1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fran Brill and Carmen Osbahr

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by jeffkjoe, Apr 30, 2003.

1. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

Anyone know the stats of Fran Brill and Carmen Osbahr? Are they married and/or do they have children?

I think they're very talented Muppeteers and very little is written about them.

All I know about Frannie is that she's a vet since 1970 and Carmen came from Plaza Sesamo, but that's about it.

Secret Squirrel?
  2. DrGoshposh

DrGoshposh New Member

I think I remember reading online that Carmen was married and had a child. That's all I know.

Scott
  3. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel New Member

Fran is also married.

secret squirrel
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Always wanted to ask this..

Who exactly did Carmen perform on Plaza? My guess is Lola, but I'm not too sure...
  5. Astro4004

Astro4004 New Member

good question!

Of all the veteran Muppeteers, Fran Brill is the one of which I know the least. Has she ever done any interviews or public appearances? Is there a picture of her anywhere? Why, after all these years, is she still so unrecognized - is this a deliberate choice on her part? It seems odd that we know so much about Jim, Frank, Jerry, Richard, and so on - but nothing on Fran. :confused:
  6. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

Actually, you can see a little bit of info on Fran, as well as her pictures, in the books SESAME STREET UNPAVED and JIM HENSON: THE WORKS.

You can also see what she looks like on the film MIDNIGHT RUN. She's at the beginning where she plays Charles Grodin' wife. Her real-life voice sounds very much like Little Bird's - not at all like the high-pitch squeak of Prairie Dawn's.

From what I understand, not only is Fran a Muppeteer, but she's also an actress, having done films, TV, commercials, and Broadway plays.
  7. Splurge

Splurge Member

For those interested, she also played had a role in Peter Sellers' last movie, "Being There." It wasn't a small role, either.
  8. Fran also starred in Frank Oz's film "What About Bob?" as Richard Dreyfus' cousin. I've heard her read some of the stories on "Reading Rainbow" too. Oh, and there's a cameo of her in the SS special "Peter and the Wolf" -- Baby Bear's family sits in front of a whole group of SS performers, including Carroll, Kevin, and Marty.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf
  9. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

I mentioned somewhere that IN THAT SAME MOVIE, there's a clip from SS#1037. Coincidence or what?
  10. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

Boober:

How can you remember the episode numbers for these shows? There are 4000 episodes of SESAME out there, so how do you do it?

Are you Rain Man?
  11. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yes, he is.

Actually, I'm sure you can find such lists online and such. And, if I know Boober_Gorg, he probably has them all. :)
  12. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Au contraire. But you're close. ;)

Well Justin, YOU ought to know which episode I'm talking about, since you recorded it for me. The scene in 1037 where Buffy and Big Bird sing is most likely the one used in Being There, which I only saw once, and thus I made a wild guess about it.
  13. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

.... Oh. .... Boy, I sound dumb today! (today???)

:) :p :) :p :)