nothing definitive. So here we sit and wait for Disney to get it together. But at least we know the Fraggles are coming... and that is great news!
  10. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Yea!!!! Season Two! I'm so happy about this news! I just hope it's a good sign that we'll see more seasons and that they really will release a Mokey doll and all things will be good for Fraggle fans this year!

Of course I'd like to see the Muppet Show season two as well, so maybe this is a good sign for that as well even if it is two different corporations.
  11. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

HOOOOOORAY!!!!!! :excited: Oh this is awesome!!!
  12. MustangRockstar

MustangRockstar New Member

Wow it's funny this was announced when it was. The night before I was looking around for updates, checked here and Amazon.com and found nothing. At least my timing in that sense is working better, it used to be right after I did that someone died.

I hope the speed this up a little more than just one a year, at this rate the series wont be done until 2009. As for Muppet Show, it wouldn't surprise me if we see an announcement soon about that. Could be a repeat of last season where MS arrives in August and Fraggle Rock arrives in September.
  13. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

This is cool, and one of my favorite episodes will be on that season set too!
  14. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Hooray! I new there was hope!
  15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

This is good news, although I would have rather heard official news about season two of The Muppet Show. In addition to the suggested extras in the news page, it would be great if this set included alternate opening endings with other fraggles besides Boober saying "Down At Fraggle Rock" (there were takes with all five fraggles saying this, but the one with Boober was the only one used regularly. the oens with Gobo and Wembly were used on the show, but the episodes with these scenes had the regular version of the opening with Boober saying "down at fraggle rock" instead). Another great feature would be the 1983 video Fraggle Songs (even though that was already included in the "Where it All Began" DVD) or the 1984 video Doozer Music (that one hasn't been a feature on any DVD yet, not even "Doin' the Things That Doozer's Do").

This is great. We've recently had season one and two of Dinosaurs announced, and we've already had seasons one of Fraggle Rock and The Mupopet Show. What next? Muppet Babies: The Complete First Season? Little Muppet Monsters: The Complete Series? Dog City: The Complete First Season?
  16. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

YES!!!!!!!

:smirk: :excited: :smirk:

This made my day. I just read the article Phil posted, and...well...I'm excited!!

And now for my crazy demand list (I couldn't figure out anything else to call it):

* The original theme song would be great. (Those of you unfamiliar with it:http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache..." "original opening"&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1)

* Since the first set came with a replica of Jim's notebook, how about a replica of Michael Frith's FR book discussed in the new interviews?

* Bloopers

* Photo/Sketch Gallery

* A few interviews with some of the background performers (Go, Terry!), or even fans.

* The isolated audio track is a great idea. Fraggle music is among the best Muppet music.

* Maybe a couple of animated episodes as "Easter Eggs" (since the 3-eps. releases are on hiatus for the rest of the year).
  17. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It would be nice if this set had a special tribute to Jerry Juhl. If there are behind-the-scenes interviews like in the first set, then this would be a great place to discuss Jerry Juhl.

Other topics that should be covered if there is a new documentary:

*episode-specific interviews (maybe for the epsiodes All Work and All Play, A Friend in Need, Uncle Matt returns, and The bells of Fraggle Rock).

*Cotterpin Doozer (this is her first season on the show).

*Whatever happened to Cheryl Wagner (or whoever it was who performed Ma Gorg in the first season).

*Changes in Gobo and Ma Gorg's appearances.

*Doc and Sprocket around the world.
  18. cabbageheat

cabbageheat New Member

Great but time to wait

well, this is good news. but wow, September? near the end of this year? that is a heck of a long time to wait, and what an early announcement. . . i was excited at first, but I didn't think we'd have to wait 9 months for the release, seems a bit of a stretch.

time to tick off days in the calendar. . . for a very long time.
  19. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

The longer the release, the better the set. :D
  20. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

:excited: - that's all I can say :) :p