1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Fraggle songs that make you cry

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by SCOOTER_101, May 17, 2005.

1. SCOOTER_101

SCOOTER_101 New Member

Is there any Fraggle songs that really make you cry? There are quite a few of them for me here are some

Follow me: Usually the second time it's sung in the first episode, when Gobo is on his way to the Trasheap

Dreaming of someone: Sung by Red in "I want to be You"

Once upon of time I knew my name: This one really gets me bawling because I know exactly how Gobo feels when he's singing this. Iv'e been there before.

Brave alone, on my own sung by Wembley in The Beast of Blue Rock

How bout you guys? which songs on this show make you cry?

GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Goodbye ' from ' Manny's Land Of Carpets. That song always made me cry it was so sad.

' Peatles Of Rose. ' From ' Change Of Address ' This one also chokes me up when Gobo was singing it and Wembley was listeinging in. I knew how Gobo felt I had the saame thign happen to me.

" Magic Be With you " This was more of a happy sad then a sad sad, I loved the past where Gobo moved the Box and appeared. The look of happieness on Doc and Sprocket's face was priceless.

' It feels so near still so far ' From Fraggle Wars. This wasvery emotinial song as well. Kind of gave me a funny feeling at the beginning of the song where Boober said Gobo's not even born yet.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I may be a sisy, btu I almost end up cying in pretty much any Fraggle Song...Bring Back teh Wonder, Why, See the Beetle Sitting on a Stone....

GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

I'm surprised noone's mentioned "Shine on Me" yet, b/c that one ALWAYS gets me teary, especially at the beginning of the song. "Sunlight And Shadow" is another one...Mokey sounds just SOO sad. "Dreaming of Someone" ALWAYS makes me cry, as does "Bring Back the Wonder", mainly b/c they carry a personal significance for me.

EDIT: How could I forget "The Friendship Song"??? Another onew that is both incredibly moving & has a good deal of personal significance.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

"Friendship Song", and that "Time to Say Goodbye" one from "Catch A Tail By The Tiger."

GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Emosewa

Emosewa New Member

No Question

Boober singing "It Makes You Cry" from River of Life episode and everyone is sick. Number one sad song. Followed by "Petals of a Rose." :)

GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. Groverforever

Groverforever New Member

I was always obsessed with Cantis as a child...so I'd say my biggest "goosebumpy" moment was when he entered singing, "play me do"...(I think that's the name of it!)
    I actually adapted for guitar and used it in a class in college. It is such a beautiful Earth-friendly song...but what Muppet tune isn't?

:)

GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. Emosewa

Emosewa New Member

Actually Groverforever, its "Let me Be your song" which is very nice song. ^_^

GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. pigOnantibiotix

pigOnantibiotix New Member

mookey's 'why' from the preachification of convincing john.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Emosewa

Emosewa New Member

"Heart in a Hanky"," Goodbye", and "Petals of a Rose " are also songs that make me cry. It's funny, movies and regular stuff doesn't make me cry, but you add a sad song and I'm in tears. :cry:

GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Tosh

Tosh New Member

One song I heard today that I haven't thought of in a while is "I Don't Understand Him at All," sung by Gobo and Uncle Matt. I can't remember which episode this is from, though.

Also, I'll never forget watching the final episode for the first time...nothing beats "Magic" at the end of that episode.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. Mklonstage

Mklonstage New Member

the one that always gets me is "the friendship song"

GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. Effralyo

Effralyo Active Member

Let Me Be Your Song....
    *sobs*
    *under tears* Poor, poor, little, little Cantus!........ Aa...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........*sob* *sob*
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. Frags

Frags New Member

Hmm - there are quite a few.
    'Goodbye' always gets me going, and 'Petals of a Rose', 'The Friendship Song', 'Just a Dream Away', 'The Wind and the Pond and the Moon and Me', 'Bring Back the Wonder', 'Brave Alone', 'Sleep by the Light of the Moon', 'Sail Away' - loads of them make me cry, but these are the ones that spring to mind - I'm sure there are more though.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. Xela

Xela New Member

I know how you feel; I do the same thing.

Some of those songs just really make me think though...

GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. IluvGobo

IluvGobo New Member

'Petals Of The Rose' from ''Change Of Address''
    'Just A Dream Away' from ''Gone But Not Forgotten''
    'It Makes You Cry' from "The River Of Life"
    'Friendship Song' from "Marooned"
    'Fraggle Farewell' from "Fraggles Look For New Jobs"

Those songs always made me cry.:cry:

GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

"Once Upon A Time (I Knew My Name) - not only did this song make me cry, tears started to show (sniffs)
    The "Goodbye" song does mae me cry too. (I can;'t help being this sad.)

Thank you for mentioning this song, GopherCoffee. This first time I saw this episode, I did not cry, but hearing of Gobo not being born, I was like: "NO! Without him, there's no Jerry." (cries) Hoever, the more I saw this, the more I felt like breaking down to tears. (sniffs)

GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I Don't Understand Him at All can bring me to tears because it hits home for me. You can love someone, yet get utterly infuriated with them. I feel so sorry for both Gobo and Matt in that episode.

Twisted Tails and The Count like this.
  19. Beige Fraggle

Beige Fraggle Member

"Children of Tomorrow" from the episode "A Tune For Two" (also played during the end credits of the Fraggle Rock documentary hosted by Jim Henson). And of course the "Fraggle Farewell" version of it that is extremely hard to find (but luckily I managed to burn a copy on a CD before it seemingly vanished off the internet). That song ALWAYS gets me. After all these years (and I've watched Fraggle Rock since it first aired) I still cry whenever I hear that song.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. CanaceErinn

CanaceErinn Member

"Bring Back the Wonder" usually gets me, because it reminds me of how I thought the world was so magical when I was little, and as I've gotten older, I've found that that perception hasn't always matched up. Sometimes in dark ways.

Also, Red needs a good hug during that song.

GopherCoffee likes this.