1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggles in Muppet Specials

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Drtooth, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Since I have never seen a special entirely devoted to the Fraggles themselves (I know there is one, I just never saw it is all), so Here's some appearances that Fraggles make in Muppet specials.

The Muppets at Walt Disney World No Fraggles here, but in the Dog Kennel scene (With Rowlf singing) you can clearly see Sprocket the dog, as well as some extras from Dog City.

It would have been fun, however, had they had one with Gobo's Uncle Matt. I can see it now, "Dear nephew Gobo, I have travled to a most exotic world that the silly creatures come from different tribes all over to see. For some strange reason, they worship some sort of Mouse god, and go to something called a gift shop and barter strange gren rectangles for headgear with mouse ears on it!"

Muppet Family Christmas If anyone has seen this, they'll know that Doc and Sprocket rent Fozzie's mother's house for the holiday, but winds up staying there when the Muppets come in. Robin and Kermit travel across the basement and find a Fraggle hole, and meet Gobo, et. al. In a final scene the four main Fraggles peer out from behind a fire place (or something) mantel, while in view are Doc, Sprocket, and Travelling Matt.

Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson Obviously, they show clips of Fraggle Rock!

Muppets! A celebration of 30 years I haven't seen this (maybe I have, but I must not remember), but undoubtably, the Fraggles are present!

If anyone knows any others, please reply!
  2. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Traveling Matt appeared at Kermit and Piggy's wedding in Muppets Take Manhattan.

- Billy :cool:
  3. Drtooth

Why did that slip my mind? Actually, I wasn't going to really count movies, but it was a special occation. Thanks for you're help. If any of you know anymore (or can get more specific on the ones I listed) you'll know what to do!
  4. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Tooth,

Mokey and another Fraggle appeared in the finale in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.

Travelling Matt and Sprocket can be seen thruoghout The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years.

There was one Fraggle Rock Special, But it was only a half hour show. It is called The Bells Of Fraggle Rock, It isnt much of a Special, But thats what Henson call it.

See ya
  5. Drtooth

Thanx, BlueFrackle!! I knew they had to be in there somewhere! I just don't see the finale much of the Celebrate Jim Henson special. I always lose it there. I'm not one who likes to cry much, so when I see this special, I always pop in another video buy the time the "Wall Street corus" number is over.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

and, speaking of fr cameos in muppet films, supposedly word has it in juhl's original script it called for a uncle matt cameo on cape doom. just another sad thing about mfs, no 'other' muppet universe characters(fr, sesame, etc) cameos like in other muppet films.
  7. Drtooth

There hasn't been any Sesame, Fraggle, etc. cameos since Muppets Take Manhattan!!!!
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>There hasn't been any Sesame, Fraggle, etc. cameos since Muppets Take Manhattan!!!!<<<

do you mean film wise? If so, there hasnt been any fr cameos on a muppet film since 1996(sprocket was in MTI) and the last sesame/muppet show crossover was at the muppetfest/live show with elmo being with the rest of the Muppet Show gang.
  9. Drtooth

Sprocket I think I saw. Other than that I ment film wise. Especially Sesame. But you're right. Travelling Matt's appearecne would've made MFS much more fun.
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Travelling Matt's appearecne would've made MFS much more fun.<<<

oh yeah! but then again, that's late 90's JHC decisions for you! *cough* em.tv deal *cough*
  11. Drtooth

But where was sprocket in MTI? I saw it this weekend, and I musta missed him. It was on the VHS, if this helps.
  12. crazy ernie

crazy ernie New Member

if the documentary "the world of jim henson" counts, they do have some clips, including one of cantus's songs
  13. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

i want the muppets celebrate jim henson is there any where or any internet places to get it. links would help?
  14. eightiestoyboy

eightiestoyboy New Member

Re: Tooth,

Actually, there was a one-hour behind the scenes special about Fraggle Rock. It aired on CBC in Canada. I've heard that it didn't air anywhere else, although that is just rumor. Does anyone know?
  15. SCOOTER_101

SCOOTER_101 New Member

Actually this special also aired on HBO in 1987. It was later seen on Disney, and Oddysey.
  16. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

'Down at Fraggle Rock: Behind The Scenes' , I didnt state it as a Special because the Fraggles arent actually in a story.

It is about how they made the show, With Interviews with Richard Hunt, Jerry Juhl, Jim Henson and other Muppeteers.

See ya
  17. YOU DIDN'T MENTION KATHY MULLEN!!

:mad:

The woman behind Mokey is NOT simply "and other Muppeteers". You purposefully left her out as the ONLY other human, and I for one am 99% ready to boycott you for this!!

:mad:
  18. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

SPROCKET WAS IN MTI???
  19. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Spocket is in MCC, he can be seen throwing a snow ball out a window in the town were a frog is pulling on a chicken , droop get's his nose stuck in a closing window and there is a non muppet witch-like character sitting on a legd.

MFC was taped after TMTM
  20. Sidebottom

Sidebottom Member

Actually, Mokey, Gobo, and Wembley are all there.

And, of course, there're also clips from Fraggle Rock of the Fraggles singing "The Rock Goes On" and "We Are the Children of Tomorrow".

Not nearly enough Fraggle content in that special if you ask me.

Although that whole 5-4-3-2 Fraggle countdown thing near the beginning was really, really, really cool. I loved that. Anyone know where I can get images, or a movie file of that???

Ciao,
    -Sidebottom