1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Fraggle rock sewing patterns! Anyone made these?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Kermieuk, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I have in my possession the 1986 butterick doll patterns for red and gobo. The dolls look pretty good and I'm sure with a little tweaking they could look even better.

I have had these doll patterns for many years after buying them on eBay. Every time I think I will attempt them, I look at the pattern which looks so complicated I put it away again?? Just got the patterns out again now. Looked at antron fleece online and feathers etc to try and make them look a bit more 'real'.

Has ANYONE ever attempted to make these?? Any advice. Is it better to hand stitch or machine stitch ( im not very good at sewing!

Anyone got any pics of these made??

If this works maybe I'll have to look for sprocket patterns too??

Chris

2. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i actually just got the muppet babie doll patterns myself i am going to try them out..after i scan them first..if you ever want to trade hit me up

3. Kermieuk

Ok. This pattern is HUGE not sure how to scan/ copy it!?

Chris

4. Kermieuk

Hi fellow puppet fans and builders.

I have had the butterick fraggle rock gobo and Red sewing patterns for many years and keep thinking I must have a go at making those!!
    I didn't want to just copy the patterns I wanted to tweak them to make them more Fraggly.

Anyway I bought all the stuff, wire, foam, feathers,fur and course antron fleece. My attempt at dying the fleece yellow failed and I ended up with a baby pink colour. While waiting for the proper dye to arrive I thought I might as well practice with the pink fleece. I had never tried the Henson stitch before!!
    A few days later the yellow dye arrived and I managed to dye some antron yellow. But as I already started my 'pink' fraggle I bought I may as well keep going. All practice to attempt Red and Gobo.

Here is what I ended up with, it took about 4 weeks.

I have never ever attempted to make a puppet before! This is a poser and not a puppet.
    Let me know what you think?

[​IMG]

Chris

iluvfragglerock and Lana Thurlow like this.
  5. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I think that that's a pretty good-looking first try! Nice work, and I like the colors. Boiled fur, isn't that?

6. pileobunnies

pileobunnies New Member

Wow -- I would love to get my hands on that pattern.

7. Kermieuk

Just keep an eye out on eBay. The fraggle rock patterns were made by Butterick!

Chris

8. Kermieuk

Here is the Red Fraggle I went on to build.....

[​IMG]

9. Kermieuk

And then gobo.......

[​IMG]

10. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Nice Fraggles you got there! :)

11. Gobo_Tron2

Gobo_Tron2 Member

Drat, I thought I had these available online. Now that my memory serves me correctly, I had to remove them because of bandwidth limitations on Geocities. (anyone remember that?)

Here is the collection of scans I made for this. Keep in mind I was a dumb teenager when I did this, so I don't remember for sure if they're to scale, but I could swear I did some test prints to make sure they were accurate.

http://www.fragglerockforever.com/botsford/dolls.html

12. FrackleFan2012

I can't see the pictures. :cry:

13. Gobo_Tron2

Gobo_Tron2 Member

Kermieuk likes this.
  14. FrackleFan2012

Most of the links work.

15. Slackbot

I got most of the patterns, but parts 16, 19, and 22 are unavailable.

Thank you for uploading this! I've developed my own patterns for replicas, but it's interesting to see how close they are to these and where they differ.

16. Gobo_Tron2

Gobo_Tron2 Member

16, 19, and 22 are now fixed.

17. FrackleFan2012

Thank you.

18. Slackbot

Thankee kindly!

19. pileobunnies

pileobunnies New Member

Gobo_Tron, I might love you. Thanks!

20. Kermieuk

Don't forget butterick also made the pattern for Sprocket!!

Chris

SkeetScootSquat likes this.