Frank Oz and Dave Goelz lend their voices to Inside Out

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kinda spoilery if you saw this on ToughPigs like I did.
http://www.toughpigs.com/inside-out/

As if you needed another reason to see a Pixar movie. Nice to know this movie took a page from Monsters INC and cast Muppet performers when the film clearly has some nice Muppety inspiration (Fear kinda looks like Gonzo, right down to his MTM sweatervest). Oh, and Frank's playing security guard Dave and Dave's playing security guard Frank. Are they going to impersonate each other? :wink:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I was so excited when I saw that on Tumblr. I really want to see the movie now! I loved Frank when he did Fungus in Monsters Inc. but I can't wait to see how these two characters are portrayed!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Would've been cool to give Yeardly Smith a cameo too, seeing as how this movie is similar to Herman's Head.

While I can't really find much merchandise of this film, let alone their characters, if you find something called a "My Busy Book" (a large book with a cardboard back filled with figures and a playmat, they have several licenses and can be easily found at Marshalls or TJ Max for 8 bucks), it features little figures of what looks like these two characters.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
This made me wonder--if Jim, Jerry and Richard were still living, do you think Pixar would have given them voice cameos?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wondering why Jerry didn't do one before he passed. I do know he was in one episode of Sheep in the Big City, along with several other Sesame Street puppeteers. You know, because SITBC was created by a former writer and animator for Sesame.

Seems that giving Frank a character in Monsters Inc was an obvious choice. That movie clearly had some Muppet Monster/Sesame Street inspiration. This seems to have some Muppety influence as well.

Oh, and I firmly believe that Jim would have collaborated with Pixar on something if he were still around. Seems like something natural for Jim to do.

SpookyMania

Reaction score
Just got back from the movie (which was great by the way). I may have been the only one in the theatre cracking up when I heard Oz's and Goelz's voices on the screen. Oz is unmistakable, but their cameos are very brief. But if you pay attention to every character voice (like I do), you'll hear them right away.

rexcrk

Reaction score
That's really cool that they were both in it!

I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't recognize either of their voices, I'm usually so good at that lol.