Fraggle Rock: The Video Game

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Note: I haven't forgotten my Return to Labyrinth one. I'm just trying to go ahead and start this one. The inspiration for this comes from here. It's not going to be exactly like that, as I have tweaked the set up a bit since posting that long-ago thread. This game is assumed to be on the PS3, as that is the console I own, LOL. I will begin with a description of the menus and controls and then list the online multiplayer missions. After that, I shall begin the main game's plot.

The beginning video is set up similar to the opening theme of the show. The best part of this being a video game is that it could use the location familiar to a certain market. So, the US/Canada game could have Gerry Parkes' Doc. Great Britain could have the Lighthouse's Doc, etc. At any rate, Gobo Fraggle is seen taking a postcard from a small trash can about his height (two feet tall). The camera follows him as Sprocket chases him into the Fraggle Hole in the wall, down the tunnel, and nearly smashing into Mokey, Red, Wembley, and Boober in the middle of the Great Hall. The lyrics start and Doozers work on construction projects as they sing their verse. Gobo dashes away through another tunnel and pops out of Kissing Rock (what the Gorgs call that big rock column with the triangular boulder on top), only to be caught by Junior Gorg, who shows Gobo proudly to his mother. Ma Gorg screams, shocking Junior, who accidentally tosses Gobo into the Gorg Well, where he splashes cannonball style into the Fraggle Pond. The rest of the song is sung and there are several endings to the song. The first is Boober's last line. Other endings would be other characters, even Gorgs or Doozers, saying it.

The main menu would be similar to the menu screens on the DVDs of the show, with the characters posing in the Great Hall. The characters would be animated, with various characters trying to upstage the others, like giving someone bunny ears, playfully shoving each other, splashing others in the pond, etc.

The main menu would have the typical large logo on the top of the screen and "New Game", "Continue Game", "Multiplayer", "Options", and "Extras" centered in the middle of the screen.

The Options screen will alter brightness, contrast, audio assistance, subtitles, and controller vibration.

The Extras screen will have cutscenes, concept art, sound clips, etc.

The controls are rather simple. A PS3 controller has a central PS button, a select button on the left and a start button on the right. On the far left of the controller is a cross-shaped button for digital directions. In other words, press it a little or press it a lot, the reaction is the same. Below the directional pad is a left analogue stick. Analogue sticks are far more sensitive to degree of use. Press it a little and a character can walk. Press it a lot and the character can run, etc. On the far right are four buttons in a diamond shaped configuration. The left is the square button, the top is the triangle button, the right is the circle button, and the bottom is the X-shaped button. Below that is the right analogue button. On the top edge of the controller are four buttons, called shoulder buttons. They are L1, L2 (L1 is left top, L2 is left bottom) and R1, R2.

The directional pad or the left analogue stick can be used to highlight menu options on the menu screens or make characters or items move. The select button will display inventory and the start button will pause the game and display the game menu, which will offer opportunities to save or load the game. The square button shall be used to pick up/use items. The triangle button will be used to talk to characters. The circle button will be used to jump, crawl, or swim. The X-shaped button will be used to confirm choices. The shoulder buttons won't need to be used unless specified during the plot.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Multiplayer Missions

Fraggle Missions will allow players to customize their own Fraggle for use in Multiplayer. Parties of two to five Fraggles can be formed. Multiplayer is only available if the PS3 is hooked up to internet access unless otherwise specified.

ROCK HOCKEY: This mission must have five Fraggles. It is played in the southern section of the Great Hall (the Fraggle Pond would be north of this area). There are two teams of five Fraggles. The field has a hockey-like goal at each end and a short basketball-like hoop suspended on each side. There are bleachers filled with Fraggles on the southern end of the field and a scorekeeper, otherwise known as Rock Hockey Hannah next to the bleachers. She moves balls along two bars to show the score, kinda like an abacus in appearance.

The quarterback of each team begins the game by knocking a square pillow puck off of the referee’s head with a hockey-like stick. The one who successfully knocked it off must then pass it to one of two forwards. The forwards are responsible for trying to strike the puck into the goal, which is guarded by one goalie, wearing an American-style football-like uniform of a helmet, wicker face guard, and sea shell shoulder pads. The goalie has a Lacrosse-like stick. The first base Fraggle (though admittedly there are no other bases) are stationed next to the basketball-like hoop. Their only function is to take a puck and toss it into the hoop.

The referee will announce scores, but true to the show will mix up scoring systems from multiple sports (for example, one score might be “touchdown”, one might be “home run”, etc). However, each goal or hoop equals one point on Hannah’s scoreboard, regardless of what the referee says. The referee will also enforce a time out if a Fraggle hits another Fraggle. The crowd will shout, “Naughty, naughty, naughty” and the game will continue.

The first team to acquire ten points or the team that has the most points after five minutes elapse wins.

TROPHY: YOU GOTTA PLAY REAL GOOD.
On the PS3, meeting certain requirements will earn trophies, usually visible on the main PS3 screen in the menu somewhere. Each member of the winning team will earn the trophy.

CAPTURE THE RADISH: This game takes place in the Gorg’s garden and can accommodate up to ten teams of two to five Fraggles each. Each team has a wagon around Kissing Rock. Each team must cooperate and grab a radish and get it to the team’s wagon. There are several traps, such as suspended cages that drop down and wicker snares. Also, if Junior Gorg sees Fraggles, he will arrive and attempt to thump Fraggles, which doesn’t really kill anyone. He uses bean bags, which will knock a player unconscious temporarily.

The first team to obtain five radishes or the only team to survive after everyone else has been knocked out wins.

TROPHY: ROAD TO PERFECT HARMONY
Each member of the winning team will receive this trophy.

FRAGGLE RESCUE: This game takes place in and near the Terrible Tunnel. It can accommodate one team of two to five Fraggles. The Terrible Tunnel is a straight tunnel with boulders jutting out of the tunnel walls here and there. There are six, eight, or ten Fraggles trapped within the Terrible Tunnel’s “gut”. The “gut” is behind a large stone mouth that opens and closes. Every time the mouth opens, the tunnel experiences an immense vacuum. Behind the mouth is a large round cave with multiple movable boulders. Two Fraggles can push boulders around to block the suction as rescued Fraggles are moved toward the mouth.

If any of the Fraggles, either the players or the victims, are sucked to the far wall in the back of the cave, the game is over. The game is won after all the Fraggles have been successfully brought out of the Terrible Tunnel’s mouth.

TROPHY: BALLAD OF YOUNG WEMBLEY
Rescue all of the Fraggle victims.

TROPHY: TRAGIC TALE I TELL
Allow a Fraggle, either player or victim, to be sucked to the far back of the cave.

TUNE FOR TWO: This game must have only two Fraggles. It takes place at the Fraggle Pond. It is similar to Karaoke Revolution in that a microphone is needed and the Fraggle judges will assess how well two Fraggles sing a duet. Like the aforementioned game, it’s not so much necessary to sing the actual words displayed as to sing at the correct pitch at the correct time. It is the only offline multiplayer game, as it would be rather difficult to synchronize players due to differing internet connections. The songs played are all duets from the show or can be made into duets. Each song is worth 10,000 points maximum. The song list is as follows (for a total of 12 songs):

Ball of Fire
Beetle Song
Children of Tomorrow
Dum of a Son of a Gun
Follow Me
Friendship Song
Goodtime Goombah Soup
I Seen Troubles
Pass It On
Rev
Sweet, Sweet Little Treat
Workin’

TROPHY: DO YOU WANT IT?
Score 40,000 points or less.

TROPHY: JUST A DREAM AWAY
Score 40,001 to 80,000 points.

TROPHY: THE ROCK GOES ON
Score 80,001 to 120,000 points.

Doozer Missions allow players to customize their own Doozers and join teams of five Doozers for use in Multiplayer.

BULLDOOZER BALL: This takes place in a tunnel. The Architect and Cotterpin Doozer are trapped because two paths are destroyed. The Architect wants to use the left path and Cotterpin wants to use the right one – because she’s contrary, LOL. Two teams of five Doozers, each on small motorized bulldoozers must use the machines to transport and dump their color balls (team 1 = yellow, team 2 = red) into the holes in the path. The first team to fill all the holes and rescue their Doozer victim wins.

TROPHY: THE WAY I’VE GOT TO GO
Win Bulldoozer Ball.

TOWER TO GO: This takes place in the courtyard to Doozer Dome, with two piles of ingredients, two Doozer Stick casting machines, four cranes, and two building areas. There are two teams of five Doozers. The Architect will give you two structural objectives. Cotterpin will give you three flavor objectives. Each objective will be scored on a scale of one to five. The team with the most points wins. One player mixes ingredients, two players transport the ingredients and the finished parts with cranes, and two players build the tower.

TROPHY: THE DOOZER WHO DIDN’T
Earn nine points or less.

TROPHY: TURBO DOOZER
Earn ten to fourteen points.

TROPHY: COTTERPIN DOOZER
Earn fifteen to nineteen points.

TROPHY: ARCHITECT DOOZER
Earn twenty to twenty-five points.

NOTE: This is the end of the multiplayer description. The single-player game’s walkthrough will begin next.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good schtuff. This is the only kind of game environment where an Idol subgame makes sense to me. After all, the Rock needs to be kept lit... And the only way that can happen is if there's music to keep the Ditzies shining alive. The trophies are equally inventive and I look forward to the single-player story to follow.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm musing (ahem) on how to incorporate it into the main game. It's also a shame that that type of game doesn't actually check the words too. If you can get all the lyrics right to the Beetle Song, that deserves a prize in and of itself, LOL.

The single-player mode will basically take place during the fourth season, as the most stuff happens then. There won't be much playing through actual episodes, though episode content will be referenced.

RTL was based more along the lines of the Silent Hill series. I've been playing Ghostbusters The Video Game for the PS3 and so it will kinda be like that in structure. In other words, it will be set up as kind of like episodes that progress the story.

Like my RTL game, it will hopefully be structured so that people not particularly visually inclined could theoretically play as well. At least one Fraggle will be with the player at all times, who will be the one pointing out stuff, noting directions, etc.

I've already got a basic plot in my head that accommodates video game limitations and fits within season four. I don't know if I can get started on it today, as I'm trying to earn as many Ghostbusters trophies as I can before having to return it to Blockbuster.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Yeah, that reminds me of the last times I was able to somewhat see TV screen images well. We'd rent games and try to beat them in that weekend timeframe. There's info about it if you search at the Ghostbusters Wiki though. A couple of entries from there have inspired me, good to know they've inspired you too.

*Waits for story whenever it can get posted... Patiently-ish.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yay, fraggles!
:excited:
:smirk:
:coy:
I've been watching season 4 over the past few days, and so am experiencing a rush of fraggle ferver. Greatly looking forward to reading this!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Thanks! I might not get to them except the weekends, but I'll try.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
SINGLE-PLAYER MODE

EPISODE 1: MYSTERY OF LOST STUFF

The title of each episode will start in “Fragglish” but quickly transition to the relevant human language. Again, I’m going to assume the Gerry Parkes Doc, because it’s the only one I know. The title will be superimposed over the exterior shot of Doc’s Workshop. When the title fades, the scene cuts to the interior.

Cinema:

Doc (flustered, searching around the workshop): Sprocket!

Sprocket (jumps up on his hind legs, putting his front paws on the workbench): Hmm?

Doc: I’m in a real mess, Sprocket! I can’t get into the Captain’s Inn.

Sprocket (pantomimes putting in a key and twisting it)

Doc (stops searching, sighing, nodding): Yes, yes, boy. Don’t you think I’ve tried opening the key with the lock – I mean, the lock with the key? I nearly broke it in half trying to make it work and I can’t get in!

Sprocket (grabs phone off the bench and offers Doc the receiver)

Doc (shaking his head): I can’t do that, boy! Ms. Ardath -- *gets closer to Sprocket and bends down, his voice quieting* -- Ms. Ardath would think me a senile old man if I asked her why I can’t get --. *gasps, leaning against the bench for support as though he’s had a terrible revelation* Sprocket – what if it’s not the key? What if – what if it’s me?

Sprocket (thoroughly confused): Hmm?

Doc (straining to remain standing): What if – what if she fired me and changed the locks?

Sprocket (dismissively): Awww ….

Doc (goes to sit down in a big rocking chair near the bench): I’m serious, Sprocket. *thinking* It must have been that customer who kept griping about the air conditioning. He kept telling me he was hot, even when I had the thermostat so low icicles started to hang from his eyebrows.

Sprocket (snickers)

Doc (continues to sit in the rocking chair with a worried expression)

The camera starts to sink until it goes through the floor and past layers of dirt, including cutaways of various Doozer-sized tunnels with various goings-on occurring through them, such as Doozers working on pipes or building Doozer stick paths. The camera sinks some more until we see get to Gobo and Wembley’s room. The camera then heads forward, through one of the “windows” just to the left of the entrance to their room, following the tunnel left, which is lined with ferns and tiny crystalline specks, past some meanderings until it reaches the southeastern corner of the Great Hall.

The Great Hall is a very large cave, roughly a half-square mile. The whole of Fraggle Rock will be roughly twenty square miles, not counting Doc’s Workshop and the Gorg’s kingdom. It is vaguely dome-shaped, with a rounded square floor bordered by cave walls that go up and arch toward the ceiling, just north of the midpoint, where the opening leading to the Gorg Well is. The cave is divided into two sections by two rock arches angled like the letter V, with the point pointing north. Near the right or eastern rock arch is the Fraggle Horn, which is a tuba-like instrument. As the camera continues into the Great Hall, we see the southern smaller section as a flat area with just a few stalactites and stalagmites. Fraggles are playing Rock Hockey and Doozers can be seen on various Doozer stick and rocky ramps, transporting supplies. Past the rock arches, right underneath the Gorg Well opening is the Fraggle Pond, which is about thirty feet in diameter. To the north of Fraggle Pond is a set of four cliffs of differing heights up the cave wall, where Fraggles and other creatures can be seen going about their daily business. The camera, though, stops at the Fraggle Pond, where Gobo is strumming his guitar and watching Red swimming in the pond. Boober and Wembley run up to them in a panic from the north end of the Great Hall.

Boober (highly agitated): Doom! Despair! Oh, woe!

Wembley (trying to copy Boober’s attitude): Woe!

Boober (grabs Gobo): It’s the end of the world as we know it!

Wembley (nods): As we know it!

Boober (whips around, curtly to Wembley): Stop that!

Wembley (lowers head): Sorry.

Gobo (trying to pry Boober’s hands off his shirt): Okay, okay, Boober. Now, what’s the big danger this time?

Red (her head popping out of the Fraggle Pond): Uncle Matt must be coming back!

Gobo (angrily to Red): Cut that out, Red! You don’t have half the bravery of my Uncle Matt!

Red (laughs haughtily): Oh-ho! You’re right, Gobo – I have triple the bravery of your uncle! *giggles* Of course, so does everyone else in the Rock – except maybe Wembley.

Wembley (to Gobo): Yeah! *pauses, to Red* Huh?

Boober (to Gobo): All of your maps are missing!

Gobo: What? How did they get “missing”?

Wembley: Well, see, Boober and I were looking for new stuff and we needed to kinda borrow the maps and then we found this really neat nest of spiderflies, but then that scary sucker moth showed up and tried to suck up all the spiderflies, so I used the maps --.

Gobo (trying to remain calm): Just … tell … me … what … happened.

Boober (gulps): We … sorta … lost control when the wind blew all the maps down a ravine.

Gobo (sighs): Is that it?

Boober and Wembley (look at each other)

Gobo: What else could there be?

Wembley (trying to sound unworried): Oh, well, it’s really nothing. Except --.

Boober (backs away a couple of feet): We, uh, also … happened to notice … *whispers* Uncle Matt’s postcards are missing from your room.

Gobo (jumps up and nearly falls into the Fraggle Pond): WHAT?

Wembley (meekly): Y-y-y-you’re not mad at us, are you, Gobo?

Gobo (suddenly calm): Why, no, Wembley. Whatever is there to be mad about?

Wembley (sighs with relief): Whew! That’s good! I was beginning to think you would be really angry about us losing all of your maps and now the collection of your uncle’s most cherished memories of explorations of Outer Space is missing ….

Gobo (lunges toward Wembley and Boober, who scream, but Red jumps out of the Pond and bear hugs him to keep him from killing them)

End cinema.

An in-game conversation then begins.

Gobo (still being held in place by Red): Go down that ravine and get my maps back, Boober!

Boober (cowering behind a stalagmite): You’re the explorer, Gobo! Wouldn’t it be safer if you went to go find them? I mean, it is your job to explore. I’d just come down with hives or something.

Wembley (starts to walk away, whistling)

Gobo (growling): You’re coming with me, Wembley.

Wembley (stops abruptly): What? Why me?

Gobo (is finally let go by Red): You were there when they got lost. You can help me find them. Fraggle Rock is huge. There are nearly infinite tunnels and caves to search.

Boober: Well, not really.

Gobo (to Boober): What does that mean?

Boober (twirling his scarf in his fingers): Well, it turns out that some tunnels and caves are now blocked off by some awful wall of air. *points to a tunnel with a pipe coming out of it and emptying into the Fraggle Pond* That’s pretty much the only tunnel we can use.

Wembley: Don’t forget the Falling Rock Zone Tunnel.

Boober (nods): Right.

Red (alarmed): But that means I can’t get back to my room! What about Mokey? She’s still feeding Lanford!

Gobo: Red, we’ll work on one mystery at a time.

Red (puts hands on hips): And your uncle’s silly postcards are more important than my room?

Gobo (turns away, grabbing Wembley by the shirt): Much more. My Uncle Matt’s postcards are part of Fraggle lore. Your room is just a place to put all your exercise equipment.

Red (grabs Gobo angrily): You --!

Boober (pries her away): We’ll try another way, Red. Let’s go get Mokey and Gobo and Wembley can get the maps and postcards back.

At last, you gain control of Gobo. Wembley will tag along. If you have Audio Assistance checked from the Main Menu, Wembley will comment on various things to help you navigate.

There are four main tunnels connecting to the Great Hall. There is a pipe that leads from the Fraggle Pond to a tunnel entrance on the west (or left) side of the Great Hall. This tunnel shall be henceforth named Pipe Tunnel, as it is the only one with pipes in it. After heading into the tunnel from the entrance, the tunnel itself runs north-south. First, we shall head north. Wembley will comment on the pipes and any little critters they run across, such as inkspots and toe ticklers. Eventually, the pipes will turn left abruptly. Following them will lead to the Brick Tunnel which ends up in a small cave just behind Doc’s wall where a Fraggle Hole is located. If Gobo approaches the Fraggle Hole, the hole darkens as a wooden box blocks it.

Doc’s voice: I’m telling you, Sprocket – I’m not calling Ms. Ardath.

Sprocket’s voice (whimpers)

Doc’s voice: I’ll move that box as soon as I get the bench straightened up, so stop your whimpering.

When the pipes go left, there is another tunnel heading northwest. It leads to Echo Hole, which is a long vertical shaft. A narrow rock bridge arches over the round deep cavern.

Gobo: Careful, Wembley. If we lose our balance, it’s a long way down.

Wembley: How long?

Gobo: Do you know how many seasons the World’s Oldest Fraggle has lived?

Wembley: Yeah….

Gobo: If a Fraggle foot is like a season, it’s that long.

Wembely: What about a Fraggle thumb?

Gobo (sighs): Wembley….

A command prompt will appear as Gobo and Wembley go across the bridge. If they are tilting, commands for either L1 or L2 will appear. The player has only a few seconds to press the correct button in order to keep Gobo from falling. Falling is instant Game Over, where the Storyteller will sing a sad ballad about Gobo and Wembley falling into Echo Hole. The tunnel that connects Pipe Tunnel to Echo Hole will be called Echo Tunnel. Echo Tunnel continues past Echo Hole and begins to branch on the left and right. This is the start of the Great Outer Maze, which is a large square cave with lots of branching paths and several mirk monsters, which are gigantic bony creatures that live in crevices, their spindly hands grabbing any Fraggle that lurks too long in front of them. However, they have a hard time fitting a Fraggle through the crevice, so soon the Fraggle is released.

Fraggles can be injured in this game. Each time a Fraggle is injured, a new bandage appears somewhere on his or her body. When they’re wrapped up like a mummy, it’s Game Over, though unless otherwise specified, Game Over will be a screen of the heavily injured Fraggle resting uncomfortably in his or her bed. Fraggle foods and medicines can be used to recover health. Some can be found in nooks along tunnels. Others can be found in the Fraggle Kitchen, but it is not accessible yet.

The northeast corner of the Great Outer Maze has a cave blocked by a large boulder. This is where the Invisible Gargoyle is trapped. There are struggling noises behind this boulder. Several yards from this is a similar boulder, but no sounds come from it when approached. The one that holds the Invisible Gargoyle also has an accompanying prompt to push the boulder away. Doing so starts a sub-mission where you must re-trap the Invisible Gargoyle and avoid getting other Fraggles hurt, preferably by keeping it away from the Great Hall. This will become more complicated as more tunnels become accessible later in the game.

The western wall, along the midpoint, of the Great Outer Maze is the Terrible Tunnel, which is perpendicular to the western Maze wall. Getting trapped in the Terrible Tunnel, hitting the back of the cave, is another instance of a Game Over where the Storyteller will sing a sad ballad regarding your loss.

There is a small tunnel, in the middle of which is a small cave containing Balancing Boulder, which will be named Maze Tunnel. It leads to Falling Rock Tunnel, which is the other main tunnel.

Falling Rock Tunnel is a long tunnel starting in the northwest corner of the Great Hall. It has several Doozer-made signs showing falling rocks. Also, there are boulders that fall from various angles in the ceiling and the walls of the tunnel. It will only take four hits to incapacitate a Fraggle. It heads northwest before turning east. When it turns east, the falling rocks stop. The tunnel continues east in a straight line and has caves belonging to the older Fraggles. The first one on the left is Storyteller’s room, which is the only one with a thin stone door. On the right, several yards from Storyteller’s, is World’s Oldest Fraggle’s room, which is very plain. At the very end is Convincing John’s room, which has curtains hanging in front of three small nooks in his room. Each Fraggle can be talked to in his or her room two times for two different conversations in each episode.

Storyteller Conversation 1:
Storyteller: I take it you two are here for a story?

Gobo (nods): Yes, I need to know how to find Matt’s postcards, Storyteller. They’re lost.

Storyteller (sighs happily): Oh, that handsome Fraggle. He’s always going on adventures.

Wembley (whispers to Gobo): This might take her awhile.

Storyteller Conversation 2:
Storyteller (curtly): You’re not going to leave before the end of the story, are you?

Wembley: Of course not! This is an important quest!

Storyteller (nods): Okay! Well, the other day, when Matthew Fraggle was going in and out of the tunnels to that T. Matthew Fraggle room he discovered with you, young Gobo, he found --.

Gobo: The postcards?

Storyteller (angrily): No! You young Fraggles are always interrupting! Why don’t you go find those postcards yourself?

World’s Oldest Conversation 1:
World’s Oldest (snoring)

Gobo: Hm. Guess he’s not going to be much help. I wonder what he knows about Uncle Matt’s postcards.

World’s Oldest Conversation 2:
World’s Oldest (pacing the room)

Gobo: Uh, excuse me? Do you know where my Uncle Matt’s postcards are?

World’s Oldest: Eh? Why, if it isn’t Matthew Fraggle. *pause* Dyed your hair, huh? You always were the colorful type, Matt.

Gobo (chuckles uncomfortably): Actually, uh, World’s Oldest Fraggle --.

World’s Oldest: No, that’s me. You’re Matt.

Gobo: No, I’m Gobo.

World’s Oldest: I know that! *bops Gobo on the snout with a stick*

Convincing John Conversation 1:

Gobo: Uh, Convincing John, I was hoping you could --.

Convincing John (begins to sing, with accompaniment from the Fragglettes): Now listen to me, Fraggles, what you’re looking for is a gaggle! You can search all of Fraggle Rock until you’re blue!

Fragglettes: You’re blue!

Wembley: Well, green.

Convincing John: But there’s a mighty day a-comin’, when all the Fraggles will be hummin’, that findin’ all those postcards are what you gotta do!

Fragglettes: Gotta do!

Convincing John Conversation 2:
Convincing John and the Fragglettes (singing): Listen to Convincing John! All your troubles will be gone! He’s gonna tell it, spell it, sell it – just for you! Listen to Convincing John! All your troubles will be gone! He’s gonna tell it, spell it, sell it – just for you!

In each episode, there are five postcards that can be found. This episode won’t end until you’ve found all five, but in other episodes, it is more of a side mission. Each postcard you collect unlocks a video in the Extras menu, showing Uncle Matt clips from the show.

One postcard can be found in a nook in Pipe Tunnel. Another one can be found near the hole to Outer Space. A third one can be found near the bridge in Echo Hole. A fourth one is just inside the Terrible Tunnel’s mouth. A fifth is in the Storyteller’s room. Upon collecting the fifth one, a cinema starts.

Cinema:
In Doc’s workshop, Doc enters as Sprocket awaits him from his doggie bed.

Doc (smiling): I’ve been such a fool, boy.

Sprocket (wags tail)

Doc (nods): Yes. You see, I just met Betty on the way home. She said she bought some new doorknobs. I was getting so upset over my keys not working that I failed to notice. She’s trying to improve the look of the Captain’s Inn. *chuckles* She left me new keys under my doormat.

Sprocket (barks happily)

Doc (grins): And to think – I thought I was getting fired. *rubs Sprocket’s head* It just goes to show you, Sprocket – some things are never lost … they just haven’t been found yet. *chuckles*

Sprocket (nods, tail wagging)

End cinema.
Trophy: The Other Day
Complete Episode 1.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
EPISODE 2: AND ALL THAT STUFF

Cinema:

Sprocket (shoves a huge trunk across the floor of the workshop)

Doc (notices, smiling, as he’s at the drawing board across from the Fraggle Hole): Found the ol’ family treasure chest, eh, Sprocket? *nods towards the door* Just put it over by the door, boy.

Sprocket (wags his tail as he stops pushing, barking questioningly)

Doc (sighs): Well, boy, there comes a time in a man’s life when the leaves fall off the trees and all that’s left is the pile you have to rake up.

Sprocket: Huh?

Doc: It’s a beautiful thing to keep all sorts of stuff, Sprocket. They’re tangible memories that help you realize your life wasn’t just a dream. It was all real. *looks away nostalgically* What sort of things mean the most to you, Sprockie?

The scene fades out and fades back in at the Great Hall. Red is staring at the window from her and Mokey’s cave, which is situated halfway up the Great Hall across from Pipe Tunnel. Cotterpin drives up in her scooter on a Doozer bridge nearby.

Cotterpin: Hiya, Red. Whatcha doin’?

Red (still staring, nodding slightly): Mokey’s trapped in my room, Cotterpin. How am I gonna get up there?

Cotterpin (nods): I know how you feel, Red. Those strange air currents are making constructing very difficult. A Doozer just has to complete construction projects, or the whole day seems wasted!

Red (snaps her fingers, turns to Cotterpin): Hey, Cotterpin … can the Doozers build me a ladder so we can go rescue Mokey? There’s no telling what Lanford will do if she’s in there too long.

Cotterpin (dryly): Just because it’s a carnivorous plant doesn’t mean Lanford’s gonna eat your best friend, Red.

Red: There’s no telling what that big leafy mouth is capable of! I have to save her! *snatches Cotterpin up* You’re gonna help.

Cotterpin (squirming): Put me down! I’m not in your stupid helping club anymore, remember, Red?

Red (whining): But you have to help!

Cotterpin (shakes head): I have to do no such thing! You’re the Rock’s best rock-climber. *points at the cave wall* There’s a big rock. So go climb it and leave me alone!

Red (gently places Cotterpin back on her scooter): It never occurred to me to just climb up the walls.

Cotterpin (sighs)

Red (grabs Cotterpin again and puts the Doozer on her shoulder): You’re coming with me.

Cotterpin (protesting): Hey!

End cinema.

As Red, you are the most athletic of the Fraggles. You can swim, climb, and pull heavy objects. Each of the Fraggle characters you will portray have different abilities. Gobo automatically makes maps of where he goes, climbs, and automatically obtains nearby items. Red’s abilities have just been mentioned. Other Fraggles and their abilities will be noted as they are introduced as playable characters.

The Great Hall is roughly forty feet high, so Red has a lot to do to get to her window. There are several rock hand-holds on the wall, but they don’t lead from the ground to the window. Red must utilize different areas of the Great Hall in order to get high enough. Cotterpin’s job is to comment on possible paths and the structural integrity of various objects.

Red will go to the northern side of the Great Hall and climb the four ledges, either by grabbing rocks that jut out of the ledges or by climbing vines, though vines can snap if held too long. Once on the top ledge, Red can hop to several rock pillars and the rock arches, making her way to the southern side of the Great Hall. A couple of vines here and there will help her make longer gaps. There are several Doozer structures and paths that Red can land on as she works her way to the southern wall, but they break quickly under Fraggle weight. Red must use rocks jutting out of the wall to climb and work her way to the left, or east. A few vine climbs and she finally makes it to Red and Mokey’s cave.

Cinema:

Mokey (painting, notices a frazzled Red climb into the window): Red! Why didn’t you just come through the door?

Red (pants for a few moments): I … I can’t get there from the Great Hall! Something’s blocking it off from the rest of the Rock!

Cotterpin (fatigued): May I go now? I’m pretty sure I’ve used up my lunch break. The Architect’ll be furious if I miss my shift again. *Red sets her down* Thanks.

Mokey (chuckles dreamily): Oh, Red … I see those wind currents as opportunities, not obstacles.

Red (frowns): Mokey … if you can’t get somewhere because of something, isn’t that something an obstacle?

Mokey (grins): You managed to get here, didn’t you? *giggles* And it looked you went through quite an adventure to get in.

Red (amazed): It really doesn’t bother you that you weren’t able to leave our room? What about Boober? What about getting us radishes from the Gorg’s Garden?

Mokey (gently puts a hand on Red’s shoulder): Oh, Red … when you reach the end of one song, you simply sing another!

Red: Huh?

Mokey: It’s something I learned when I tried to join Cantus and the Minstrels. They taught me to let my inner ‘ping’ guide me. No matter how long or arduous the journey, as long as you follow your heart, you’ll always end up where you, uh, end up. *laughs, embarrassed*

Red (sighs, shaking her head)

Mokey (sings): When you long for the height of the mountains, when you long for the blue … leave your heart where it’s deep and it’s down again. Lose your heart ‘til it’s new. *instrumentals begin as random inkspots and other creatures just pop in during the chorus and sing as well* Seek your heart on the high blue skyway --.

Red (interrupts): Mokey, I don’t want to follow the sky. I just wanted to rescue you from Lanford!

Lanford (blows a raspberry)

Mokey (still singing): Keep your heart and it’s bound! Steep your heart in the deep of the earth again. Lose your heart and it’s found. Lose your heart and it’s found. Lose your heart and it’s found!

Red (as the song ends): Mokey …. *sees the different creatures scurry away* Where did they even come from, anyway? *returns her attention to Mokey* Mokey? How can you be so calm? Fraggles are getting separated from each other! Didn’t you miss us at all?

Mokey (shrugs): I have your stuff to keep me company.

Red: My stuff?

Mokey (nods cheerfully): It reminds me of all the great times we’ve had. You’re never far away as long as I have a part of you to keep me company. *rushes to her painting* In fact, that’s what this painting is all about. I’m painting a still life about something very dear to each one of us. *turns to Red* You wouldn’t do me an eensie-weensie favor, would you? As you can see, I’ve already painted Lanford and your Tug-of-Tails trophy. Can you find some other things for me to paint? Just head over to a Fraggle’s cave and maybe you can find something to bring back. *giggles and glomps Red* Oh, thank you so much! You’re a big help!

Red (groans)

End cinema.

A new section has opened up. The tunnel in the southeastern corner of the Great Hall will be known as Fern tunnel, as it is accented with lots of different colored-ferns throughout. It meanders generally to the northeast. Fern Tunnel curves five times from the Great Hall opening. At the very end of the tunnel is a large “Do Not Exit” sign blocking an opening that seems to open to a musty marsh area.

From the Great Hall, several feet into the tunnel on the left is the Kitchen. Boober can be seen busily cooking in a large iron kettle. A sub-mission can be accessed by talking to him in the Kitchen. The player will then have to find ingredients for Boober, who will make food or medicine for you. You can also give food or medicine to other Fraggles. After obtaining ten food items and ten medicines, you will earn the TROPHY: I’M A LITTLE STEWPOT.

Further into Fern Tunnel, past the Kitchen, is Boober’s Cave, which has a blanket for a door. Inside Boober’s Cave, Red can find the Perfect Blue Rollie, which glistens. All items meant to go to Mokey will not only glisten, but a small musical cue will alert you. In this case, a few notes from Pass It On will play once you obtain it.

After the first curve in the path, on the southern side of the tunnel (right), are several Fraggle rooms. The first is Large Marvin’s and Feeny’s room. Obtain a pail full of crackers and a few notes from Sweet, Sweet, Sweet Little Treat will play. Shortly thereafter is Tosh and Beastie’s room. Beastie is sleeping in the middle of the floor. A glittering bow is on its head. If you just grab it, Beastie will awaken and chase you out of the room and fall back asleep. Red will comment that it will take a lullaby to get it. A singing mini-game begins, using the song The Wind and the Pond and the Moon and Me (the lullaby she used on Lanford to make him flower). Like in the multiplayer game, it’s not so much singing the lyrics as having the correct pitch that will win. This serves as a sort of singing tutorial and only lasts one verse. A small cinema of Beastie stretching out on the floor and snoring will let you know you can grab the bow. A few bars from I’m Never Alone plays. Finally, just before the next curve is Marlon’s room. There is a small doll made of twigs and a gourd and represents Red herself. Take it and Red shudders and groans and Bring Back the Wonder plays for a few notes. Once taken, Marlon will randomly show up during Red-centric episodes and fanboy her relentlessly, though he can be sent away by winning his racing challenges.

Just after the curve, another tunnel is oriented north-south. This is Crystal Tunnel and is lined with the occasional glowing crystal. Heading south in Crystal Tunnel, the first cave on the right is Gobo and Wembley’s room. There are two items for Mokey here. One is a picture of Uncle Matt. A few bars from Follow Me play. The other is Wembley’s only other banana tree shirt. A few bars from Pukka, Pukka, Pukka Squeetily Boink play.

Crystal Tunnel continues south and curves under Gobo and Wembley’s room. Just after the curve is Crystal Cavern to the left. It is a large cave with multicolored crystals and Rock Clingers, who then surround the Fraggle and can only be driven away with Bonkleberry Juice from the Kitchen. Just beyond the Crystal Cavern is the Lilly Cave, where there is a pond with lots of water lilies in it. The Playstation 3 has a clock and calendar. Every fifth and fifteenth of each month, the lilies will be in bloom and if just sit by the pond (as Red only) for several minutes, the Last of the Lilly Creatures will surface briefly, give Red a Rollie (a marble-sized pebble), and leave. There are ten different Rollies Red can collect, though naturally she can’t have the Perfect Blue Rollie, as Boober has it. Each rollie has a different color or pattern. When the player enters Red and Mokey’s room, one can see which Rollies she has collected on a shelf near Red’s hammock. Collect all ten and a cinema will play as the Fraggles sing Pass It On.

Back in Fern Tunnel, before Crystal Tunnel, the player heads north and curves back west and on the left is Red and Mokey’s room. If one wants a quick way to get to the Great Hall, one can use Red’s hammock slingshot-style and land in the Fraggle Pond in the Great Hall if you’re Red or in various cushiony piles (such as pillows or something) for the other characters. Use Red’s hammock as Red and land in the Fraggle Pond and earn the TROPHY: A CAVE OF ONE’S OWN.

Past Red and Mokey’s room, Fern Tunnel ends and another tunnel splits off to the east. Halfway between the beginning of what is called Gorg Tunnel and the exit to the Gorg’s Garden is the Cave of Boredom. There are multiple large red flowers with vines that snatch your legs and hold you tight. A yellow cloud of pollen erupts from each flower. Stay there and abilities start to disappear and can only be regained by getting some bleach nuts from Boober in the Kitchen. Stay there too long and you will get eaten, followed by a Game Over where the Storyteller bewails your fate.

Red can also head to the rooms of the Fraggles already mentioned. Go to the Storyteller’s room and take a book. A few notes from The Ballad of Sir Blunderbrain play. Take a jacket from Convincing John’s room and a few bars of his theme will play. Take the World’s Oldest’s staff and a few bars from If It Happened to You play. Now that you’ve taken something from everyone’s room, return to Mokey.

Cinema:

Mokey works on the painting as the scene transitions to Doc’s Workshop.

Doc (staring at a pile of objects Sprocket has put on the workbench): I see you have quite a few things that mean a lot to you, eh, Sprockie?

Sprocket (barks in affirmation, continuing to pile stuff on the workbench, then stares expectantly at Doc and pats the workbench)

Doc (confused): What is it, boy?

Sprocket (points to Doc and then pats the workbench again)

Doc (laughs, rubbing the top of Sprocket’s head): Oh, I mean a great deal to you, Ol’ Boy?

Sprocket (nods and barks)

Doc (laughs, hugs Sprocket): Well, you mean the world to me, too.

The scene transitions to the completed painting hanging in the Great Hall as all the Fraggles stare at it in appreciation.

End cinema.

TROPHY: IT’S JUST A PEBBLE
Complete Episode 2.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
EPISODE 3: THE FRAGGLE PRINCESS

Cinema:

Doc (snoozes on a lawn chair out on the porch of his home, with Sprocket watching as people walk by, the sounds of the ocean filling the air, seagulls flying overhead, etc)

Sprocket (perks up)

Doc (is startled awake, squinting): Boy? Who is that talking over there?

Sprocket (making lovey-dovey kissy-kissy faces, then snickers)

Doc (sighs, irritated): Yes, I know it’s Ms. Ardath. I’m asking about the man talking to her.

Sprocket (shrugs): I’unno.

Doc (stands, flustered): I should go right over there.

Sprocket (glances up at Doc, making a fighting pose helpfully)

Doc (shakes his head, smiling): No … I suppose I don’t want to go over there like some jealous boyfriend.

Sprocket: Areyouuuu?

Doc (blushing, even more flustered): Of course I’m not some jealous boyfriend, Sprocket! *paces on the porch* She has a right to see anyone she wishes! I haven’t proposed to her or anything like that! *more quietly* We’re just good friends.

Sprocket (nods dryly, not believing him, tail wagging): Huh.

The scene cuts to the living room of the Gorg Castle. Junior Gorg is sitting at a table sadly, playing with his two Fraggle dolls (the salt and pepper shakers that look like Mokey and Gobo).

Pa (enters the living room from the exterior): Junior! Stop playing with a bunch of toys an’ start tryin’ on the royal armor for size!

Junior (moping): Aw, Paw … why do I gotta do dat?

Pa (shakes head, slapping Junior’s back, startling him): Because that mysterious shadow with the magic flute helped you realize what a great king you’ll be, boy. He got you ta play that Gorg Royal Kazoo with style. *chuckles* I’m … I’m real proud of ya, boy. *sighs* As King, you’ll get to do all that you wanna do.

Junior (shrugs): Why do I need ta be King to do dat?

Pa (stares at him with squinty eyes): Now, don’t go actin’ like you don’t wanna be King, Junior. You’ve been wantin’ to be a great king in a line of great kings ever since you could shake a rattle! You’re finally getting your chance! What’s there to gripe about now?

Junior (glances hopefully at Pa): You wouldn’t happen ta have Peas of Powah, would ya, Pa?

Pa (stares blankly for a few moments, then chuckles mischievously): Can’t wait ta contribute to th’ ol’ family line, eh, boy? *chuckles again* Well, yer gonna have ta find you a bona fide Princess. I know Gorg tradition says a princess will spring from the Peas of Power, but … heheheheh *elbows Junior* … confidentially, jus’ between you an’ me, my boy … wooin’ a Princess is much more fun than growin’ one.

End cinema, fade-out.

Fade-in. An in-game conversation starts. Mokey and Red Fraggle are sitting in their room, with Red dressed in a metal helmet and a purple cape.

Mokey (sighs): Aren’t you tired of playing such violent stories, Red?

Red (starts leaping around, brandishing a wooden sword): What does slaying dragons and rescuing princes have to do with violence?

Mokey (sighs)

Red (grabs Mokey and stands her up): C’mon, Mokey. It’s high time you get your tail out of the paint bucket and go have an adventure!

Mokey is the playable character this time around. Her abilities are dodging traps, calming hostile characters, and taking food from the Gorg’s Garden without arousing Junior’s attention. The last short tunnel on the southern wall of the Great Hall has opened up. It consists of a small path with a fork. The left tunnel is Matt’s Tunnel, where some engravings of him and an arrow pointing to the T. Matthew Fraggle Room are on the tunnel walls. The right tunnel is Bland Tunnel, with no vegetation or other markings whatsoever. It leads to Fraggle Cave. However, both areas are blocked off. Only by downloading areas off the internet can they be used. The T. Matthew Fraggle Room will lead to various sub-missions in Outer Space, such as avoiding getting trampled in a greyhound race, doing scavenger hunts based off of Matt’s hints, and trying to get noticed by Silly Creatures by interacting with the environment or by finding something that might cheer them up. Fraggle Cave will be a place where the Cave’s Oldest Fraggle will give you chores and give you rare items for doing so.

The T. Matthew Fraggle Room will supply these trophies:

TROPHY: THEY JUST WANT TO BE FRIENDS
Get to the finish line of the greyhound race without getting caught by the dogs.

TROPHY: FOLLOW ME
Obtain all items in all available scavenger hunt missions.

TROPHY: YOU’RE A YOU, AREN’T YOU?
Get noticed by Silly Creatures five times.

It would also be nice if there were other Henson-related scenes that could be used for Matt’s stuff, such as Moya’s bridge, a stone Maze, and the Mystic’s village.

At any rate, Mokey will be joined by Red. While Mokey’s ability to dodge traps is useful, poor Red might get hurt by them. Also, Mokey can get Red to do athletic stuff she can’t, such as climb a ledge to get an item or something.

You can also now go out into the Gorg’s Garden. You can’t get into the castle, but the Garden and its vegetables, a flower garden, the Well, the Tool Shed, a Gazebo, and Kissing Rock with the Trash Heap behind it are available for exploration. In the middle of the Garden, stretching from the Well to halfway across the area, is a stone retaining wall that can be used to stay out of the sight of Junior, who will try to catch/thump Fraggles, particularly if you try to get food from the Garden. There also the giant plants that can be used to hide from him. Also, Junior doesn’t see what goes on around the Trash Heap, so it’s safe from his prying eyes.

TO BE CONTINUED….