Fraggle Rock-The Animated Series

Brian Damage

Reaction score
Yes, there was. Didn't go for very long, though.

I'm sorry to say I only have clear memories of that and the end of the original show.

[EDIT]: Oh, sorry, I see now. "Why?"

I think they were trying to catch the tail-end of the marketing, riding the wave from the bang that the show went out on.

Possibly demand from the fanbase came into it somewhere, but I'm not too sure about that...

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
From what I remember of it, I'd just as soon the animated series never happened. I remember it being somewhat... hideous. (the pic on that link is a perfect example. what on earth is Red doing in that pic anyway, getting ready to execute a body slam?)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock Rocks!

I loved Fraggle Rock!
I used to watch both the live action one and the cartoon one. I never had any problems with either. Of course, I also watched The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Muppets Tonight, and Muppet Babies and I don't have a problem with any of those either. They were all good.

I can't some episodes of both the live action and the cartoon versions of Fraggle Rock and I like both just as well as the other. :smirk: :excited:
Rock on!

jediX

Reaction score
Nope. Believe it or not, but Dan Castellaneta from the Simpsons (he does Homer, in case you didn't know) did Philo & Travelling Matt. I'll have to dig out my FR animated tape and hear for myself. As far as I can tell through my quick research, none of the 'real' performers supplied voices.

I loved the FR toon. We didn't have cable back then and thus the cartoon version was the only one I had access to. I guess it made up for the blunder that was not just showing FR on cable in a time when cable wasn't as popular as it is now, but showing it on pay cable.