Free Kermit Plush - UK !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
In todays 'The Mirror' newspaper there is the first token to get a free 7" Kermit Plush !

You need to collect todays token and tommorows, and take it down there before October the 1st.
I should think that there will be one extra token, Incase you missed one. They always do that !

It also says while your there check out the Muppet Plush, Posters, Calendars and Video Games !

Good Luck !

Luke

Reaction score
Excellent - Thanks Warrick !!!! Wow - Virgin are going all out on the Muppets packing the place with stuff - yet they are selling the figures at double the price of the Simpsons, what a strategy !

Does it definitely say there'll be one extra token cos i didn't get todays Mirror ?

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Forbidden Planet is working with Virgin on this whole thing -- which may explain the price, Luke -- and I know they ordered an assortment of extra Kermits for the occassion.

So, free Kermit plushes, huh? Warrick -- you think you could try to get an EXTRA free Kermit for me, too? Huh, huh? I asked my contact at FP, as he is involved in the promotion, but he tends to forget. He's a nice guy, don't get me wrong, but getting me a Kermit is probably the LAST thing on his mind.

Also, Luke and Warrick(and anyone else in the UK, of course), let us know what kind of other merchandise they have there. My FP contact said that Virgin was going all-out bonkers Muppet style. Let us know if there's anything new and exciting.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah they are very Kermit heavy in store - i noticed that. As of now, i've seen mini plushes, large plushes, Muppet figures, Muppet Playsets, Mugs, Posters, DVD's, Videos, Calendars, Video Games etc etc. Hopefully there's more to come !

I take it the rest of the stuff is to capitalise on them taking the Muppet figure line but i really hope they keep it up. I respect them totally going through Forbidden Planet but they are a big enough chain to have got the stuff directly from you and avoided the middle man charges like they have with Playmates.

Luke

Reaction score
Just saw the paper today - they are printing a token each day until Friday. All you need is two tokens from any two days and you get the free Kermit plush. (while stocks last !)

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
(while stocks last !)
You know, that sounds more appropriate for a Gladys the Cow giveaway than a Kermit giveaway...

*cue the cow puns*

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Travis,

You got one, But only if stocks last till Friday - LOL

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I got my free Kermit today !

Its a 7" Nanco Kermit wearing a white T shirt with The Muppet Show 25th Anniversary logo on it.

Its a real nice plush, I wonder if it was a Virgin Store exclusive ?

I havent seen it anywhere else.

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Sounds cool Warrick, i'm off to get mine tomorrow !

Luke

Reaction score
Just wanted to add i stopped off at Virgin tonight on the way out and picked up my Kermit Plush - they had boxes of them. I like it - yes it's a Nanco but they had dressed it up really well in the anniversary T-shirt and it's on a keyring chain - very cool. I've also found his legs are very flexible so you can get him into all manner of gynacological positions easily - thats a bonus eh ? ;-)

Also wanted to add that seems Palisades are now getting a higher profile in the Virgin stores. Not sure if Travis had a word with his contact on seeing what was said before but the Palisades stuff has now been moved at our local branch to a whole new point of sale display that looks like the Muppet show curtains. As of right now the Muppet stuff is on its own in a prominent position and the figures are there alongside all the Mugs, DVD's and small and large Catrico plushes. They are no longer grouped with the Simpsons so this should give it a boost.