1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Fraggles at DragonCon 2013

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by The Count, Jul 15, 2013.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Just announced, thanks to www.toughpigs.com, DragonCon's Beau Brown announced the following as guests for this year's convention:
    Karen Prell and Red Fraggle,
    Michael K. Frith, FR Writer/Visual Creator,
    and most surprising of all Katherine Mullen and Mokey Fraggle.

DragonCon 2013 will take place in Atlanta, Georgia, from August 30-September 2.
    If you're planning on attending, please post your experiences here. *:drool:

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

That's my hometown, and I go every year. So you know I'll be there with my puppets!

3. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

I do have one suggestion though,. It would be nice to take Janken with you. I bet he will see lots of silly creatures, but only two Fraggles. Hmm... I'm sure you'll have a blast!

4. Slackbot

Janken is my personal walkaround character, so I will definitely be taking him. He had so much fun last year, he'd never forgive me if I left him behind this time.

However, he'll look a bit different, as I'm going to rebuild him before the con.

5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

It just wouldn't be DragonCon without an appearance by Slackbot. The neat thing would be Janken and Mokey together... But cooler still would be if Skeeter finally did meet Red as well. Looking forward to your stories from the con Kim.

6. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Slackbot, please post pictures on here if you can, I'd like to see how Red and Mokey react when they meet Janken. I'd like to hear all about it.

7. Slackbot

If pictures are taken, rest assured that I will post the living daylights out of them.

8. Weirdo96

Weirdo96 Member

It's great that the Fraggles are still making live appearances after all these years. I'm especially excited about Mokey coming back. I can't remember the last time she's made a live appearance like this, let alone with Kathy Mullen puppeteering her. :dreamy:

I wish I could go, but I live nowhere near Atlanta. Oh well, I'll just wait for somebody to upload a video on YouTube.

9. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I love how Fraggles are still making appearances for their anniversary. I can't wait for videos, too, especially if it's whole.

10. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Say, does anyone know when exactly they'll be at? :search: Events differ on the days, and I have friends planning to go there on Saturday (31st), the 'event peak' of this convention.

11. Slackbot

When the schedule is up, it ought to be available on the Dragon*Con website. If memory serves, you go to "what to do", go to the Fan Tracks section, and click on the Puppetry Track entry in the left side bar to go to that track's page.

12. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

I was debating whether or not to go to Dragoncon this year, but the Fraggles got me! They've officially launched the Dragoncon app now, and the Fraggle events are already on the schedule for Saturday afternoon. Can't wait! :excited:

theSHE124 likes this.
  13. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Saturday Afternoon, Andy?!? COUNT ME IN! :fanatic: I've seen Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, Steve Whitmire, AND Heather Henson! I'll do anything just to catch a glimpse of Frith, Karen, and Kathy! And now the door of opportunity is calling me! :excited::dreamy:

By the way, this will also celebrate me getting 100 likes from you kind folks, Thank You! :)

14. Slackbot

Anyone who goes to Dragon*Con, be on the lookout for a thin, bespectacled blonde woman carrying a Fraggle (or Skeeter) around. That'll be me. [​IMG]

15. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

DragonCon has officially started but, like I said before, I intend to see the FR celebration next afternoon. If anyone else coming wants to find me:

ILLH CLO AFMMBO MFKBP

If that doesn't help, I'm also thinking about bringing my giraffe puppets.:smirk:

16. AndyWan Kenobi

I MET FRAGGLES TODAY! Woooo! Phone is dead or I would post a picture. The panel with Karen Prell, Kathryn Mullen, and Michael K. Frith was terrific. Good behind the scenes video, a great story about radio controlled Fraggle extras going nuts when there would be emergency radio signals from the firehouse next door, and good q and a that involved the silly creatures and their Fraggles. I was a little worried that I wouldn't make it into the meet and greet, because the line for that was forming while we were in the first panel, but I made it. I think my inner child just about passed out when I got my picture with Red and Mokey. Mr. Frith had made an exclusive illustration for the 30th anniversary to be distributed at the con, and they all had signed it. It was a remarkable day. Ms. Prell and Ms. Mullen said that they probably hadn't performed these two characters together since Jim Henson's memorial service. Wow.

17. AndyWan Kenobi

I saw you and Janken, Slackbot, but I didn't get a chance to say hello. So, hello from the guy with the mismatched shoes who sat next to you in line for the Muppet panel at LAST year's con.

Slackbot and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  18. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

You are telling the truth, AndyWan! I finally had a great day! :excited::excited::excited: The lines were long, but the wait was worth it! Slackbot, I got to meet up with you in line to the panels! I told I was in a costume of Dipper Pines.

So overwhelming...good thing me and my peeps left before our brains could explode! I need to journal this down before explaining it to you guys...:busy:

19. Weirdo96

Weirdo96 Member

Wow, you guys are lucky. I'd give anything to meet one Fraggle, let alone two. :excited: :dreamy:

I hope we get some photos or video soon. It sounds incredible.

20. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Yup!