Fraggle Street

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hey...I like it so far!:smile: And I laughed at Kermit's line about not wanting to become frog chow!

G-MAN

Reaction score
Oh man, I love the suspence making us wonder when you were finally going to move that crate, lol, things will now be getting very interesting ideed, lol

muppetwriter

Reaction score
After a three-week absence, Fraggle Street is now back in action.:smile:

Chapter Three: Kermit the Frog Meets Traveling Matt Meets...Something Else​

Traveling Matt was a venturous old creature that just happened to be wandering among the secret cave that was located right next to Doc’s new workshop, ducking and dodging black pipes that he believed to be “volcanic.” Matt was taking notes of his journey through the caves; in them, he mentioned how he was preparing to take his big step into the outside world, which he and the other members of his race (known as “Fraggles”) called “Outer Space.” His nephew, Gobo, supported his mission into “Outer Space,” while the other Fraggles believed that he was out of his mind to do such a thing.

“But I know that there is a bigger world beyond Fraggle Rock, and I intend on discovering it from top to bottom…that is, if it has a bottom…or a top, for that matter.” Matt murmured, as he jotted down his notes. Just then, something (or someone) bumped into Matt and knocked both him and his notes down. “My word! I seemed to have run into a pipe!” Matt looked up at the thing or person that he ran into and saw Kermit, looking down at him…strangely. “How unusual. A green pipe!”

“Pipe?” Kermit said, helping Matt back to his feet. “No, no. I’m not a pipe. I’m a frog.”

“A frog?” Matt remarked. “Is that another term for a pipe?”

“No, it’s what I am.” Kermit told Matt. “I am a frog.” He noticed how Matt was not getting the picture. “You know? Ribbit! Ribbit! Hop! Hop!” Never in his life had Matt ever seen a frog nor heard of a frog; and judging by the way he was blankly staring at him, Kermit knew just that. “You know, I’ve seen some of the strangest characters on Sesame Street, but you’ve got to be beyond that, my friend.”

“Sesame Street?” Matt uttered, intrigued over the name of Kermit’s home. “Is that habitat anything like Fraggle Rock?”

“Fraggle Rock?” Kermit said, amused over the name of Matt’s home. “Unless you have people there, I doubt it.”

“The only people that live on Fraggle Rock are the Fraggles, hence the name of the habitat.” Matt told Kermit, who gawked at the picture that he found back in Doc’s workshop and compared the Fraggle art to the Fraggle that was standing in front of him. “We Fraggles are a peaceful race of beings, who sing and dance and play anytime during the day.”

“Sounds a lot like what we do on Sesame Street.” Kermit said, putting away the drawing. “Say, listen…how long have you Fraggles been down here, behind Doc’s workshop?”

“Fraggles have inhabited these caves for generations and generations.” Matt said. “Our history goes back to the prehistoric age, when Fraggles roamed freely throughout the Earth, without a care in the world. And then, one day, they saw something that scared them so much that they were forced to hide forever in these caves. Little did our ancestors know that these caves rested beneath the biggest rock ever…a rock that we now call Fraggle Rock!”

“That’s a remarkable story!” Kermit exclaimed, truly impressed. “A secret race of creatures that have lived on sacred ground for millions of years! Well, I must say, for creatures that keep themselves so hidden, your English is awfully good.”

“Oh, our evolution gives us high intelligence.” Matt told Kermit. “That and we have connections to the Trash Heap that nestles beyond Fraggle Rock and past Gorg territory.” Kermit wasn’t sure what a Gorg was, but he figured that it was another type of Fraggle, kind of like a toad was another type of frog.

“I’d like to know much more about your kind, Mister…?”

“Matt. My name is Traveling Matt, Mister…?”

“Kermit. My name is Kermit the Frog.”

“Well, Mister Kermit,” Matt said, “It is quite a coincidence that you wish to know all about the Fraggles, because I would love to get to know all about ‘Outer Space’.” To Kermit, he believed that Matt wanted to know about their solar system and all the planets in it. Of course, on Sesame Street, if someone wanted to know about astronomy, they would go to Grover.

“Outer Space?!?!” Kermit exclaimed. “Hold on, Matt. Before we start taking field trips to NASA, maybe we should keep our feet on the ground.”

“That’s exactly what I want to do, Mister Kermit the Frog.” Matt said. “I want to keep my feet on the ground, while discovering ‘Outer Space’.” The small creature was making Kermit very confused; his ambiguous comments almost made his green head spin.

“Sheesh.” He uttered. “Listen, let me just show you around Sesame Street and meet some of the nice people there…and then we’ll talk about going into Outer Space.”

“But wouldn’t we be going into Outer Space, if you took me out into your Sesame Street habitat?” Matt asked, and Kermit was getting a migraine, though he was beginning to understand what Matt had meant.

“Oh…I get it.” Kermit said, pointing in the direction of the cave entrance that he went through earlier. “To you, the world that I come from is your ‘Outer Space’!”

“That what we Fraggles have grown to call it.” Matt stated, and Kermit shook his head negatively.

“That’s not Outer Space, Matt.” Kermit said. “Outer Space is…well…just come with me into Sesame Street, and I’ll show you what it really is.”

“Yes, but I shall lead the way.” Matt insisted.

“Uh, why are you going to lead the way?” Kermit asked. “You don’t even know these caves any more than I do.”

“Oh, but you’re wrong, Mister Kermit the Frog.” Matt said. “I have wandered throughout these caves for some time now, and I know them very, very, very well. So, follow me!” Kermit just watched the Fraggle as he headed in the wrong direction, possibly going into an area where there might’ve been a barrage of pipes. Instead of following the naïve creature, Kermit just continued on in the direction that he was heading into, before he bumped into Matt. He stopped for a brief moment and noticed how Matt’s traveling notes were still lying on the ground. Kermit picked the notes up and read them, as he had gone further into the cave.

Meanwhile, Matt had indeed headed right into a barrage of pipes that could’ve halted his journey down that section of the cave, but he instead took advantage of his small body and squeezed himself past the pipes. Once he had gotten through okay, he noticed a small dark hole in the wall, which looked a lot like a pathway to him. His curiosity got the best of him, and he decided to journey through the dark hole. Matt had spent twelve long minutes crawling through darkness, desperately wanting to see what was on the other side of the black tunnel. Soon the Fraggle was beginning to get very tired, and he stopped crawling long enough to get his bearings.

“I wish I had a way to see where exactly I’m going.” Matt uttered, and that’s when he heard a voice in the darkness that wasn’t his.

“Oh, don’t worry, mister.” The deep, scratchy voice said. “I can help you with that.” Before Matt could even say “Thank you,” a match was lit and the face of a four-eyed, red-nosed creature with yellow fur was revealed in front of Matt, who screamed in horror. The creature also screamed (for no apparent reason) and ended up accidentally blowing out the match, making it pitch black again. The screaming Matt ran right out of the dark tunnel and into the barrage of pipes again, accidentally knocking himself out as his head smacked against one of the pipes. The last thing he saw, before he had become unconscious, was the creature’s face, smiling right at him.

End of Chapter Three

I'm not even going to tell how I felt after writing that last part.:eek:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous muppetwriter!!! It's awesome!! I cannot wait to see what happens next!! (Let's just hope it's happy...) :smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh my goodness!! This is so great, muppetwriter!!! :big_grin: Can't wait for more!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea! An update! I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this Muppetwriter! This is some really great, really fun stuff! Keep it coming!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Let's see what's happening this week on "Fraggle Street"....or better yet, let's see what's happening on "Sesame Rock.":smile:

Chapter Four: The Sesame Queen​

When Matt regained his consciousness, he had found himself in a cavern that was a little similar to Fraggle Rock’s, only it was ten times larger. He was nestled safely on what appeared to be pile of large, soft, green leaves that were right next to a beautiful lake that had the most gorgeous waterfall added to it. Matt was a little surprised that he was not eaten, tortured, or injured in any way by the “barbaric” creature that he encountered in the caves.

“Hi, there!” Someone told Matt, who jumped in shock once he looked straight into the eyes of a different colored creature. “Don’t be afraid, friend. We Sesames aren’t here to hurt you Fraggles.” Matt calmed down a little, surprised that the unusual creature even knew about his race. He was even more surprised when he noticed more of the creatures (coming in different sizes, shapes, colors, ages, etc.) appearing in the cavern, all staring at him.

“What are you strange beings?” Matt asked. “I’ve seen just about every type of creature in these caves; but never have I seen anything as bizarre as you creatures!”

“We’re the Sesames.” One orange-colored creature said, with a high-pitched, nasally voice. “I guess you can say that we’re kinda your next door neighbors.”

“We’re a little surprised that you don’t even know us.” The yellow, red-nosed creature said. “We’ve visited the Trash Heap several times. Hasn’t she once mentioned us to you or your fellow Fraggles?”

“I’m afraid not.” Matt replied. “Not even those horrible, monstrous Gorgs have mentioned anything about you strange beings.” The Sesames laughed heartily at the mentioning of Gorgs, which surprised Matt a little. “Do you not believe in the Gorgs? They are no laughing matter, my bizarre friends! Surely you’ve encountered them while traveling to see the Trash Heap.”

“The Gorgs are our friends.” A purple, green-nosed, female creature stated. “They supply us with food, and we supply them with some in return.” Matt had almost fainted again from that news; for him and the other Fraggles, who lived in constant fear of the Gorgs (every time they had left Fraggle Rock), no creature ever had good relations with them.

“How is that possible?” Matt asked.

“The Sesame Queen makes it possible.” A brown, orange-nosed creature said, with a low-pitched, gargling voice.

“The Sesame Queen?” Matt said, intrigued over the name.

“Both her and her noble bodyguard step out of Sesame Rock occasionally to greet the Gorg giants and deliver the food that we pick out of these caves for them, while they give us the food that they pick out.” The yellow, red-nosed creature said. “She is the most beautiful being here on Sesame Rock.” Matt wanted to believe that; but just from staring at the Sesames for the longest time, he couldn’t believe that there was anyone out of their race that could be beautiful.

“Her bodyguard ain’t bad-looking either.” A female creature said, with blue fur and a yellow nose.

“Where is your Sesame Queen?” Matt asked, and before the Sesames could’ve answered, a shirtless human man of African descent, wearing beige pants and boots that were made out of wool, had entered the cavern. He was wearing a small crown on his head, which was made out of wool as well and included feathers that were taken from at least fifteen different birds. The man kept a stone dagger in a holster that was stitched on his right pant leg, and he kept a small, brown horn on his belt. He took his brown horn and blew it, letting out a colossal sound that forced the Sesames to focus their attention on him.

“The Sesame Queen cometh!” The man exclaimed. “She has found the Sesame infant that has been lost for nearly a day now!” The Sesames roared with applause over the news, as a female Caucasian human stepped, wearing a woolen bra and cape in addition to her pants and boots. She was indeed a beautiful woman with flowing auburn hair, hazel eyes, and lips that were as red as a rose. This was the Sesame Queen, a kind and thoughtful ruler who wore a crown that was bigger than her bodyguard’s and had a lot more feathers on it. She carried a violet, blue-nosed Sesame baby (that was about five inches) in her arms, touching its small nose (a ticklish spot for a Sesame creature).

“Shh. Shh.” She said, as the Sesame baby cooed at her. “You’re in safe hands now, little one. Be afraid no more.” The Sesames parted as their ruler passed through them, heading towards where Matt had been sitting. When the Sesame Queen approached Matt, he looked up at her with fascinated eyes; he never saw a human before, especially one that was as beautiful as the Sesame Queen, who just looked at him and smiled. “Hello, Matt.” She walked past him, with the Sesame baby still in her arms, and she stood near the edge of the lake. The Sesame Queen made a slight move of her wrist and used some sort of mystical power to make a large golden throne to rise out from the middle of the lake.

“Remarkable!” Matt exclaimed, as the Sesame Queen walked across the water’s surface and set herself down on her golden throne. Matt knew exactly what he had to do, after witnessing such an uncanny event; he searched his pockets for his journal, only to realize that it was nowhere on him. “It seems that I have lost my notes.” As Matt continued searching himself, the Sesame Queen’s bodyguard approached him; the Fraggle stopped and gawked at the other human, stunned by his towering appearance. “Greetings, creature. I am…”

“We know who you are, Traveling Matt.” The Sesame Queen said, and Matt looked right back at her. “We have learned much about you, since both the Fraggles and Sesames inhabited in these caves.”

“Your Highness,” Matt said, “How can you creatures live in peace with the Gorgs? They are ruthless monsters that have no respect for Fraggles.”

“I cannot believe such a thing.” The Sesame Queen said, respectfully. “The Gorgs respect every living creature…even the plants.”

“We run from them every time we step out from our habitat.” Matt said. “They hunt us and try to capture us for reasons unknown.”

“It seems that you haven’t given them the chance to get to know you.” The Sesame Queen told Matt. “The relationship between Sesames and Gorgs has been nothing but peaceful for centuries. Ever since the dawn of time, both races have lived together in harmony; they’ve realized how important it is to unite and survive all of life’s challenges.”

“If you live in harmony with the Gorgs, then why do you live in these caverns with the Fraggles, who hide from them?” Matt asked.

“The Gorgs insisted that we shelter ourselves in these caverns, once their population outgrew ours.” The Sesame Queen remarked. “It would’ve been more of a danger if Sesames and Gorgs lived in the same environment.”

“What kind of danger would ensue?” Matt asked.

“Chaos, corruption, greed, lust, and all of the sins that pollute a settlement.” The Sesame Queen stated. “That is why we never dare to see what lies beyond the Gorg territory. We don’t want to be affected by their sins.”

“I wish to see that world, despite its sinful influence.” Matt said. “There is so much out there to discover, and every Fraggle should know all out the world beyond ours, if we wish to share our culture with theirs.”

“You mustn’t go to that world.” The Sesame Queen said, standing up from her throne, with the sleeping Sesame baby still in her arms. “You must stay here with us where it is safe.”

“I cannot stay here.” Matt refused.

“Queen Lori wishes for you to stay, Fraggle.” The bodyguard said, with a powerful voice. “And whatever she wishes, you must obey.”

“And if I refuse?” Matt said, just before the yellow, red-nosed Sesame ran up to him and grasped onto him, as if he was protecting him from the Queen’s bodyguard.

“He didn’t mean that, Thom!” He told the bodyguard. “He doesn’t understand how things work here on Sesame Rock.” But Thom, the Queen’s bodyguard, wasn’t listening to the Sesame; he was just picking up a large rock that was sitting nearby and, with his bare hands, crushed it to pieces.

“Is that his way of threatening me?” Matt asked the yellow Sesame, who shook his head.

“No. He’s just retarding his anger.” The yellow Sesame said, and Thom was breathing heavily under stress.

“Thom, restrain yourself.” Lori, the Sesame Queen, demanded. “We mustn’t force Matt to stay with us. If he wishes to leave, then he is allowed to leave.” She focused her attention back on Matt. “But, please…at least let us share our civilization with you.” Matt thought carefully over his decision and nodded in affirmation to the excitement of the yellow Sesame.

“Oh, boy! This is going to be great!” He shouted, shaking Matt’s hand. “My name’s Melham! I’ll be showing you around Sesame Rock!”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Melham.” Matt said, and he looked closely at the yellow Sesame, smiling. “You know, just looking at you, I kind of see a bit of my nephew, Gobo, in you.”

“Is that a good thing?” Melham asked.

End of Chapter Four​

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Five: The Important Discovery

Kermit was amazed over all of the things that Matt noted in his journal. There was so much about the mysterious world of Fraggle Rock that he was learning from the notes, and he wondered if any of it was true. “Well, of course, it all must be true,” he thought to himself, “Where else could a strange creature like that come from?” Kermit then remembered that there are actually stranger creatures on Sesame Street; with that thought, he was convinced that Matt was just another S.S. resident who got lost in some unknown cave beneath an abandoned building. He thought that if he just turned back around and searched for Matt that he become quite the hero for saving a long-lost person…or whatever he was.

That’s when Kermit heard the sound of singing voices nearby; they came from further ahead, where there seemed to have been a section of the cave wall that was illuminated by a dim light. Shadows appeared on that wall…shadows of beings that (as Kermit noticed) had heads that were shaped nearly the same as Matt’s. He noticed that they were coming his way and ducked right behind a large rock to hide himself, as they approached that area of the caves. The beings turned out to be Fraggles, just like Traveling Matt, except they were younger ones.

One Fraggle had orange skin, pink hair, red fur, and usually wore a yellow sweater with either a purple sweater or a brown sleeveless jacket. He went by the name Gobo Fraggle, who was an explorer just like his Uncle Traveling Matt. Gobo was adventurous, clever, and kind; sometimes he tended to be a bit conceited, a trait that he shares with his uncle. To his best friends (Red, Wembley, Mokey, and Boober), he was a good leader; every time someone needed to get out of a tight situation, he was the first Fraggle to turn to.

“Oh, why are we going into these huge caves, Gobo?” asked Boober, who was quite the worrier. Unlike other Fraggles, he does not like fun and games; he spent most of the time worrying about doom and disease, and when he was not worrying for himself, he was busy warning others. “Your uncle knows these caves like the back of his tail. I’m sure that he’s not lost.”

“I can never be too sure, Boober.” Gobo said. “Uncle Matt said that he was only going to roam through these caves for a few minutes, and now it’s been nearly two hours.”

“We’re all worried for the safety of Gobo’s uncle, Boober.” Mokey said. “He’s the only Fraggle that has the bravery and determination to go out into ‘Outer Space’ and unfold its wonders and mysteries.” Mokey was a dreamer; because she was the oldest of the “Fraggle Five,” she functioned as the “den mother” within the group. Mokey was very emotional and concerned about others; she was always ready to help a friend in need, even if it was a Gorg.

“What kind of wonders does ‘Outer Space’ hold that you can always find in Fraggle Rock?” Red asked. “The whole idea of ‘Outer Space’ sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me. I’d rather leave whatever ‘wonders’ there could possibly be out there alone and enjoy my life here, while it’s still young.” Red liked to think of herself as the fastest and strongest Fraggle in the Rock; but she often got carried away in her activities. She was athletic, energetic, and she had a bit of an insecure side, hating to admit her mistakes.

“Red’s right.” Wembley said. “There’s so much to enjoy here in Fraggle Rock. We haven’t even uncovered half of the mysteries that Gobo’s Uncle Matt could in ‘Outer Space’. But…then again…the outer world might hold more mysteries and wonders than Fraggle Rock, which might make a huge difference if they were to be uncovered. Maybe Gobo’s uncle doing a huge favor for all us Fraggles.” Wembley was the youngest Fraggle of the group; he was often cheerful and energetic, but he had a bad habit of agreeing with everybody at the same time, since he hated to argue. He never seemed to make up his mind: he even had trouble deciding which shirt to wear, although he only owned two banana tree shirts that were exactly the same.

Kermit was very much intrigued over the appearance of such mystical creatures that had never been noticed by the present Sesame Street residents or, for that matter, any residents over the past years that Sesame Street had stood. The creatures almost looked the same as the ones that he had seen on the paper that he found in the abandoned workshop. The only difference that he noticed was the creatures on the paper were shirtless, while Gobo and his friends were.

“Uncle Matt’s got to be close nearby.” Gobo said. “I don’t believe for a second that he could’ve gotten himself lost in these caves.”

“It’s possible that he might not know these caves as well as he think he does, Gobo.” Red stated. “It could take days searching for him.”

“I don’t care if it does, Red.” Gobo remarked, with a hint of determination in his voice. “My uncle’s somewhere around here, and I intend on seeing if he’s safe.”

As Kermit listened to the interesting creatures, he still couldn’t get over the fact that they spoke such perfect English. He wanted so desperately to go back to Sesame Street and tell everyone about the hidden race of beings that lied beyond their neighborhood; unfortunately, he had no clue what section of the caves he was in. Kermit thought he knew exactly where he was going, but he was so taken by the information in Matt’s journal that he failed to keep track of his own trail.

“I should’ve brought some bread crumbs.” Kermit murmured to himself. “Or, better yet, I should’ve brought Cookie Monster.” He knew that he had to get out of those caves, whether he was lost or not. Before attempting to head in a direction that he had no clue where it lead, Kermit checked to see that he had everything he needed to prove the Fraggles’ existence. The moment he realized that he no longer had the Fraggle artwork on him, the Fraggles themselves found it on the ground.

“Hey, what’s this?” Boober asked, picking up the paper and showing to the others. Once they got a good look at the artwork on it, Mokey’s eyes widened with surprise.

“This is a drawing that the ancient Fraggles had done.” said Mokey, who was a big expert on art. “It’s been said that this drawing represents how the ancient Fraggles lived all those years ago.”

“But aren’t there supposed to be lots and lots of drawings that explain how the ancient Fraggles lived?” Wembley asked.

“Yes, Wembley.” Mokey replied. “But, unfortunately, all—except this one—have been missing for years. Legend has it that there are even drawings scattered throughout ‘Outer Space’.”

“I can’t see any better reason for Uncle Matt to go into ‘Outer Space’ than that.” Gobo said.

“Gobo, if these drawings are scattered around ‘Outer Space’, then your uncle would have to travel awfully far to find them.” Red said, just as Boober realized something.

“Hey, that might be what happened to your uncle, Gobo.” He said. “Maybe he didn’t want to risk going out into ‘Outer Space’ to find something that could be around these caves. And he might’ve gotten himself into serious danger while searching for them.” Gobo didn’t want to admit that Boober could’ve been right, but something in his mind told him that it could be a possibility.

“I’ve got to find him.” Gobo said. “I’ve got to help him search for those drawings.”

“Gobo, you can’t!” Red exclaimed. “You’ll be putting yourself at risk, just like your uncle has! It dangerous!”

“I don’t care, Red.” Gobo contradicted. “My uncle is risking his life to search for something that could change Fraggle Rock forever. And he needs me there by his side to find them.”

“But, Gobo…” Boober said, but Gobo didn’t allow him to finish.

“You all can go back and tell everyone about the drawing we found.” Gobo suggested. “Let them know that we Fraggles are on the verge of a colossal discovery.” Before Mokey, Red, Boober, or Wembley could have said any more, Gobo set off further into the caves to find his uncle and the other drawings. On his way, he passed by the rock that Kermit was hiding behind, but he failed to take notice of his presence.

“What’re we supposed to do now?” Boober asked.

“Do exactly what Gobo wants us to do, of course.” Wembley said, taking the paper out from Boober’s hands. “We have to tell everyone about this.”

“I say we just keep this all to ourselves.” Red suggested.

“We can do that, too.” Wembley said, handing the paper to Red, who afterwards had it snatched away by Mokey.

“We will not keep this to ourselves.” Mokey said. “It’s too important to keep secret.”

“But we don’t want to create some sort of Fraggle frenzy.” Red told Mokey.

“That’s right,” Wembley said, “We don’t want to create some sort of Fraggle frenzy.”

“It involves the history of our society.” Mokey said. “It’s crucial that we get this to the others!”

“That’s right.” Wembley agreed. “It’s crucial that we get this to the others.” Mokey, Red, and Boober continued to argue amongst themselves (with Wembley just agreeing with one Fraggle after the other), while Kermit stood behind the large rock and shook his head with discontent, feeling responsible for the ruckus. Suddenly, a voice that was familiar to Kermit broke up the commotion.

“Aw, what cute little creatures.” The voice said, and Kermit looked over the large rock to see who it was. Once he did, his eyes were filled with an emotion of surprise, while the eyes of Mokey, Red, Boober, and Wembley were filled with an emotion of shock, as they stared at the creature in front of them.

End of Chapter Five

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
OH! This is going along very great, MW!!! Wow....who're they looking at?

I hate to nag, but...more story please!?