Fran Brill and Carmen Osbahr

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Anyone know the stats of Fran Brill and Carmen Osbahr? Are they married and/or do they have children?

I think they're very talented Muppeteers and very little is written about them.

All I know about Frannie is that she's a vet since 1970 and Carmen came from Plaza Sesamo, but that's about it.

Secret Squirrel?

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
I think I remember reading online that Carmen was married and had a child. That's all I know.

Scott

Drtooth

Reaction score
Always wanted to ask this..

Who exactly did Carmen perform on Plaza? My guess is Lola, but I'm not too sure...

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
good question!

Of all the veteran Muppeteers, Fran Brill is the one of which I know the least. Has she ever done any interviews or public appearances? Is there a picture of her anywhere? Why, after all these years, is she still so unrecognized - is this a deliberate choice on her part? It seems odd that we know so much about Jim, Frank, Jerry, Richard, and so on - but nothing on Fran. :confused:

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Actually, you can see a little bit of info on Fran, as well as her pictures, in the books SESAME STREET UNPAVED and JIM HENSON: THE WORKS.

You can also see what she looks like on the film MIDNIGHT RUN. She's at the beginning where she plays Charles Grodin' wife. Her real-life voice sounds very much like Little Bird's - not at all like the high-pitch squeak of Prairie Dawn's.

From what I understand, not only is Fran a Muppeteer, but she's also an actress, having done films, TV, commercials, and Broadway plays.

Splurge

Reaction score
For those interested, she also played had a role in Peter Sellers' last movie, "Being There." It wasn't a small role, either.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Fran also starred in Frank Oz's film "What About Bob?" as Richard Dreyfus' cousin. I've heard her read some of the stories on "Reading Rainbow" too. Oh, and there's a cameo of her in the SS special "Peter and the Wolf" -- Baby Bear's family sits in front of a whole group of SS performers, including Carroll, Kevin, and Marty.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Splurge
For those interested, she also played had a role in Peter Sellers' last movie, "Being There." It wasn't a small role, either.
I mentioned somewhere that IN THAT SAME MOVIE, there's a clip from SS#1037. Coincidence or what?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Gorg
I mentioned somewhere that IN THAT SAME MOVIE, there's a clip from SS#1037. Coincidence or what?

Boober:

How can you remember the episode numbers for these shows? There are 4000 episodes of SESAME out there, so how do you do it?

Are you Rain Man?