Frank Oz Linked To Powers Movie

Lu775

Reaction score
Hi, I just saw this article at: http://www.comicscontinuum.com

Brian Michael Bendis confirmed trade reports that Frank Oz is in negotiations to direct the Powers movie.

"He has a great take on it," Bendis told The Continuum. "Sounds pretty cool."

Mace Neufeld is producing Powers, which is set up at Sony/Columbia. Carlo Bernard and Doug Milo have been writing the script.

Oz's directing credits include Ump, The Score, Bowfinger, In & Out, Housesitter, What About Bob and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Oz, 58, has also acted in nearly 50 movies, including the voice of Yoda in the Star Wars films.

Bendis is also executive producing MTV's Spider-Man animated series

Lu775

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know anything else about it. The site is all about comic books and super heroes, so it would be that type of movie I think.....

Lu775

Reaction score
Powers Info

Ok, here's some info on the Comic Book: POWERS (I got this from
http://www.jinxworld.com/)

POWERS

Heroes glide through the sky on lightning bolts and fire. Flamboyant villains attempt daring daylight robberies. God-like alien creatures clash in epic battle over the nighttime sky. And on the dirty city streets below, Homicide Detective Christian Walker does his job.

Detective Christian Walker is a special homicide officer in charge of cases that involve…Powers. What is a cop’s job like in a world where powers are par for the course? And what kind of cop is given the assignment?

Find out in the gritty, new crime comic book series Powers from super hot comic writer and EISNER award winner Brian Michael Bendis (Sam And Twitch, Jinx, Batman) and art deco comic artist Mike Avon Oeming (Young Justice, Superman).

This on going, hard-boiled crime comic with a mainstream twist is brought to you in startling full color by Pat Garrehy (JLA)

cast

Detective Christian Walker has the stoic mannerisms that come with the job. As a homicide detective, Walker has seen it all: How power corrupts absolutely, How transparent the label hero can be.

The other cops on the force admire him for his detective work, but are leery of his anti social behavior. Walker is a good, even great, determined cop, but underneath his veneer, he is hiding a dark secret.

Detective Deena Pilgrim, on the other hand, is a real gung-ho go-getter. Like many cops of her generation, she is unimpressed by superpowers and cosmic nonsense she can’t understand. She just does her job.

Kutter is a young, severely ambitious rookie detective whose ideals and allegiances may or may not be on the up and up. But there’s one thing for sure, his antagonism in the guise of hero worship towards walker is a big thorn in Walker’s side.

World of powers

Powers takes place in a large unnamed metropolitan city. It will feel and breathe like a crime fiction drama but its backdrop will be littered with brand new original and mysterious hero and villain icons created especially for this series.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Wow, Frank doing a superhero movie.

Maybe we'll yet see the return of Wonder Pig! Or SuperMoi.

Splurge

Reaction score
I was hoping it was going to be a new "Austin Powers" movie. Still you never know, I could see Frank Oz and Mike Myers working well together.