Fran Brill question

dwmckim

Reaction score
Fran Brill is one of my fave performers and for someone who's one of the longtime veterans, there's not a lot of biographical info on her out there...even though she also has a notable second career as an actress...

Anyway, as i was on another forum (non-Muppet related) i saw the name "Fran Brill" come up in a highly unbelievable manner and was wondering if this would actually be in reference to Muppeteer Fran - or if it's just someone with the same name (or maybe just a case of mistaken identity). The topic of discussion was soap executive producer Paul Rauch...someone posted as an aside that he was married to "soap actress Fran Brill" at one time - now i know Fran's done some acting on soaps (i remember tuning into ALl My Children to catch glimpses of her playing Erica's drug counselor) but the idea of Muppeteer Fran Brill being involved with someone who doesn't exactly have a very sterling reputation in terms of how he deals with people (especially females/actresses) just really shocked me and i was really hoping it wasn't "our Fran" - i did some Google searches trying to find some info but didn't come up with anything (though i did learn some more things about Fran's resume and accomplishments so that was a nice treat at least) and when i asked the original poster on that board for more info, it got lost in other discussions and was never responded to...so does anyone here know if Fran Brill was ever married to Paul Rauch? When? How long? Just seems like an incredibly odd and shocking pairing - and if true, maybe Mr Rauch may be the greatest guy in the universe and maybe the two are even still happily married and i would certainly hope that Fran's personal life is a happy one! But from everything i've heard about rauch's character, it made me a bit concerned to see his name and Fran's in the same sentence!