Frank Oz's next film: Horrible Bosses

matleo

Reaction score
hey gang,

just pulled this off hollywoodreporter.com. It's Frank's next film (maybe).

Frank Oz is in negotiations to helm "Horrible Bosses" for New Line Cinema. The studio acquired the spec comedy script by Michael Markowitz last month for Brett Ratner and Jay Stern to produce through their Rat Entertainment shingle (HR 2/18). The dark comedy revolves around three friends who decide to team up to murder their unbearable bosses. New Line president of production Toby Emmerich, vp Cale Boyter and creative executive Michael Disco will shepherd the project through production for the studio. Stern is overseeing the feature with John Cheng for Rat Entertainment. Oz most recently directed "The Stepford Wives" and "The Score." Repped by CAA, Oz also voiced the character of Yoda in the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith." (Liza Foreman)

and there you have it. just hope it's better than his last 'dark comedy'.

--Matt

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I really hope that Frank finds great happiness in turning out these garbage films as the Muppets whither away into disrepair. :rolleyes:

I did like "The Score," but not enough for him to have left the Muppets in order to do it. And then I mean...that's about it. I was extremely let down when they went to a CG Yoda for SW also, though the change in Frank's voice is definitely noticable. All in all...Frank, there's a funny brown bear and a mean diva pig that could really use your 'helping hands'...and voice... :smirk:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I support him because of who he is, but I haven' been impressed with his last few flicks. Here's my quick reviews on Frank Oz's non-Muppet films:

The Stepford Wives - The original Sucked, this one wasn't much better.
The Score - You'd think with such a great cast it would have been better. Ed Norton was this movie's saving grace.
Bowfinger - Please tell me this was all just a bad dream and it never really happened.
In & Out - Now this was funny. My favorite of Frank's films.
The Indian in the Cupboard - He left the Muppets because he wanted to get away from kid's type entertainment, right?
HouseSitter - Don't remember it, can't give a valid statement.
What About Bob? - Bill Murray at his best, my wife's all time favorite movie.
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - Definately had it's moments, but it's not finding it's way in my movie library.
Little Shop of Horrors - Genius. Perfect casting, perfect interpretation, and one might argue that is one big mean freakin' Muppet.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Personally, I adored Stepford Wives. It is my absolute favourite non-muppet movie! But I may be alone in thinking that...