Frank in # of the Day?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree. I never noticed a big difference in Cookie Monster's voice. It's true Dave does a lot of 'Baby Bear' type voices, his Cookie Monster doesn't sound much like that. For the most part, I think he does a good job.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'm waiting until he can ad-lib a lot in character (like he does with Baby Bear). Maybe he should team up with a Marty Robinson character; they always have good chemistry.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
I thought that Frank refused to play Bert to anyone else's Ernie after Jim died.
You know what? Steve's heard that same rumor too. But it does kinda make sense though, I mean say if you were performing one character of a dynamic duo, and someone you knew very dearly performed the other...it would be hard to play to anyone else's interpretation of that character.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
I thought that Frank refused to play Bert to anyone else's Ernie after Jim died.
It is true that for the first 3 years after Jim passed away (1990-1993) Frank refused to perform Bert to anyone else's Ernie. There was a few Bert only sketches made during those years. (Iv'e gotta be Clean, Bert and Rick Morantis on the Airplane, Keep the Park Clean for the Pigeons, and a sketch when Elmo keeps scarring the pigeons away) There was also a silent Ernie in the 1991 special " Let me Eat Cake" In 1993 Steve performed Ernie in the New Year's Special. Only one line, but it was the first time for Frank's Bert to interact with someone else's Ernie. In 1994 the very first sketch was made with Steve's Ernie and Frank's Bert. So I guess after a while Frank changed his mind. But you don't really see him as Bert much these days, and it's been like that for about 5 years now. I sometimes think Frank leaving The Muppets and most of Sesame Street may have a lot to do with Jim's Death. Even though Frank didn't quit right after Jim died, I think he might have felt that things simply weren't the same anymore, and his job wasn't as fullfilling as it was when Jim was alive. JMO

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's really too bad because it seems like Frank and Steve did well with :frown: and :stick_out_tongue: especially in songs like "Things I remember" and "What's the Name of that Song?" I think that one was Frank and Steve anyway.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
You can't really blame Frank in that sense. He and Jim were excellent partners and for Frank it was probably like someone had chopped off one of his hands and he needed to learn how to perform solo when it came to Bert and Ernie.

puppetise

Reaction score
if i was frank oz i would still perform bert with ernie to salute or sumthing like that foe jim but i gues Infinity Sirius is right