1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Fraggle Rock Threadless T-Shirt Contest

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Heya! One more Threadless entry! I had to do one this time that was more of an explanation of Fraggle ecology! I bet theres loads of other things I could have crammed in there, but this was all I could remember!

http://thrdl.es/~/2bic

Please give it a score if you have a chance!! Thank you so much!!

2. Enginerd

Enginerd Member

How long did it take for everyone's designs to show up on the site? I'm impatiently waiting for mine to show up...

3. Psammeadboi

Psammeadboi Active Member

I entered as well! Here is my design! :excited:

If you love it, go vote for it here: Perfect Harmony
    Remember to vote and leave a comment about how much you would love to own this shirt!

Thanks for your support!

[​IMG]

I really wanted to create a design that captured the connectedness of all the wonderful, amazing, and magical creatures that inhabit the rock and extensions thereof! After all, Fraggle Rock is really about the perfect harmony between everything and everyone.

If people are interested, I can post a high res image showing the details. There are 46 characters in there!

Thanks for your support and dance your cares away!

4. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I like this image! What I can see of it. It drives me nuts that I can't zoom in on it and see what all is going on. It looks like the radishes are called "beets." I must be misreading that, but I can't figure out what I ought to be seeing.

5. Melonpool

Melonpool Active Member

6. AHHHH man!!! I actually was eating Beets while making this and forgot they're radishes!! Ahh I'm so dumb!!

Oh! But I posted it to my DA account with a higher quality version.

I do hate how Threadless doesn't allow for a higher quality image. :sigh:

7. I saw this entry and just thought: "Well there you have it! There's the clear winner!" I like how you didn't color in anything besides the main Fraggle 5! It really helps out with the clarity!. So good!

8. Sometimes Threadless entries have taken only a day, other times like 5-6 days! I don't know why!

9. Slackbot

*laughs* We all have goofy brain farts. Mine usually take the form of embarrassing typos in my fic, such as misspelling Doc's name as "Dog" and a certain Minstrel's name as "Canus." (Maybe he's a were-Fraggle.)

Thanks for the higher-res version. I wish the contest included the possibility of posters, because I'd hang this on my wall.

10. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

So ToughPigs.com is reviewing them all! http://www.toughpigs.com/fr-threadless-1/

....and they turned the review of my first one into another plug for their friend and claimed "everyone and their mother" came up with the idea, even though I've got the only other entry that coincidentally came up with it. Wow...classy. It's times like this I remember why I like Muppet Central more.:shifty:...Sorry, that's just been bugging me, it's just unnecessary.

By the way, nice! :D Always wanted something with Begoony on it.

11. Ahhh I can't wait for the complaints about my mislabeled Beets/Radish piece!!! (That was a little sarcasm).

Twisted Tails and Mr.Penguin like this.
  12. Psammeadboi

Psammeadboi Active Member

I was always wanted something with the more obscure characters from Fraggle Rock, too! That's where the inspiration came from as well for this design. I mean, who doesn't want Mudwell AND Begoony on the same shirt!

Twisted Tails and Mr.Penguin like this.
  13. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

Agreed!:excited: I tried to that with my last entry too, though you can't see them as well..or as colorful..ly.
    I don't want to dwell on this any longer but I will say that saying "our friend knocked it out of the park, it's incredible and a great idea" is a positive review even if they don't put "5" after it. I don't care about the points because it's just their opinion, but I wanted to say something somewhere since he went out of his way to make his review of mine that said "our poor friend, everyone copied his idea, but I guess this is alright too." I just thought that was an unnecessary crack. I liked how they went through the first Threadless Muppet contest better, where they actually didn't review their friends, just put a little plug at the bottom. I just got upset because they're a popular major fan site and they kind of made me sound like I was ripping someone-they-want-to-win off. Plus, it's not like I can tell them I was offended so I wanted to blow off steam while letting people here know they were reviewing them if they were curious . I don't take the review seriously, it's the copycat bit that gets me.:grr:

Sorry about going off-topic like that though, I've cooled off about it since then. I'll back back out of the way for the rest of your guy's awesome entries! :concern:

lazesummestone likes this.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I gotta laugh at the second Tough Pigs article on this... he starts berating the Wembley with 2 Shirts piece and then all the sudden has to be reminded that it actually happened in an episode.

Mr.Penguin and Twisted Tails like this.
  15. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Because of my blind batty eyes, I look forward to reading through the toughpigs reviews. They may be short and I don't always get the point of it, but there are times that it makes me laugh like the composite Fraggle shadow that will haunt their nightmares or the comment about DC's New 52 superfluous costume lines.

*Shrugs and leaves radish bars for all the contest entrants that are here at MC. :jim:

16. Well, Tough-pigs Threadless-review said I shouldn't win cause I won (runner up) on the other Fraggle contest. Which is actually a point that was going to me make me initially pass the contest up.
    But then some of the people at Henson emailed encouraging me to enter, so that kinda made me think: "If THEY think it's okay, then it's okay with me!"

Mr.Penguin likes this.
  17. Slackbot

There's no "just" in that statement. :)

And you forgot the Christmas card.

18. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

19. Aww that's too bad that it didn't get ok'ed for the contest! I think a lot of it might have just been the medium you're using (colored pencils? I'm not sure). But they are always kind of light and the lines are kind of grey, so that doesn't print as well on T-shirts. But I like the design!

20. PDiddymus

PDiddymus Member

GopherCoffee and jvcarroll like this.