Fraggle Rock's very first stand up comedy show

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 1.

Wembley was very nervous about tonight, because it was the very first stand up comedy show that Fraggle Rock had ever had. He paced back and forth in his and Gobo's private cave, rehearsing the jokes he had for tonight. "Let's see, um......why did the Gorg throw the clock out the window? Because the bananna had appeal! Wait, that's not right, um.....Why did the...Gorg, and the bananna had....appeal and......oh no! I can't remember my joke! I'll never get through tonight." Just then, Gobo entered the cave, also nervous for tonight, because he was the emcee for the evening. So he was reading his opening. "Welcome ladies and gentlefraggles. Tonight is going to be a kneeslapping good time. [Wait for laugh.] In fact, tonight is going to be so hilarious, that......ugh. This is terrible. I'm going to rewrite this whole thing." Just as Gobo was scribbling on a new piece of paper, he saw Wembley sitting on his bed, with a depressed look on his face.

"Hey Wembley, what's wrong?" Wembley looked down and replied, "Oh, nothing Gobo. It's just that, well, I just know I will never remember my jokes for tonight." Gobo chuckled. "Oh Wembley, that's not a problem. You're not the only one performing tonight. In fact, Boober is going to do some stand up, and he is the stingiest Fraggle in all the rock!" This cheered up Wembley, and so, he jumped down from his bed and grabbed his cards where he wrote his jokes. "Thanks Gobo. You know just how to cheer someone up." With that, Wembley rushed out of the cave to practice his jokes some more. Gobo continued to write his opening. "Hey hey hey!! Welcome to the funny furry Fraggle show!!!" Gobo frowned. "Boy, I may be a great explorer, but I don't know the first thing of hosting a comedy show."

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 2

Many Fraggles were waiting in anticipation for the show. For weeks, it was the talk of the rock, and tonight was the night. After a while, Gobo entered stage right in front of a large curtain. The audience cheered wildly. "Yay Gobo!" "You da Fraggle Gobo!" "Hey cutie!" "Gobo!" Gobo blushed from the cheering he received. He cleared his throat and began. "Ahem. Good evening ladies and gentlefraggles. For tonight, I hope you brought some ice cream, because you are going to "split" your sides!" [Rimshot] In the audience, there was absolutely no response. Gobo continued. "Uh....but no worries, hey, have you heard about the wacky party that a couple of fraggles had a few days ago? Well, uh...let's see. Gobo took a look at his cue cards again, and they were getting smeared up by his sweaty palms. "Uh, I don't remember how the joke went, but the one fraggle said to the other, "You got eggnog in my radish milk!"" [Rimshot] You could hear a fraggle cough in the audience. "Uh ahem....alrighty! Let's get things started! First up is Large Marvin and Feeny Fraggle." The fraggles cheered as the curtains opened and Large Marvin and Feeny entered.
"Hey Ffffffeeny!"
"Yes Large Melinda?"
"Marvin, Large Marvin."
"Oh yeah, I forgot."
"What do you get when you cross a gorg with a doozer?"
"I don't know Large Moron. What do you get?"
"Marvin!"
"What? I don't get it."
"No, it's Large Marvin!"
"I still don't get it."
"No no no. You...never mind. All right, what has large fangs, and smells like a rose?"
"Uh....hmmmm....let me see....what has large roses, and smells like fangs...."
"No, you have it backwards!"
"Backwards?"
"Yes!"
"Oh sorry. ...sgnaf ekil sllems dna, sesor egarl sah tahw...ees em tel....mmmmh...hU!" [Rimshot]
"Feeny, you are taking this too literally!"
"Oh, I didn't mean to take it! I would give it back if I knew where literally was."
"Oh brother."
"This comedy thing is to complicated Large moo moo."
"For the last time, it's Large..whoa!!"
Before he could finish, a large cane drug Feeny and Large Marvin off the stage. The audience was laughing histerically. Gobo came back on the stage in front of the closed curtains. "Well, that was a hoot. In fact, see my shirt?" He pointed to his rip in his shirt that has patched up. "It had me in stitches!" [Rimshot] Once again, the audience had barely a reaction. Red and Mokey were sitting in the audience and sadly shook their heads. "Poor Gobo. He may be a great explorer, but he is one lousy joke teller," Red stated. "I agree Red. I agree." Mokey replied.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 3

Gobo introduced the next performer. "Let's give a big fraggle welcome to Morris Fraggle!" The fraggles cheered for Morris as the curtains opened. Morris cleared his throat as was about to begin, but Large Marvin and Feeny ran onto the stage. "Hey wait a minute! Fffffeeny and I got it right now! Hey Ffffeeny!"
"Yes Large Metropolis?"
"MARVIN!"
"I'm sorry, but I just don't get it."
Gobo went on stage and interupted. "Hey guys, Morris has the stage now. You already had your chance." Morris agreed by nodding silently.
"But Gobo, we have the best joke!"
"Yeah, me and Large Milk Carton are hilarious."
Marvin took Feeny by the shirt and shook him. "MARVIN! MARVIN! MARVIN!"
Gobo just sighed. "Look you guys, maybe later."
Marvin pleaded. "Please Gobo? We have a song."
Gobo shrugged his shoulders and said, "Alright, but Morris will have to join you guys." Morris nodded his head.
"Alright! Hit it guys!" Music started playing and Marvin, Feeny, and Morris started to dance.
"I'm Marvin!"
"I'm Feeny!"
Morris held up a sign that said "I'm Morris!"
"We're three of a kind!"
"I'm a little bit forward!"
"And I got a big behind!"
"Take it Morris!"
Morris barely opened his mouth, but just then, a cane came out and drug all three off the stage. The curtains closed and Gobo came out in front of them again. "Well, that was interesting. But hey, did you hear about the goldfish that went broke? Now he's a bronze fish!" [Rimshot] No reaction again. Gobo sighed and continued on with the show. But just then, in outer space, a elephant and a king prawn were playing cards, when the king prawn sensed something was wrong.
"What's wrong Pepe?"
"I'm not sure hokay? But I sensed a copyright infringment in the force, hokay?"

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 4

"Well then, everybody put your hands together, for the laundry washing, dish cooking, one of a kind fraggle, Boober!" The fraggles cheered, and some had socks attached to sticks, waving them like flags, with Tosh fraggle leading them in cheer. "Boober, boober, he's our fraggle! If he can't do it, we......uh.........go Boober!!" Boober was a little hesitant in going on stage, but seeing Tosh cheering him on gave him a heartful of courage.

"Oh, uh, hello everybody. Is everybody ready to laugh?" The fraggles cheered even louder. "O.K., so this one gorg is sitting on a barrel of benooly berries, and...oh boy, uh...." At this point, Boober became scared by seeing all the faces of his friends and fellow fraggles watching his every move. "Well, uh...WHOA!!" When Marvin was on the stage earlier, a bananna peel fell out of his pocket, and Boober has slipped on it. A gasp and a hushed silence fell over the large audience of fraggles. Then, a snicker started to grow, then a few chuckles, then laughter fell over the group, and the fraggles couldn't stop laughing. Regaining his composure, Boober noticed the laughter, and then looked at the bananna peel.

"That's it! I found my muse!" So then, Boober stood up with confidence and started to tell another joke. "So this doozer walked into a cave, and WHOA!!" He slipped on the bananna peel again and the fraggles just lost it. Boober slipped on the bananna peel a few more times, and the fraggles were holding their sides, trying to control their laughter.

"Thank you very much! Thank you!" The fraggles gave Boober a thunderous ovation. Tosh ran over to Boober when he left the stage, and gave him a huge hug. "Boober, you were hilarious!" Boober couldn't help but blush. Gobo came back in front of the curtains and was wiping away some tears, due to his laughing.

"I didn't know that Boober had that in him. And speaking of which, I had a radish sandwich earlier, but the radishes were not as ripe as I thought. Boy was my face red!" [Rimshot] Surprising to Gobo, laughter was heard from the audience. It was his uncle Traveling Matt, guffawing at his bad joke. He nudged a fraggle next to him. "He got his sense of humor from me!" Red shook her head and responded quietly, "I'm not surprised."

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 5

Gobo continued on with introducing the next act. "Well then, how do you guys like the show so far?" The audience cheered wildly. "How do you like my jokes so far?" A geezerly fraggle, known as the world's oldest fraggle, stood up. "I'll tell you what I think of them. I think they would be funnier if you wore one of those stupid hats you wear!"
His right hand green fraggle, Henchy, tugged on the geezer fraggles robe.
"Please your elderlyship, just let him do his emceeing job."
"I am letting him do his emceeing job, radish breath!" With that, he bonked henchy on the nose with his staff.
"OW! What was that for?"
"For being a smartaleck!"
"But your social security eligible one...."
[Bonk]
"OW!"
The fraggles started laughing at this argument. Traveling Matt did not think this was amusing though.
Matt went over to the table they were sitting at and started to argue. "Now see here, my nephew Gobo is trying to put on a nice show for all these nice fraggles, so you two should sit down and be quiet."
"Who asked you?" replied the world's oldest fraggle.
"Nobody, I just want to watch the show."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah!"
Henchy tried to step in.
"Um...excuse me..."
"Stay out of this!" replied the elderly fraggles.
[Bonk]
"OW!"
"Hey now!"
[Bonk]
OW!
"You knucklehead!"
[Bonk]
The audience couldn't help but laugh at this three stooges argument. So Gobo went backstage, knowing the audience would be entertained for a little while. He saw Wembley having another one of his wemble attacks.
"What if the audience doesn't like me? What if I can't say my lines? What if I fall? Oh no!"
Gobo interveined. "Wembley! Calm down, you'll do fine."
"But Gobo, I....I don't know if I can do this."
Gobo smiled. "Don't worry. Everything will be fine. I promise." Gobo peeked out of the curtains to see what was happening. Henchy was chasing Matt and the world's oldest with the staff. "I think they are wrapping up now Wembley. You're on next."
Wembley gulped.