Frank Oz Birthday Menu

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In case you haven't seen it, we have a special birthday menu for Frank Oz on the front of the site designed by James Carroll. As of Sunday, Frank is celebrating 59 years!

:attitude:

radionate

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Mr. Oz, and thanks for all the memories and cherished times!

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
In case you haven't seen it, we have a special birthday menu for Frank Oz on the front of the site designed by James Carroll. As of Sunday, Frank is celebrating 59 years!

:attitude:
Frank is 11 years younger than Caroll Spinney? You learn something new everyday.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking he's older than that since he retired from Muppateering. Anyway, happy birthday, Frank! :mad: :frown: :embarrassed: :attitude:

Luke

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Frank ! Nice menu Jamie !

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
Yeah, I was thinking he's older than that since he retired from Muppateering.
Not retired. Currently working on Sesame Street. And yeah, he was a whole lot younger than Jim, and Caroll Spinney's older then Jim Henson, so, it kinda makes sense that Frank'd be younger...

Great menu, Jamie! Looks great!

:embarrassed: :frown: :mad: :attitude: :halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Glad you like the menu.

Frank Oz was very young when he joined the Muppets so I can imagine him being a decade younger than Spinney. He is an amazing performer. Even if he is unnofficially retired (he reportedly still does some SS), I hope he is still involved with the Muppets. :halo:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I've seen him do a lot of Sesame stuff in the new season. I think one time he started doing cookie monster during his letter segment, then switched to Super Grover and someone else did cookie. I think they switch on and off.

It kind of annoys me, not because i want Frank to retire, but because now I find myself trying to figure out who is doing which character. It's hard to tell sometimes. Eric's Bert is especially good. I'm sure if a theatircal release of a muppet move were done in the near future Frank would have some part in it, though I wouldn't want him to do voice over work unless it was for Sam and even that isn't needed because I thought Kevin did a good job on the voice and I'm sure could do the puppet work.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but before I end my rambling, i'll say this. Frank isn't officially retired and I'm pretty sure Eric is still considered an alternate for his characters, but Frank's voice for Piggy has started to sound a little too forced lately and so are some of the other voices. Also, his puppet work seems a bit off. the motion of the mouth doesn't sync up as good as it use to. I prefer Eric's rendition of his characters over Franks current performance due to age or even lack of interest. :eek:

Maybe I should have saved this little rant for someplace else.

foofoocakes

Reaction score
Happy birthday Mr OZ. you truly are a wizard. Anyone who could do Bert, Yoda and Cookie Monster is a hero in my book.:flirt: